Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived 07:05 - Feb 20 with 952 viewstractordownsouth

N to the T

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 07:56 - Feb 20 with 899 viewsclive_baker

4 goals conceded in 10 games too, which is so refreshing. We look so much better organisationally and so much harder to play against under KM.

A far cry from the side that conceded 16 in the first 10 league games of the season, even in Cook’s last 10 we averaged over a goal a game conceded.

Whether we make the playoffs or not, which is a tall order given the gap when he came in, the future is bright under KM. I’m sure we’ll see playoff form from him joining to the end of the season, maybe even better. Just a shame that an 8 point gap or whatever it was with half a season left is like starting the season on minus 16.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:00 - Feb 20 with 874 viewsDubtractor

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 07:56 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

4 goals conceded in 10 games too, which is so refreshing. We look so much better organisationally and so much harder to play against under KM.

A far cry from the side that conceded 16 in the first 10 league games of the season, even in Cook’s last 10 we averaged over a goal a game conceded.

Whether we make the playoffs or not, which is a tall order given the gap when he came in, the future is bright under KM. I’m sure we’ll see playoff form from him joining to the end of the season, maybe even better. Just a shame that an 8 point gap or whatever it was with half a season left is like starting the season on minus 16.

We conceded 15 in the first 6 - much worse than you even suggested!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:00 - Feb 20 with 871 viewsdavblue

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 07:56 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

Yesterday was much better from an attacking point of view, we are just doing the fundamentals so much better, it’s been a really promising start to his career so far.

You feel like something is building up, as he said though momentum can be lost as quickly as it’s gained.

I hope I’m wrong but I feel like the play offs will just be that step too far after the start to the season.
7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:05 - Feb 20 with 858 viewsclive_baker

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:00 - Feb 20 by Dubtractor

We conceded 15 in the first 6 - much worse than you even suggested!

That period was absolutely horrific, we were as soft as sh1t weren’t we? I think there was an element of personnel about that, and Walton, Edmundson and Morsy have made a big difference since they came in. So perhaps fairer to compare to Cook’s latter era but quite honestly we never looked like a side that was organised. We seemed to ride our luck so much, and then when you looked at the support team Cook had it didn’t feel like a surprise really with the lack of defensive experience.

I see Chesterfield shipped 3 yesterday. Don’t suppose the red card helped but I do hope for their sake that he learns from his time here. Mckenna’s defensive pragmatism and attention to detail is really evident and long may it continue.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:10 - Feb 20 with 836 viewstractordownsouth

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:05 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

That period was absolutely horrific, we were as soft as sh1t weren’t we? I think there was an element of personnel about that, and Walton, Edmundson and Morsy have made a big difference since they came in. So perhaps fairer to compare to Cook’s latter era but quite honestly we never looked like a side that was organised. We seemed to ride our luck so much, and then when you looked at the support team Cook had it didn’t feel like a surprise really with the lack of defensive experience.

I see Chesterfield shipped 3 yesterday. Don’t suppose the red card helped but I do hope for their sake that he learns from his time here. Mckenna’s defensive pragmatism and attention to detail is really evident and long may it continue.

Those 6 games are what will probably keep us out of the play offs. Even just taking those games away we’d be 5th in the table.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 09:23 - Feb 20 with 626 viewsjayessess

What's scary is that we have this record and are actually still improving! The last 3 have been a step up on the previous 7.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 09:24 - Feb 20 with 619 viewsChurchman

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:10 - Feb 20 by tractordownsouth

Those 6 games are what will probably keep us out of the play offs. Even just taking those games away we’d be 5th in the table.

Yes, it was the start that killed us, but you never know.

Regardless, it’s been a great effort and has shown just how crucial a strong defence is.
7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 09:35 - Feb 20 with 561 viewsjayessess

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:05 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

Worth noting though that whilst we weren't brilliant in Morsy's absence, we won 3 out of 4 games without him under McKenna and conceded just once. What good managers do is adjust to the personnel available to them...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 10:53 - Feb 20 with 476 viewspatrickswell

7 wins in 10 for McKenna, 7 wins in 23 before he arrived on 08:10 - Feb 20 by tractordownsouth

If we’d kept even half of the points we squandered from winning positions under Cook, we’d be in the hunt for an automatic place. Most pertinently, had we not dropped the 2 goal leads against Wimbledon and Cambridge, we would currently be part of that 55 point club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024