Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really 22:56 - Jul 30 with 2807 viewsunstableblue

Exciting and entertaining football, played at speed, with two good side, with quality players battling it out….

Incredible work rate given the heat

Wonderful atmosphere created by both sets of fans

Apart from not taking the big chance and probably needing to carve out a few more chance it was a positive town performance to build upon

Andy and Stu sum the game up perfectly:

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 22:59 - Jul 30 with 2746 viewsVeggie

Phil can you lock this thread? Far too positive.
[Redacted] on 22:59 - Jul 30 with 2746 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 22:59 - Jul 30 with 2740 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not really different to what people have said imo. Same football as it had been since Xmas. Lots of ball. Tempo increased. Chances increased. Didn't win.

Lots of promise.

Let's see where it goes.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 23:06 - Jul 30 with 2688 viewsPrideOfTheEast

We were miles better after the first 20mins. Second half was really strong and we looked very fit and very athletic - much more so than last year. 22 shots to their 5 tells a story but as has been obvious for some time we desperately need another 9.
I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 23:13 - Jul 30 with 2631 viewsunstableblue

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 23:06 - Jul 30 by PrideOfTheEast

We were miles better after the first 20mins. Second half was really strong and we looked very fit and very athletic - much more so than last year. 22 shots to their 5 tells a story but as has been obvious for some time we desperately need another 9.

Or did we come up against a really strong back 4 from Bolton??

Can’t imagine Ladapo will play a harder defender than Santos

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 23:29 - Jul 30 with 2557 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Well said.

Certainly wasn’t boring after the first 15/20 mins.

Agree about the atmosphere just need to crack on with a few wins and keep up the good vibes as we know some fans are fickle.

Gamechanger have done some good things in terms of the matchday experience- fanzone, improved sound system, new screen (albeit couldn’t read it from SBR), even the Carlos Edwards interview at half time. Good stuff.
I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 23:32 - Jul 30 with 2534 viewsWarkystache

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 23:29 - Jul 30 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Well said.

Certainly wasn’t boring after the first 15/20 mins.

Agree about the atmosphere just need to crack on with a few wins and keep up the good vibes as we know some fans are fickle.

Gamechanger have done some good things in terms of the matchday experience- fanzone, improved sound system, new screen (albeit couldn’t read it from SBR), even the Carlos Edwards interview at half time. Good stuff.

Same. I wondered if I needed glasses reading the teams when they appeared.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

It was OK today…. on 23:48 - Jul 30 with 2486 viewsBloots

….nothing more, nothing less.

Ultimately we are going to need to win the vast majority of our home games if we are going to trouble the top two, and without over simplifying it, we dropped two point toward our ultimate goal.

I appreciate this may be difficult for you to accept, because you are without doubt the happiest and clappiest of all our happy clappers!

….and that’s not meant as an insult, but you do look at things very, very positively.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

It was OK today…. on 00:01 - Jul 31 with 2388 viewsN2_Blue

It was OK today…. on 23:48 - Jul 30 by Bloots

Ultimately we are going to need to win the vast majority of our home games if we are going to trouble the top two, and without over simplifying it, we dropped two point toward our ultimate goal.

I appreciate this may be difficult for you to accept, because you are without doubt the happiest and clappiest of all our happy clappers!

….and that’s not meant as an insult, but you do look at things very, very positively.

We drew 1-1 in a game we dominated after 20 minutes and didn't get any breaks at all.

The ball in their area favoured them everytime, they got lucky it never fell to us.

On another day we win that 3-1. Bolton did sod all in 90 mins apart from a pen. Contrast that to last year at PR.

Very positive, on to next week. Any fans moaning need to give their heads a smack. Yes frustrating not to win but not a lot to moan at.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

It was OK today…. on 00:40 - Jul 31 with 2217 viewsHorseboy

It was OK today…. on 00:01 - Jul 31 by N2_Blue

We drew 1-1 in a game we dominated after 20 minutes and didn't get any breaks at all.

The ball in their area favoured them everytime, they got lucky it never fell to us.

On another day we win that 3-1. Bolton did sod all in 90 mins apart from a pen. Contrast that to last year at PR.

Very positive, on to next week. Any fans moaning need to give their heads a smack. Yes frustrating not to win but not a lot to moan at.

What have I just read ha ha
I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 08:38 - Jul 31 with 1823 viewsjayessess

We all knew yesterday was going to be tough, didn't we? Good team, finished last season like an absolute train, kept their best players.

