Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) 19:24 - Apr 23 with 1260 viewspointofblue

Walton
Donacien - Woolfenden - Edmundson
Burns - Morsy - +1 - +1
Chaplin
+1 - +1

+1
+1 - Burgess - Ndaba(?)
Vincent-Young - Evans - Bakinson - Penney
Celina
Jackson - +1

Hayes as third keeper; El Mizouni as a further reserve. I am intrigued about what McKenna has planned for Edwards. Baggott will probably get a loan spell; will we keep Ndaba in reserve due to the number of defenders the current formation requires?

Aluko, Bonne, Carroll, Hladky, Holy, Harper, Kenlock, Norwood, Pigott and Thompson all out. Aluko feels harsh but his age counts agains him whilst I'm gambling on Celina finding momentum after a full pre-season rather than being affected by Covid.

I almost feel the mental approach of the new signings is as important as their footballing ability though.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 1:58]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 20:58 - Apr 23 with 1116 viewsStewart27

Agree with that in the main.

Said some time ago that Chaplin will be our only “attacker” who will be here next here next season.

I think Evans is good enough to be in the first 11 and if Celina is here he starts. Other than that I make you right.
Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 21:01 - Apr 23 with 1106 viewspointofblue

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 20:58 - Apr 23 by Stewart27

Agree with that in the main.

Said some time ago that Chaplin will be our only “attacker” who will be here next here next season.

I think Evans is good enough to be in the first 11 and if Celina is here he starts. Other than that I make you right.

I guess the key decision McKenna will have to make it what formation he wants to play, and then will bring in players to fit the system. Will he stick with a wing back system or revert to a back four, for example?

Agree with most of that… but Penney is not good enough.. on 21:13 - Apr 23 with 1078 viewsunstableblue

And I see El Mizouni as 2nd 11…

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 21:13 - Apr 23 with 1077 viewsElderGrizzly

I think Evans will be next to Morsy. Our form fell away when he got injured.

We’ll certainly see a LWB come in and at least 2 new strikers to replace Bonne and Norwood.
Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 23:15 - Apr 23 with 966 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I don’t think 15 named players and seven +1s are allowed to be a “first XI”.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 01:58 - Apr 24 with 881 viewspointofblue

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 23:15 - Apr 23 by BasingstokeBlue

I don’t think 15 named players and seven +1s are allowed to be a “first XI”.

Yeah, I overlooked adding second XI and couldn’t be bothered to edit. Will take First XI out now.

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 06:44 - Apr 24 with 843 viewsBondiBlue

I'm increasingly unconvinced by celina but i think the club hierarchy is and will try sign him permanently. If that happens, he starts every week.

I think contracts may be more of a factor than we imagine, even with ashton's obvious skill at selling players. So piggott, edwards, harper etc. may have more of a part to play than we think they deserve right now.

Those 1st and 2nd XIs of yours make depressing reading for our u23s.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 08:10 - Apr 24 with 765 viewswrightsrightglove

Said on a previous thread that I could see us moving to four at the back to go either 4-2-3-1 or effectively 4-2-4 with two strikers when needed:

1st:
––––––––-Walton
Donacien - Wolf - Edmundson - New LB
––––––Morsy - Evans
–––-Burns - Celina - New LW
–––––––New Striker

2nd:
–––––-New keeper
KVY - Burgess - Ndaba - Penney
–––Bakinson - Humphries
–New RW - Chaplin - Edwards
–––––––Jackson

Plus one more striker, Aluko and possibly a new CM.
Baggott, El Miz, Harper loaned out (plus humphries if new CM brought in)
Pigott, Hladky sold
Login to get fewer ads

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 08:20 - Apr 24 with 747 viewsNthQldITFC

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 06:44 - Apr 24 by BondiBlue

I'm increasingly unconvinced by celina but i think the club hierarchy is and will try sign him permanently. If that happens, he starts every week.

