Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... 11:22 - Jan 6 with 1245 viewsIP12

I was once told by a 'well informed' relative (who had strong connections with the Management Board at Ipswich) that the club has its very own 'mini-scandal' (it is alleged). The calendar that was printed and got ready for sale for the Christmas of 2000 had to be pulped and re-printed as a result of a 'Team Rebellion'. The original version had featured a photo of Amir Karic who had been signed as a Town player in August 2000 but who had not made an appearance for the club. A number of players who had already played a substantial number of games had been excluded from the calendar. I was told that not all of the calendars were destroyed and that approx 25 had been given (discreetly) to senior club staff as gifts.......
The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 11:30 - Jan 6 with 1169 viewshype313

As slow news days go, this must be top of the tree.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 12:03 - Jan 6 with 1092 viewsIllinoisblue

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 11:30 - Jan 6 by hype313

The World in Action team are getting together for one last time to investigate.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 12:07 - Jan 6 with 1076 viewsIP12

My item was in addition to Steve-M's tale of the Portsmouth 2013 calendar (@ 1954 hrs 05 Jan).
The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 12:14 - Jan 6 with 1044 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not often ITFC inside info genuinely makes my eyelids heavier.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 12:24 - Jan 6 with 1016 viewsWeWereZombies

Typical ITFC admin, they could have made a killing by shipping them out to Croatia but choose to pulp them instead.

Sheepshanks out!

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 12:26 - Jan 6 with 1010 viewsthorpedo

Only 25 calendars left? Their days must be numbered.......

Thorpedo

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 13:54 - Jan 6 with 869 viewsGeoffSentence

Imagine how much those 25 calendars would be worth now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 13:56 - Jan 6 with 861 viewsSteve_M

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 12:07 - Jan 6 by IP12

My item was in addition to Steve-M's tale of the Portsmouth 2013 calendar (@ 1954 hrs 05 Jan).

I'll re-link that here in case anyone missed it:

The story of Portsmouth's 2013 calendar is great by Steve_M 5 Jan 2022 19:54
Thread here:

https://twitter.com/donaldvass/status/1478742708487344131

Adam Webster about the only player to feature on it who did well for them.

I did wonder if that's where the calendar theme for your OP came from.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 835 viewschicoazul

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 13:56 - Jan 6 by Steve_M

I'll re-link that here in case anyone missed it:

The story of Portsmouth's 2013 calendar is great by Steve_M 5 Jan 2022 19:54
Thread here:

https://twitter.com/donaldvass/status/1478742708487344131

Adam Webster about the only player to feature on it who did well for them.

I did wonder if that's where the calendar theme for your OP came from.

Related; is Webster the last genuinely good player we signed?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 14:06 - Jan 6 with 827 viewsfactual_blue

Wait till he hears about the relief of Mafeking.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 14:10 - Jan 6 with 820 viewsBloomBlue

Was his photo featured on the April (1st) page by any chance?
The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 14:12 - Jan 6 with 813 viewsSteve_M

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 14:02 - Jan 6 by chicoazul

Related; is Webster the last genuinely good player we signed?

Define 'genuinely good' here....presume you mean capable of playing in the Premier League.

Waghorn definitely should count even if his ceiling is lower, last three years would have been better had we kept him. Edmundson looks like he could play at Championship level at least and there is potential in plenty of other players we signed permanently last Summer.

Of course, we let two very talented young players leave last Summer to yelps of delight from many fans.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 14:33 - Jan 6 with 771 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The curious case of Christmas Calendars....... on 12:07 - Jan 6 by IP12

They're all being really mean to you. Ignore them.

Now, can you answer me this: is there any truth in the rumour that Matt Holland tore the picture of Marcus Stewart out of his family's ITFC calendar because his wife kept turning it back to that month and it was making it difficult for Matt to keep track of when he had to take the kids to swimming? Or was it, as some claimed, that it simply got ripped when Matt lent it to Pablo Counago at the training ground so that the incoming Spaniard could learn his new team-mates names, but he got a bit over-confident and turned the page too quickly, resulting in the unfortunate damage to the photo of the Bristolian goal ace's face?

Or that Michael Chopra once bought all the copies of the ITFC calendar from the club shop, crossed out the name "Aaron Cresswell" from the March entry and wrote "Michael Chopra" instead, leaving them scattered around the training ground in the hope of throwing some heavies off the scent?

Or that Romeo Zondervan used to fill in his import declaration forms "Printed material: Ipswich Town calendars" hoping that no customs official would bother to open the packages, but hadn't factored in that they would come in from Holland via Harwich docks, where a good percentage of the Excise staff are Town fans?

If you can answer any of those then you will truly be the ITFC Calendar ITK def info king.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024