Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… 21:26 - Apr 7 with 1641 viewsITFC_Forever

… people seem to be forgetting it’s also the same shirt he was wearing when he took on half the England team to score. Two points to that…. 1) why didn’t someone bring him down? 2) I’m not convinced Terry Butcher didn’t get the final touch…

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 21:45 - Apr 7 with 1554 viewsbrazil1982

He didn't beat half the team, Peter Reid for one was very ill and the rest of the team were pedestrian due to the heat. I think Butcher has said he did try to bring him down.

Most overrated goal ever.
The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 22:05 - Apr 7 with 1487 viewsMelford

I've been telling people for years the second was a Terry Butcher own goal.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 22:53 - Apr 7 with 1422 viewsMattinLondon

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 21:45 - Apr 7 by brazil1982

He didn't beat half the team, Peter Reid for one was very ill and the rest of the team were pedestrian due to the heat. I think Butcher has said he did try to bring him down.

Nah, the most overrated goal was the one Ryan Giggs scored for Man U against Arsenal. The one where he took his shirt off revealing his ape chest - Seaman for some strange reason decided to fall over backwards.
The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 22:56 - Apr 7 with 1424 viewsLord_Lucan

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 22:05 - Apr 7 by Melford

I agree

It's as plain as day.

Maradonna though was easily the best player in the world ever - and I would have loved to have had a night out with him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 06:51 - Apr 8 with 1184 viewsVeggie

It’s an iconic shirt. It represents probably one of the most famous footballing incidents ever by one of the world’s greatest players.
The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 06:58 - Apr 8 with 1174 viewsITFC_Forever

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 22:53 - Apr 7 by MattinLondon

Nah, the most overrated goal was the one Ryan Giggs scored for Man U against Arsenal. The one where he took his shirt off revealing his ape chest - Seaman for some strange reason decided to fall over backwards.

Nope, it’s Wayne Rooney’s over-head kick against Man City. He shinned it and got lucky.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 07:30 - Apr 8 with 1146 viewsChrisd

It’s still one of the most iconic World Cup goals. Look at the state of the pitch?! The ball was bobbling about, yet Maradona still kept it tied to his laces with ease. You might not like him, but he was a wonderful footballer and this goal was one of many terrific ones he scored in Mexico ‘86, ignoring the hand of God! Maradona has at the height of his powers in that tournament, top players make things look easy and he most certainly was the best in the world at that time.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 7:37]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 09:52 - Apr 8 with 985 viewsDyland

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 21:45 - Apr 7 by brazil1982

' Most overrated goal ever. '

arf

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 09:53 - Apr 8 with 983 viewsDyland

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 22:56 - Apr 7 by Lord_Lucan

I agree

It's as plain as day.

Maradonna though was easily the best player in the world ever - and I would have loved to have had a night out with him.

Innit!

Diego and George Best.

On both counts :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 10:00 - Apr 8 with 974 viewsblueasfook

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 22:05 - Apr 7 by Melford

Nah Maradona definitely put it in. He toe pokes it in past Shilton. Butcher's left foot never made contact.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 23:52 - Apr 8 with 747 viewsBigCommon

Never really warmed to Maradona. Partly I suppose , due to how the media portrayed him. Let's not forget , (how could we?) The Falklands were fresh in the mind throughout the 80's and beyond.. And I despised him for the "Hand of God" goal.... But from a purely footballing point of view. You have to say, he was on another level.. I mean, he absolutely ran games... Up there with Messi and C. Ronaldo, imo.. For some of the best players that have played, in my lifetime... He was a lot of things, Diego Maradona.. Footballing genius, being amongst them. Imo...
The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 23:53 - Apr 8 with 744 viewsZXBlue

The fuss about the Maradona “Hand of God” shirt… on 23:52 - Apr 8 by BigCommon

Never really warmed to Maradona. Partly I suppose , due to how the media portrayed him. Let's not forget , (how could we?) The Falklands were fresh in the mind throughout the 80's and beyond.. And I despised him for the "Hand of God" goal.... But from a purely footballing point of view. You have to say, he was on another level.. I mean, he absolutely ran games... Up there with Messi and C. Ronaldo, imo.. For some of the best players that have played, in my lifetime... He was a lot of things, Diego Maradona.. Footballing genius, being amongst them. Imo...

There was a blatant foul on the halfway line before the goal. Var would haev chalked it off these days. And would have served the drug addled, arrogant cheating little c-unit right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024