Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good short film on Brexit effect from the FT; surely there is no one left who… 09:11 - Oct 24 with 1294 viewsunstableblue

… thinks it was a good idea

My real concern is that the Tories in such disarray that any attempt to form a new relationship with the EU is off the table

And Labour are so desperate for power they won’t even mention the ‘B’ word in their manifesto, and yet resolving our trading relationships is probably our number 1 issue

And who is holding Boris, Farage, the ERG and the right wing press to account for vote leave misinformation??

At least there can be no one left on TWTD who thinks it was a good idea, surely?! First step own the mistake, second step admit the scale and priority of the issue, third step create a cross parliament mandate to renegotiate a lasting relationship where compromises will need to be made and little Englander tub thumping must be removed

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Good short film on Brexit effect from the FT; surely there is no one left who… on 09:15 - Oct 24 with 1256 viewsWD19

From polling last month, apparently among those expressing a preference, 54% would now vote to join the EU while only 46% would back staying out.
Those polling numbers are still not representative of the scale of the issue! on 09:24 - Oct 24 with 1236 viewsunstableblue

Good short film on Brexit effect from the FT; surely there is no one left who… on 09:15 - Oct 24 by WD19

From polling last month, apparently among those expressing a preference, 54% would now vote to join the EU while only 46% would back staying out.

Given the clear evidence should by 70% rejoining

But confirmation bias in the age of the algorithm is huge thing and people won’t give up there Brexit position

I am noting a sea change in reporting and focus though… this popped up in my feed after my earlier post:

Those polling numbers are still not representative of the scale of the issue! on 09:32 - Oct 24 with 1213 viewsDarth_Koont

Those polling numbers are still not representative of the scale of the issue! on 09:24 - Oct 24 by unstableblue

But confirmation bias in the age of the algorithm is huge thing and people won’t give up there Brexit position

I am noting a sea change in reporting and focus though… this popped up in my feed after my earlier post:

I’m a huge remainer and think we scored a massive own goal by leaving the EU and so cluelessly as well.

But it’s also true that the Brexit debate divided the country and dominated our politics to the exclusion of even more important things like the environment, like our already shonky, unbalanced economy and hollowed-out society, like stagnant wages, food insecurity, lack of affordable housing, millions of poor children and so on and so on.

Resurrecting that fight again seems an awful idea while Brexiteer extremists still make capital in the mainstream and, more importantly, no-one is really addressing the bigger underlying issues either.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good short film on Brexit effect from the FT; surely there is no one left who… on 09:39 - Oct 24 with 1176 viewsChurchman

Brexit the number one cause of the death spiral we are in. Forget pandemic or Putin. They haven’t helped but are not the primary cause.

The trouble is that the argument for leaving was basically based on hate and rhetoric, not on substance. The same people like freaky Mogg, swivel eyed Farage and co still get air time and people like three friends of mine (who are intelligent people amazingly) lap it up. They’ve dug their trench and are firmly at the bottom of it.

The next steps are blindingly obvious, but no politician dare say it or do anything about it.
Those polling numbers are still not representative of the scale of the issue! on 10:47 - Oct 24 with 1114 viewsPlums

Those polling numbers are still not representative of the scale of the issue! on 09:32 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

I’m a huge remainer and think we scored a massive own goal by leaving the EU and so cluelessly as well.

But it’s also true that the Brexit debate divided the country and dominated our politics to the exclusion of even more important things like the environment, like our already shonky, unbalanced economy and hollowed-out society, like stagnant wages, food insecurity, lack of affordable housing, millions of poor children and so on and so on.

Resurrecting that fight again seems an awful idea while Brexiteer extremists still make capital in the mainstream and, more importantly, no-one is really addressing the bigger underlying issues either.

I'm with you. Part of me also thinks those who voted for it really need to see and feel the consequences of their actions. We shouldn't seek to rejoin until that is apparent and the architects of the scam are dealt with by those they conned.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Those polling numbers are still not representative of the scale of the issue! on 10:51 - Oct 24 with 1086 viewsBlueBadger

Those polling numbers are still not representative of the scale of the issue! on 09:24 - Oct 24 by unstableblue

Banksy incoming in 5.....4.....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good short film on Brexit effect from the FT; surely there is no one left who… on 11:04 - Oct 24 with 1062 viewsEdwardStone

Sorry Mr Dunstable, I politely disagree. There are legions who still believe in Brexit

Because facts no longer matter, it is all decided by perception and opinion.

Brexit was never sold as fact, it was presented as a belief; a faith if you like.

So presenting a series of facts will not really convince the Leave supporters that they were wrong.

The situation cannot be resolved at the moment, the wound is too raw and the divisions run too deep. Everything needs to get worse before we can begin to campaign to rejoin in some form.

I think we have been hit by a series of blows, Covid, Ukraine War, Brexit and to a lesser extent the catastrophic mini-budget.

Some of these were entirely foreseeable and avoidable, others less so.

But all will continue to have a negative effect on our well-being

Good Luck one and all, choppy seas ahead
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 11:28]
PLEASE listen to this - and it’s from a Tory donor! on 15:15 - Oct 24 with 880 viewsunstableblue

Come on let’s stop feckin round and as he says, fess up the Brexit mistake, get someone with intelligence and integrity into build a new model with Europe.

Brexit was predicated on a hardcore capitalist model of low taxation, low benefit and low regulation… but it was sold as ‘getting back control’ and sovereignty…. That is not actually what the people want… they want a strong NHS, they want environmental controls…. They want a system that cares for people who can’t afford to eat

Again let’s wake up and admit the error.. own the mistake

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024