Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston 13:05 - Mar 5 with 2070 viewsmonytowbray

Our political journalists are complicit, not fit for purpose, or both.

Never liked the guy, always felt he was a smarmy toad in it for his own ego and self-gain. This really doesn't help his cause to plead ignorant/lie.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:14 - Mar 5 with 1988 viewsDarth_Koont

Of course. People like Peston, Kuennsberg, Neil, Robinson and others (not to mention the outright propaganda units of the right-wing media) are pure gatekeepers for this stuff.

In exchange for getting access and client journalist briefings through the gate.

Pronouns: He/Him

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:15 - Mar 5 with 1990 viewsJ2BLUE

Peston showed himself up during the pandemic. Too interested in trying to find a way around the rules and catching the government out to ask anything meaningful.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:17 - Mar 5 with 1955 viewsN2_Blue

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:14 - Mar 5 by Darth_Koont

Of course. People like Peston, Kuennsberg, Neil, Robinson and others (not to mention the outright propaganda units of the right-wing media) are pure gatekeepers for this stuff.

In exchange for getting access and client journalist briefings through the gate.

Peston is thick and Kuensberg is a shockingly bad journalist.

Yet they get the top jobs on our TV, sad state of affairs.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:19 - Mar 5 with 1940 viewsmonytowbray

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:15 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

Peston showed himself up during the pandemic. Too interested in trying to find a way around the rules and catching the government out to ask anything meaningful.

The fact he had to "try" and catch the government out says enough about his ability.

Actual Journalists and a few Lawyers had them by the balls the moment contracts without tender started flying out to donor businesses with no past experience in PPE/Health manufacturing. It was an exercise in wealth extraction using the excuse of a national emergency.

I pointed this out many times too, I was accused of "Political Point Scoring" so yeah, remember the people on this board who were complicit too.

Gaslighting sh1ts everywhere.

TWTD never forgets…

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:23 - Mar 5 with 1874 viewsDarth_Koont

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:17 - Mar 5 by N2_Blue

Peston is thick and Kuensberg is a shockingly bad journalist.

Yet they get the top jobs on our TV, sad state of affairs.

Indeed. But I think those are more qualifications for the role than drawbacks.

They’re also ridiculously and breathlessly in love with the game of politics. And thus totally uninterested in the underlying social, political and economic issues they and the politicians should be focusing on and being held accountable for.

I have little but disdain for the average party politician. But, as much as anything, they’re a product of our political media not being remotely fit for purpose.

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:41 - Mar 5 with 1780 viewsChurchman

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:14 - Mar 5 by Darth_Koont

I loathe them all, especially Peston. Why can’t the tool talk in proper sentences?

I did get to verbally abuse Kay Burley of Sky in the Red Lion in Parliament Street a few years ago. She was phenomenally rude to my mate with no cause whatsoever, so received a volley of insults from me. My overpriced pint tasted all the better. Hag.

I’ve seen Andrew Neil in the area a few times. He’s a little bloke with a face like a walnut. Nothing to be arrogant about there thought I, but he is.
Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:45 - Mar 5 with 1743 viewsjontysnut

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:23 - Mar 5 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. But I think those are more qualifications for the role than drawbacks.

They’re also ridiculously and breathlessly in love with the game of politics. And thus totally uninterested in the underlying social, political and economic issues they and the politicians should be focusing on and being held accountable for.

I have little but disdain for the average party politician. But, as much as anything, they’re a product of our political media not being remotely fit for purpose.

Editors are more interested in the size of a journalists contact book... And journalists often don't want to piss off their contacts.
Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:54 - Mar 5 with 1684 viewsDarth_Koont

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:45 - Mar 5 by jontysnut

Editors are more interested in the size of a journalists contact book... And journalists often don't want to piss off their contacts.

True.

Also the demographics of the main news coverage is overwhelmingly 45+ (something like 80% of those who watch BBC News, for example). I think that also feeds into the ultimately bland, safe and status quo-loving nature of the coverage.

