Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... 11:22 - Nov 29 with 1089 viewsitfcjoe

....and what a miserable 7 years it has been!

What a moment that was though.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 11:25]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

7 years since Stephen Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 11:23 - Nov 29 with 1065 viewspatrickswell

Noel.
7 years since Stephen Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 11:26 - Nov 29 with 1037 viewsitfcjoe

7 years since Stephen Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 11:23 - Nov 29 by patrickswell

Noel.

Edited - I've just spent the last 10 minutes watching various videos of it on YouTube as well!

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 11:49 - Nov 29 with 949 viewsmarchy

That moment, and then Murph bludgeoning his way through the defence in the first minute away at Brentford, and then the comprehensive home dismantling of Charlton in the last game of 2014 all felt like assurances that at long, long last we were getting out of the Championship at the right end.

Then it all immediately started going to sh*te.
7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 11:54 - Nov 29 with 933 viewsChurchman

It was. I went with my Sunderland mate and he was amazed at how noisy our support was. We went to London Bridge (Barrow Boy) and Borough Market and spent the afternoon getting absolutely hammered. Great day.

Charlton away is always a good one - apart from when we threw away a two goal lead in 2001/2
7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 917 viewstextbackup

the mings ball gets me every time. it so high, so perfect, like how was that even possible

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:09 - Nov 29 with 880 viewsitfcjoe

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 11:58 - Nov 29 by textbackup

the mings ball gets me every time. it so high, so perfect, like how was that even possible

And then the first touch from McGoldrick - 2 class players

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:12 - Nov 29 with 873 viewsclive_baker

That was a pony game but worth it for that moment.

Chambers swearing on the pitch after.

Midday k/o IIRC. That was a boozy day!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:19 - Nov 29 with 834 viewsitfcjoe

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:12 - Nov 29 by clive_baker

I was massively hungover, sick a couple of times on the train on the way up there, managed to hold down a couple of pints pre match and then was sick as soon as got back to the All Bar One by London bridge station so called it a day shortly after - bad planning on my part.

Login to get fewer ads

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:32 - Nov 29 with 795 viewsmarchy

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:12 - Nov 29 by clive_baker

I seem to recall a shining example of Conor Sammon's complete lack of finishing ability in that game, he got put through and just sort of bumped into the ball.
7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:37 - Nov 29 with 767 viewsReuser_is_God

I was so hungover that day I couldn’t even celebrate the goal.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:37 - Nov 29 with 764 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not been miserable at all.

I've been forced to change jobs due to Brexidiots, but my new colleagues are nicer to work with.
I'm getting to a position where I may be able to consider (partial) early retirement.
My kids are growing up into decent human beings (can't be the genes on my side!).
I've been interrailing around Europe, had several holidays in France, Spain, Italy. Spent 7 months living in America.
Rediscovered skiing and had a great Christmas skiing holiday in Canada

Oh, you mean the football. Ah, carry on!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 13:05 - Nov 29 with 704 viewschicoazul

Remember when we had a good team and a good manager and then the manager got run out of town by a bunch of dipsticks and the new manager got rid of all the good players? I remember

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 13:35 - Nov 29 with 629 viewspablo_canooga

Didn't we beat them 3-0 the following season with Tommy Smith scoring a 'typical' Mick McCarthy goal following some head tennis??!!
7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 13:37 - Nov 29 with 622 viewstextbackup

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:09 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

And then the first touch from McGoldrick - 2 class players

the ball across made me gag
the touch - full sick
the goal - fainted

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 13:38 - Nov 29 with 614 viewsPrideOfTheEast

7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 12:19 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

I was massively hungover, sick a couple of times on the train on the way up there, managed to hold down a couple of pints pre match and then was sick as soon as got back to the All Bar One by London bridge station so called it a day shortly after - bad planning on my part.

I was also quite hungover having been out for a lunch the day before that ran until about 10pm. I did manage to have a pint before the game but was straight home after!
7 years since Noel Hunt's late winner at Charlton..... on 13:47 - Nov 29 with 581 viewsIllinoisblue

Hunt and Chaplow. Couple of moments. That’s all we have. A moment here, a moment there. Years of frustration and disappointments briefly uplifted by loanees scoring late winners.

What a club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024