It wasn't quite the result we hoped for and you could see some familiar flaws (and strengths!), but we got 0 points against the same opposition last year, so we're already +1 on last season. We also came back from a goal down and pushed on and dominated the second half. Lots of promising stuff and it's far too early to get too down about any issues we've still got.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So you are saying that…. on 08:57 - Jul 31 with 1742 viewsBloots

It was OK today…. on 00:01 - Jul 31 by N2_Blue

….drawing 1-1 at home against a team that “did sod all in 90 mins apart from a pen” is “very positive”?

It was a great result for Bolton, it was two points dropped by us whatever way you look at it.

Every league game is worth 3 points whatever stage of the season we are at.

We can’t afford a slow start again.

It was OK today…. on 08:59 - Jul 31 with 1729 viewsDyland

It was OK today…. on 23:48 - Jul 30 by Bloots

Aahahaahhhhhaaaaaaa!

You've forgotten Stablers during the McCarthy years innit?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I remember the word “exquisite”…. on 09:05 - Jul 31 with 1673 viewsBloots

It was OK today…. on 08:59 - Jul 31 by Dyland

Aahahaahhhhhaaaaaaa!

You've forgotten Stablers during the McCarthy years innit?

….being used regularly during the Cook months.

Nuff said.

So you are saying that…. on 09:05 - Jul 31 with 1666 viewsjayessess

So you are saying that…. on 08:57 - Jul 31 by Bloots

….drawing 1-1 at home against a team that “did sod all in 90 mins apart from a pen” is “very positive”?

It was a great result for Bolton, it was two points dropped by us whatever way you look at it.

Every league game is worth 3 points whatever stage of the season we are at.

We can’t afford a slow start again.

It's pretty positive to restrict a team that took 45 points from their last 22 games to "sod all", isn't it?

It's a bit OTT to start worrying about slow starts after one game.

I remember the word “exquisite”…. on 09:06 - Jul 31 with 1659 viewsDyland

I remember the word “exquisite”…. on 09:05 - Jul 31 by Bloots

….being used regularly during the Cook months.

Nuff said.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well the first game…. on 09:09 - Jul 31 with 1648 viewsBloots

So you are saying that…. on 09:05 - Jul 31 by jayessess

It's pretty positive to restrict a team that took 45 points from their last 22 games to "sod all", isn't it?

It's a bit OTT to start worrying about slow starts after one game.

….is literally the start, so it’s not OTT.

I’m not worrying, but equally I’m not lauding a draw at home as a great result.

Balance, innit.

Beat FGR and our start will be positive.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 9:10]

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 09:12 - Jul 31 with 1622 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 23:32 - Jul 30 by Warkystache

Same. I wondered if I needed glasses reading the teams when they appeared.

You probably do, coz I could read them!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Well the first game…. on 09:19 - Jul 31 with 1584 viewsjayessess

Well the first game…. on 09:09 - Jul 31 by Bloots

….is literally the start, so it’s not OTT.

I’m not worrying, but equally I’m not lauding a draw at home as a great result.

Balance, innit.

Beat FGR and our start will be positive.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 9:10]

No-one is lauding a great result, are they? They're seeing some positives in the performance and not getting too down about a point in a tough opener.

For me, 3 games minimum for a "bad start", 6 to have major concerns, 10 to make *a judgement*.

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 19:09 - Aug 1 with 1292 viewsWhos_blue

Nope.

You were at the same game as me and also saw what I saw.
A disappointing result given some our chances, but much to be very heartened by.
Bar the result, if we're to be served up that style of play week in week out, I'll be very happy.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 19:15 - Aug 1 with 1273 viewsSwansea_Blue

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 23:13 - Jul 30 by unstableblue

Or did we come up against a really strong back 4 from Bolton??

Can’t imagine Ladapo will play a harder defender than Santos

Nah, we carved them open at times and then made bad choices and/or couldn’t execute the final ball. But overall agreed. Bolton came out like a train, but after we started to get a foothold in the game we kept the pressure up. Lots of energy all round.

Edit. Don’t get me wrong, they were good and Santos was a rock for them. We were our own worse enemy at key times though rather than Bolton snuffing us out.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 19:17]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I seem to have been to a different game to some.. that was really on 04:55 - Aug 2 with 1088 viewsSaigonTractor

Another thing to add is that Bolton will be one of the toughest teams we'll play all season. Shame we couldn't get the win, but if you'd offered me a draw before the game I'd have taken it.

I'll be a bit concerned if we can't beat Forest Green though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024