Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL officials at it again 12:39 - Oct 23 with 2051 viewsSitfcB

Cardiff defender just punched the ball clear, no penalty given, and would’ve probably been a red.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

EFL officials at it again on 13:02 - Oct 23 with 1977 viewsSitfcB

Video…

COYB

EFL officials at it again on 13:06 - Oct 23 with 1937 viewsITFC_Forever

Woolmer, Ward or Stroud?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

EFL officials at it again on 13:19 - Oct 23 with 1877 viewsSitfcB

EFL officials at it again on 13:06 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

Woolmer, Ward or Stroud?

Bond.

COYB

EFL officials at it again on 13:54 - Oct 23 with 1786 viewsTheBoyBlue

EFL officials at it again on 13:02 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Video…

Not entirely clear from that angle if it is IMHO. His hand is there, but so is his head. Without the advantage of VAR, I can understand why the ref doesn't give a penalty.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

EFL officials at it again on 15:15 - Oct 23 with 1609 viewsSwansea_Blue

EFL officials at it again on 13:54 - Oct 23 by TheBoyBlue

Not entirely clear from that angle if it is IMHO. His hand is there, but so is his head. Without the advantage of VAR, I can understand why the ref doesn't give a penalty.

Super clear. Hand above his head and 10,000 saw it clear as day.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

EFL officials at it again on 15:39 - Oct 23 with 1558 viewscbower

EFL officials at it again on 13:02 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Video…

Of course it's a pen but without video at EFL level the ref has a split second one shot at getting it right. He may have been slightly unsighted, watching where the ball was going out to (not expecting a handball with an unchallenged defender who clearly could have headed it anyway so close was his hand to his head!) Refereeing standards seem to be going down but that is a percetion skewed by TV coverage throughout the professional game in this country. Rule changes make it tougher with linesman not putting their flag up straight away for off sides and waiting for refs to make decisions even on bleedin throw ins ffs! They are human beings and make errors. Anything else and you get into the realms of questioning their integrity. It's a real tough gig. Admittedly, some like Keith Stroud like to make themselves the centre of attention.

bluescouser

EFL officials at it again on 15:54 - Oct 23 with 1504 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

EFL officials at it again on 15:39 - Oct 23 by cbower

Of course it's a pen but without video at EFL level the ref has a split second one shot at getting it right. He may have been slightly unsighted, watching where the ball was going out to (not expecting a handball with an unchallenged defender who clearly could have headed it anyway so close was his hand to his head!) Refereeing standards seem to be going down but that is a percetion skewed by TV coverage throughout the professional game in this country. Rule changes make it tougher with linesman not putting their flag up straight away for off sides and waiting for refs to make decisions even on bleedin throw ins ffs! They are human beings and make errors. Anything else and you get into the realms of questioning their integrity. It's a real tough gig. Admittedly, some like Keith Stroud like to make themselves the centre of attention.

When you are at the apex of your jump how many times is your hand in that position?

It's handball and the ref looks like he has a pretty clear view.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

EFL officials at it again on 15:58 - Oct 23 with 1490 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

WTF are you on about?! Have you watched the whole clip? The second angle clearly shows him punching the ball.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

EFL officials at it again on 16:02 - Oct 23 with 1473 viewsTheBoyBlue

EFL officials at it again on 15:58 - Oct 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

WTF are you on about?! Have you watched the whole clip? The second angle clearly shows him punching the ball.

Enlarging it does seem clearer, but the hand was so close to the head that I stand by it being understandable that the ref, in that split moment can't be 100% sure. I don't know if the ref is supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to the defending or attacking team in those circumstances though.

EFL officials at it again on 16:04 - Oct 23 with 1470 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

EFL officials at it again on 16:02 - Oct 23 by TheBoyBlue

Enlarging it does seem clearer, but the hand was so close to the head that I stand by it being understandable that the ref, in that split moment can't be 100% sure. I don't know if the ref is supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to the defending or attacking team in those circumstances though.

Well I agree with you in a split moment the ref can't be 100% sure, I was more taking issue with you saying it's "Not entirely clear". It's clear as day on the 2nd angle!

EFL officials at it again on 16:08 - Oct 23 with 1461 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is absolutely clear from the video (and from the player reaction) that it was a handball. The referee also has a clear sight of it. However, from his angle, the head was nearby so it is understandable that he might not have been clear on it. Unfortunately, the assistant didn't see it either. They are miked up and between them probably should have been able to give it. It is a good argument for VAR and why it was brought in.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EFL officials at it again on 16:10 - Oct 23 with 1451 viewsTheBoyBlue

EFL officials at it again on 16:04 - Oct 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Well I agree with you in a split moment the ref can't be 100% sure, I was more taking issue with you saying it's "Not entirely clear". It's clear as day on the 2nd angle!

I was looking at it on a smaller screen before, so apologies.

EFL officials at it again on 16:11 - Oct 23 with 1442 viewsSitfcB

Don’t be silly, ref is looking right at it and so is the lineman’s. Horrendous decision.

COYB

EFL officials at it again on 16:13 - Oct 23 with 1434 viewsSitfcB

Split moment or not ref is a lot closer that the camera is and had a clear view, I was watching the game, he was waiting for the linesman to say something and he didn’t.

COYB

EFL officials at it again on 19:14 - Oct 23 with 1254 viewsBlueBadger

Give over you massive shellfish.

Obvious as f**k.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

EFL officials at it again on 19:34 - Oct 23 with 1207 viewsSwansea_Blue

EFL officials at it again on 19:14 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

Give over you massive shellfish.

Obvious as f**k.

Very obvious. And it was in real time too. I went today and sat just about where the camera that took that clip was.

The ref had a bit of a stinker. I think he missed the red card and the 4th official had to tell him.

It was all very entertaining. Lots of very pissed, very happy locals, dejected Cardiff fans, some vile chants about Sala. Saw one 8/9 yr old kid helped out of the ground after being hit in the face with a missile (from the away end presumably, as someone was frog marched out by the stewards shortly afterwards).

And I think that was a pretty quiet one.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

EFL officials at it again on 19:55 - Oct 23 with 1148 viewsXYZ

What he said was; "Not entirely clear from that angle if it is IMHO".
EFL officials at it again on 12:46 - Oct 25 with 846 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

EFL officials at it again on 19:55 - Oct 23 by XYZ

What he said was; "Not entirely clear from that angle if it is IMHO".

Both angles were in the clip.

EFL officials at it again on 13:21 - Oct 25 with 779 viewsbraveblue

As bad as it gets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024