I think contracts may be more of a factor than we imagine, even with ashton's obvious skill at selling players. So piggott, edwards, harper etc. may have more of a part to play than we think they deserve right now.

Those 1st and 2nd XIs of yours make depressing reading for our u23s.

I think Celina's contributions will be magnified so much when we have effective number 9s available. He's a league winner for us if we can take the pressure of the supporting forwards a bit. He's Ronaldo at this level.

I remain convinced that Edwards will become our left-sided Burns for many games next season. Imagine that balance (which takes the heat off Burns and Donacien a bit) added to a number 9 capable of holding the ball up and playing in the likes of Celina, Chaplin, Morsy, Burns, Edwards breaking past him.

And Aluko should be a high prority to retain too, for the slightly different (high quality possession) style he can bring.

We're pretty close to a superb Div3 / decent Div2 team already, just need to correct the unexpected aberration of having virtually no remotely effective number 9 options since McKenna arrived, and get the confidence really high.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 08:44 - Apr 24 with 713 viewscressi

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 08:10 - Apr 24 by wrightsrightglove

Said on a previous thread that I could see us moving to four at the back to go either 4-2-3-1 or effectively 4-2-4 with two strikers when needed:

1st:
––––––––-Walton
Donacien - Wolf - Edmundson - New LB
––––––Morsy - Evans
–––-Burns - Celina - New LW
–––––––New Striker

2nd:
–––––-New keeper
KVY - Burgess - Ndaba - Penney
–––Bakinson - Humphries
–New RW - Chaplin - Edwards
–––––––Jackson

Plus one more striker, Aluko and possibly a new CM.
Baggott, El Miz, Harper loaned out (plus humphries if new CM brought in)
Pigott, Hladky sold

Walton

Janoi
Wolf
Edmondson

Burns

New
Morsy
Chaplin or Celina

New

New

Personally regards Evans think he should be back up when he was playing most weeks people on here moaning he was poor except odd game. Fitness also a concern and out of the youngsters a couple may be kept here and get games the others to go on loan gain experience
Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 08:49 - Apr 24 with 676 viewsfranz_tyson

Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 08:20 - Apr 24 by NthQldITFC

I think Celina's contributions will be magnified so much when we have effective number 9s available. He's a league winner for us if we can take the pressure of the supporting forwards a bit. He's Ronaldo at this level.

I remain convinced that Edwards will become our left-sided Burns for many games next season. Imagine that balance (which takes the heat off Burns and Donacien a bit) added to a number 9 capable of holding the ball up and playing in the likes of Celina, Chaplin, Morsy, Burns, Edwards breaking past him.

And Aluko should be a high prority to retain too, for the slightly different (high quality possession) style he can bring.

We're pretty close to a superb Div3 / decent Div2 team already, just need to correct the unexpected aberration of having virtually no remotely effective number 9 options since McKenna arrived, and get the confidence really high.

Just thinking of budget - retaining or signing Celina could really impact what we can spend on other players. He's a marquee signing and for his pedigree/wages should be a shoe-in and shouldn't need better number 9's to make him better - he should be the one who makes the others look better. Wonderful talent - but do still wonder if he's suited to this league and what we really need.
Don't think we should retain all three of Aluko, Celina and Chaplin. Chaplin should stay and I think I'd keep Aluko as a squad player/ sub.

I hope we bring in a few more hardened individuals who can handle this level. And if we can do that and have enough in the budget to afford Celina- then OK. But he shouldn't be a priority signing.
Squad for next season (five hundredth thread on this?) on 13:27 - Apr 24 with 556 viewsPioneerBlue

We have been found to be around 10-20 goals short.

Walton
Donacien - Woolfenden - Edmundson
Burns - +1
Morsy - +1
Chaplin - +1 or Celina
+1

3 or 4 in 1st XI

Squad

GK
Hladky or +1

Defence
+1 - Burgess - Ndaba(?)