Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this our sticky spell? 17:00 - Nov 12 with 724 viewsVic

Could be a lot worse 🙂 but results/performances seem to have slipped a little in the last month or so.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is this our sticky spell? on 17:01 - Nov 12 with 703 viewsbelgablue

Notwithstanding the poor finishing it seemed like every ricochet landed at the feet of a Cheltenham player. Beginning to drop too many points at home

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Is this our sticky spell? on 17:06 - Nov 12 with 608 viewsChurchman

Very disappointing. Either performances have fallen away or the opposition know how to exploit our weaknesses now.

A defeat to Lincoln and today after collapsing late at Charlton? That’s not auto promotion sadly

There is time to sort it out. Keep the faith
Is this our sticky spell? on 17:08 - Nov 12 with 588 viewsbournemouthblue

It may well be, we remain incredibly wasteful, we've had 29 shots, 4 of which were on target

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is this our sticky spell? on 17:17 - Nov 12 with 556 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Is this our sticky spell? on 17:08 - Nov 12 by bournemouthblue

It may well be, we remain incredibly wasteful, we've had 29 shots, 4 of which were on target

But also 17 blocked, which indicates they were on target. I agree though, overall this season we've wasted a lot of good opportunities. Even today Edwards put in 2 perfect crosses within minutes of coming on that we couldn't convert and Davis fired so many balls across the box that just needed a touch. Are we just missing a natural finisher?

I think our real weakness is how easily we concede having taken the lead. We're doing it far too regularly at the moment and if it stays at 1-0 to us for any length of time it makes it much easier to stretch their defence and score again.
Is this our sticky spell? on 17:23 - Nov 12 with 523 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this our sticky spell? on 17:17 - Nov 12 by BudapestByBlimp

But also 17 blocked, which indicates they were on target. I agree though, overall this season we've wasted a lot of good opportunities. Even today Edwards put in 2 perfect crosses within minutes of coming on that we couldn't convert and Davis fired so many balls across the box that just needed a touch. Are we just missing a natural finisher?

I think our real weakness is how easily we concede having taken the lead. We're doing it far too regularly at the moment and if it stays at 1-0 to us for any length of time it makes it much easier to stretch their defence and score again.

If it’s on target and blocked, it’s still counted as on target. I didn’t see today but it’s frustrating to hear we were back to whipping balls across the edge of the 6 yard box and nobody was gambling. Yes, we need someone who attacks that space. Have done all season. Freddie got it right against Bracknell and I was hoping we’d learned. Seemingly not.

Edit - my bad, that’s seems to be wrong. Opta’s definitions clarifies that blocks don’t count to the total even if on target - “Shots blocked by another player, who is not the last-man, are not counted as shots on target”.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 20:31]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this our sticky spell? on 17:30 - Nov 12 with 499 viewsbournemouthblue

Is this our sticky spell? on 17:23 - Nov 12 by Swansea_Blue

If it’s on target and blocked, it’s still counted as on target. I didn’t see today but it’s frustrating to hear we were back to whipping balls across the edge of the 6 yard box and nobody was gambling. Yes, we need someone who attacks that space. Have done all season. Freddie got it right against Bracknell and I was hoping we’d learned. Seemingly not.

Edit - my bad, that’s seems to be wrong. Opta’s definitions clarifies that blocks don’t count to the total even if on target - “Shots blocked by another player, who is not the last-man, are not counted as shots on target”.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 20:31]

A fox in the box would bag a tonne for us with the amount of ball we have

Interesting to see McKenna lobbing the big lads on at the end to try and bundle the ball in

How Camara's shot stays out at the end, I will never know

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is this our sticky spell? on 17:33 - Nov 12 with 481 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

Too many "...how did we not win that" games equals "how did we not get promoted" come the end of the season. Not sure we're quite good enough yet to get automatic, too many frailties, and poor tempo for spells in too many games.
Is this our sticky spell? on 17:37 - Nov 12 with 450 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We are going in to Peterborough Wycombe Pompey with two fit CMs and one striker.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024