Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WRBCFC 20:40 - Dec 8 with 2307 viewsgainsboroughblue

Still going great guns.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

WRBCFC on 20:44 - Dec 8 with 2286 viewsDubtractor

Such a surprise that Rooney has struggled there.........
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 20:44]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

WRBCFC on 21:33 - Dec 8 with 2177 viewsIllinoisblue

They look utterly awful. He might not last the season. Tom Brady in as caretaker. Probably wouldn’t do any worse.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

WRBCFC on 21:35 - Dec 8 with 2169 viewsSteve_M

WRBCFC on 21:33 - Dec 8 by Illinoisblue

They look utterly awful. He might not last the season. Tom Brady in as caretaker. Probably wouldn’t do any worse.

One win since he took over, against Sheffield Wednesday. Coventry might still pay for only scoring once though b

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

WRBCFC on 21:38 - Dec 8 with 2148 viewsgainsboroughblue

WRBCFC on 21:35 - Dec 8 by Steve_M

One win since he took over, against Sheffield Wednesday. Coventry might still pay for only scoring once though b

2 nil.

That O'Hare looks a baller.

WRBCFC on 21:39 - Dec 8 with 2144 viewsSteve_M

WRBCFC on 21:38 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

2 nil.

That O'Hare looks a baller.

Birmingham were attacking as I posted that, thought I might get caught out the other way.

Nice control and finish there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

WRBCFC on 21:50 - Dec 8 with 2084 viewsgainsboroughblue

At the moment, it's the start they made under Eustace that may save Rooney from relegation. What a fecked up scenario. Dreadful appointment.

WRBCFC on 22:08 - Dec 8 with 2011 viewsGuthrum

WRBCFC on 20:44 - Dec 8 by Dubtractor

Such a surprise that Rooney has struggled there.........
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 20:44]

I thoght he would do ok, given the setup and momentum he was inheriting. Not necessarily storming the top six, but at least upper mid-table to maybe playoff fringes.

At Derby, he got some respectable results at a club where the basket case was rapidly coming unwoven (and had been before he took the top job).

Slightly surprised at quite how very badly it's gone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

WRBCFC on 22:13 - Dec 8 with 1984 viewsgainsboroughblue

WRBCFC on 22:08 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

I thoght he would do ok, given the setup and momentum he was inheriting. Not necessarily storming the top six, but at least upper mid-table to maybe playoff fringes.

At Derby, he got some respectable results at a club where the basket case was rapidly coming unwoven (and had been before he took the top job).

I've read on more than one occasion that Liam Rosenior was the brains at Derby when WR was there. Maybe there is something in that.

Login to get fewer ads

WRBCFC on 22:35 - Dec 8 with 1853 viewsGuthrum

WRBCFC on 22:13 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

I've read on more than one occasion that Liam Rosenior was the brains at Derby when WR was there. Maybe there is something in that.

Probably true. Rosenior having got the Hull job in the Championship would suggest that, too.

When KM goes to.... on 22:45 - Dec 8 with 1821 viewsBloots

WRBCFC on 22:35 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

Probably true. Rosenior having got the Hull job in the Championship would suggest that, too.

...Forest or Palace then Rosenior would be very much towards the top of my list.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

When KM goes to.... on 22:50 - Dec 8 with 1811 viewsGuthrum

When KM goes to.... on 22:45 - Dec 8 by Bloots

...Forest or Palace then Rosenior would be very much towards the top of my list.

Indeed, he would be far from a bad selection. With an Ipswich connection having played here (albeit under Keane).

Tho who knows which candidates Ashton might have up his sleeve?

WRBCFC on 23:07 - Dec 8 with 1736 viewsronnyd

I'd hate having a 'celebrity' manager. Every report of them is "Wayne Rooney's Birmingham".
WRBCFC on 23:23 - Dec 8 with 1693 viewsPowrigan

I got ridiculed by the usual suspects on here when I said the draw was a terrible result against a poor team. Now people are starting to see what I saw.

[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 23:24]
WRBCFC on 07:41 - Dec 9 with 1413 viewsHelp

That is not going so well is it.
Bets on WR gone before new year
6th to 16th in 8 games. At this rate they will be battling Sheff Weds for bottom spot
WRBCFC on 08:22 - Dec 9 with 1367 viewsWestSussexBlue

WRBCFC on 22:08 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

His managerial record is very average, quite what Birmingham were thinking I don’t know.
He’ll be gone by Easter with them trying a Bruce type appointment to try and keep them up.
WRBCFC on 08:51 - Dec 9 with 1321 viewswkj

Lightning strikes twice for the Brummies. This is Zola part 2- got to feel for them really, fans having a manager they liked unceremoniously sacked and then replaced by something worse

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

WRBCFC on 09:13 - Dec 9 with 1277 viewsArnoldMoorhen

WRBCFC on 23:07 - Dec 8 by ronnyd

I'd hate having a 'celebrity' manager. Every report of them is "Wayne Rooney's Birmingham".

You have put the "d" in the wrong place?

Should be "I hated having a celebrity manager". Unless you have managed to suppress memories of "Roy Keane's Ipswich Town", in which case I apologise for reawakening them!
WRBCFC on 09:46 - Dec 9 with 1232 viewsGuthrum

WRBCFC on 08:22 - Dec 9 by WestSussexBlue

His managerial record is very average, quite what Birmingham were thinking I don’t know.
He’ll be gone by Easter with them trying a Bruce type appointment to try and keep them up.

What were they thinking? Publicity and marketing, at a guess. Thinking that an illustrious playing career guarantees managerial success shows a poor grasp of history.

Possibly just working on an outdated model, the one which propelled Gerrard and Lampard into high-level jobs before they were really ready (or which were beyond their skill level). Rather than the current one which is either to find some obscure technical wizard from Europe, or to poach the clever Assistant Manager from a top club.

WRBCFC on 09:54 - Dec 9 with 1221 viewsGuthrum

WRBCFC on 09:13 - Dec 9 by ArnoldMoorhen

You have put the "d" in the wrong place?

Should be "I hated having a celebrity manager". Unless you have managed to suppress memories of "Roy Keane's Ipswich Town", in which case I apologise for reawakening them!

Or just too young. Anyone under their mid 20s probably didn't really take it in at the time. Older than that if they only started going to football after leaving school.

WRBCFC on 13:47 - Dec 9 with 1093 viewsVic

WRBCFC on 23:07 - Dec 8 by ronnyd

Always happened, always will Illers.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024