For that audience, they don’t generally see or feel as many problems in need of a solution. Not real ones anyway. News sites for the younger audience are generally much more penetrating in their analysis because of the demographic and the urgency but also because there’s real competition outside the mainstream, legacy channels.

Login to get fewer ads

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 14:05 - Mar 5 with 1595 viewsEastTownBlue

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:15 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

He would stand more chance of catching the goverment out if he asked a short and clear question instead of droning on for a couple of minutes allowing them to pick out whatever they wanted to answer.
Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 14:34 - Mar 5 with 1476 viewsjaykay

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 13:19 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

The fact he had to "try" and catch the government out says enough about his ability.

Actual Journalists and a few Lawyers had them by the balls the moment contracts without tender started flying out to donor businesses with no past experience in PPE/Health manufacturing. It was an exercise in wealth extraction using the excuse of a national emergency.

I pointed this out many times too, I was accused of "Political Point Scoring" so yeah, remember the people on this board who were complicit too.

Gaslighting sh1ts everywhere.

i expect the main man who accused you of this will be along in a minute with his mate , to deny all this

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 15:03 - Mar 5 with 1383 viewsmonytowbray

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 14:34 - Mar 5 by jaykay

i expect the main man who accused you of this will be along in a minute with his mate , to deny all this

Nah enforced block.

He’s a coward.

TWTD never forgets…

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 16:01 - Mar 5 with 1277 viewsSwansea_Blue

To an extent he’s right. A relatively small voice has been warning us of the danger with Russian influence for years, but the vast majority of financial and political actors have ignored it. And the public too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 17:21 - Mar 5 with 1153 viewsWonky

If I was Robert, my immediate priority would be to get a better nickname.
Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 18:58 - Mar 5 with 1004 viewsFelstow1978

There are no doubt certain observers who allege that Peston's entire career has been facilitated by his father's contacts book

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:00 - Mar 5 with 989 viewsJ2BLUE

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 15:03 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

Nah enforced block.

He’s a coward.

Enforced blocking is a brilliant idea. You don't get on and go around in circles. Isn't enforced blocking a good idea?

I'd happily use it on 5-6 posters.

Truly impaired.

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:03 - Mar 5 with 969 viewsRadlett_blue

Robert Peston nearly shared my flat in the early 1980s.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:03 - Mar 5 with 972 viewsmonytowbray

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:00 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

Enforced blocking is a brilliant idea. You don't get on and go around in circles. Isn't enforced blocking a good idea?

To be fair I suggested such a feature ages back as have a few others.

Doesn’t bother me, facts are still facts.

Wonder what XZBlue has against accurate political reporting?

TWTD never forgets…

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:04 - Mar 5 with 965 viewsmonytowbray

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:03 - Mar 5 by Radlett_blue

Robert Peston nearly shared my flat in the early 1980s.

You could have pre-emptively shat in his cornflakes.

TWTD never forgets…

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:07 - Mar 5 with 943 viewsJ2BLUE

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:04 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

You could have pre-emptively shat in his cornflakes.

I bet he doesn't even use plant milk, the ****

Truly impaired.

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:51 - Mar 5 with 865 viewsSwansea_Blue

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 19:00 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

Who said that?

It’s a very good idea. Eggcellent!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 10:16 - Mar 6 with 574 viewssoupytwist

Robert "Boil My Piss" Peston on 14:05 - Mar 5 by EastTownBlue

He would stand more chance of catching the goverment out if he asked a short and clear question instead of droning on for a couple of minutes allowing them to pick out whatever they wanted to answer.

What really got on my nerves bout Peston when he first became a TV journalist as BBC economics editor was that he took ages to get a sentence or question out of his mouth. Fine if you’re a print journalist who can’t talk in a succinct way, as long as you write properly. On TV that stuff actually matters because you’re taking up large chunks of a time limited programme with the not very effective sound of your own voice.
He has hasn’t got much better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024