Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Technology experts. Is this a good idea? 18:15 - Oct 4 with 611 viewsMattinLondon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63132831

How will it hinder innovation?
Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 18:19 - Oct 4 with 574 viewsBlueBadger

Don't worry we're still going to allow Apple to rip us off, sorry innovate, over here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-61720276

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 18:22 - Oct 4 with 560 viewsMattinLondon

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 18:19 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Don't worry we're still going to allow Apple to rip us off, sorry innovate, over here.

Yeah, I saw that but just was wondering whether the comments that it’ll hinder innovation are correct?

Edit. If the EU implement it I guess that there’s a good chance that it’ll happen here anyway.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2022 18:23]
Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 18:28 - Oct 4 with 527 viewsfactual_blue

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 18:19 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

The only innovations apple is interested in are new tax-dodging innovations.

Apple is a tax-dodging company that makes phones as a sideline.

Allegedly

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 18:45 - Oct 4 with 495 viewsvilanovablue

Apple already have usb c for the majority of their iPad and this has been coming for ages. I think a universal charger makes sense from a waste perspective. You can innovate using the USB C cable if you can be arsed.
Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 18:49 - Oct 4 with 475 viewsSwansea_Blue

About time. Almost worth moving to an EU state for. Ah…

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 19:05 - Oct 4 with 459 viewsKievthegreat

The only argument I've seen against it is potentially stifling innovation at a later point. The industry moving towards standard connectors is a good thing, but you could run the risk when USB C no longer cuts the mustard of having necessary changes stuck in government regulatory purgatory and slowing things down.

It's annoying because USB is defined by a working group of many large tech companies (including Apple) and while it is is still a minefield of specs, the connectors were all highly compatible. It's Apple's insistence on being different that's caused this regulation to occur. If they'd gone along with a agreed standard, this would have been so much simpler.
Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 19:07 - Oct 4 with 455 viewsKievthegreat

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 18:22 - Oct 4 by MattinLondon

Yeah, I saw that but just was wondering whether the comments that it’ll hinder innovation are correct?

Edit. If the EU implement it I guess that there’s a good chance that it’ll happen here anyway.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2022 18:23]

If they implement this change for the EU, they'll likely roll it out globally.
Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 19:11 - Oct 4 with 445 viewsEwan_Oozami

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 19:07 - Oct 4 by Kievthegreat

If they implement this change for the EU, they'll likely roll it out globally.

The UK will still be able to produce devices with serial and parallel ports and VGA connectors....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 19:15 - Oct 4 with 433 viewsNthQldITFC

It won't hinder innovation at all, at least not in any meaningful way. It will help to reduce the criminal waste of disposal of perfectly serviceable old cables.

Up the EU!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Technology experts. Is this a good idea? on 19:34 - Oct 4 with 396 viewsDanTheMan

TL;DR - It won't.

It's a good idea. USB-C is already powerful enough to power way more than phones and transfer incredible amounts of data. Potentially, long in the future, we may need something more powerful.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024