Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gold card eligibility 12:45 - Jan 5 with 1602 viewswoodbridge_blue

Is there a lower age limit before a Supporter can buy a Gold Card?

There's something in my mind that the Club don't issue Gold Cards for Under 18s, but I could be wrong.
Gold card eligibility on 12:46 - Jan 5 with 1586 viewsSitfcB

I think if a child is a season ticket holder and a junior blues member this gives them GC rights.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gold card eligibility on 12:53 - Jan 5 with 1549 viewspennblue

If it helps, I tried applying for one last year in the name of 'Glint', 'Eye', but it got rejected.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Gold card eligibility on 12:56 - Jan 5 with 1520 viewsCrayonKing

Gold card eligibility on 12:46 - Jan 5 by SitfcB

I think if a child is a season ticket holder and a junior blues member this gives them GC rights.

Yes, this is correct. I have gold and my son has JB and I'm able to buy tickets for both of us when they go on sale to gold card holders.
Gold card eligibility on 12:56 - Jan 5 with 1521 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Gold card eligibility on 12:46 - Jan 5 by SitfcB

Correct

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Gold card eligibility on 13:07 - Jan 5 with 1472 viewswoodbridge_blue

Gold card eligibility on 12:56 - Jan 5 by CrayonKing

Yes, this is correct. I have gold and my son has JB and I'm able to buy tickets for both of us when they go on sale to gold card holders.

My son is 16, he's a season ticket holder but not a Junior Blues member, does he qualify for Gold Card status?
Gold card eligibility on 13:10 - Jan 5 with 1452 viewsCrayonKing

Gold card eligibility on 13:07 - Jan 5 by woodbridge_blue

My son is 16, he's a season ticket holder but not a Junior Blues member, does he qualify for Gold Card status?

He'd need to buy Junior Blue membership as well to get gold card status.

On a side note it's really good value, with some free tickets and a decent goodie bag
Gold card eligibility on 13:23 - Jan 5 with 1386 viewsportmanpensioner

Gold card eligibility on 13:07 - Jan 5 by woodbridge_blue

If he’s 16 And a ticket season holder he can buy a gold card as he’s to old for junior blues
Gold card eligibility on 13:27 - Jan 5 with 1366 viewsITFC_Forever

We need to cap GC holders, or its usefulness will diminish.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Gold card eligibility on 13:30 - Jan 5 with 1358 viewsSheffordBlue

Gold card eligibility on 13:27 - Jan 5 by ITFC_Forever

I'll be surprised if they aren't looking at changing the reward scheme/priority order scheme completely for next season. Either upping the charge significantly or changing it completely

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Gold card eligibility on 13:30 - Jan 5 with 1360 viewsSitfcB

From what Ashton has said previously the whole lot as it is right now will get scrapped and a new system put in place, presumably a points system like many other teams.

COYB

Gold card eligibility on 13:46 - Jan 5 with 1295 viewsSteve_M

Especially to those who had one before last season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gold card eligibility on 14:12 - Jan 5 with 1209 viewsITFC_Forever

Gold card eligibility on 13:46 - Jan 5 by Steve_M

Especially to those who had one before last season.

I've had one for the last 20+ years (whenever it was they were brought in), and it works fine.

The trouble with introducing a new scheme, is how does the club build in historic loyalty?
Looking at past purchasing history I suppose?

You can't start everyone on a level playing field at zero, it will be carnage.

Gold card eligibility on 14:21 - Jan 5 with 1159 viewsSitfcB

Gold card eligibility on 14:12 - Jan 5 by ITFC_Forever

I've had one for the last 20+ years (whenever it was they were brought in), and it works fine.

The trouble with introducing a new scheme, is how does the club build in historic loyalty?
Looking at past purchasing history I suppose?

You can't start everyone on a level playing field at zero, it will be carnage.

Ping Ashton £100 to get a leg up.

When he spoke about it he even said something about ‘earning points’ every time your season ticket is scanned for a home game.

COYB

Gold card eligibility on 14:30 - Jan 5 with 1131 viewsVaughan8

Gold card eligibility on 13:10 - Jan 5 by CrayonKing

He'd need to buy Junior Blue membership as well to get gold card status.

On a side note it's really good value, with some free tickets and a decent goodie bag

The membership is a no brainer. Disappointed its dropped to 1 adult and 2 kids for the ticket now (instead of 2 and 2) but still value considering the membership is less than those tickets added up.

Also as you say the bags and footballs etc you get a fairly decent too.
Gold card eligibility on 15:09 - Jan 5 with 1036 viewstractorshark

Living in Sussex, I used to do more away games than home games on average but this season it's been reversed due to the increase in Gold Card members.
It's not worth me getting a season ticket due to a number of reasons (work, family commitments), so me and my sons have always been Silver Club and Junior Blue members and never had a problem.
But the increase in interest this season and the League One allocations are now making it difficult to get away tickets.
We went to Lincoln on Monday and have done a few others but we missed out on Pompey which was gutting as it's more local to us.
While I obviously want Ipswich to be successful and I love the fact there's a real buzz around the club now, it is frustrating when you can't support your club as before.
And as Monday at Lincoln proved, weight of numbers doesn't always add up to an increase in noise and atmosphere.
Hopefully we'll get out of this division and return to bigger away allocations. I was hoping to do Cambridge but that doesn't look happening and I suspect the same will apply with Bristol Rovers.
If they do change the Memberships, I hope there is still provision for those fans for which every match is an away game.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 15:09]
Gold card eligibility on 15:22 - Jan 5 with 994 viewsITFC_Forever

Gold card eligibility on 15:09 - Jan 5 by tractorshark

Living in Sussex, I used to do more away games than home games on average but this season it's been reversed due to the increase in Gold Card members.
It's not worth me getting a season ticket due to a number of reasons (work, family commitments), so me and my sons have always been Silver Club and Junior Blue members and never had a problem.
But the increase in interest this season and the League One allocations are now making it difficult to get away tickets.
We went to Lincoln on Monday and have done a few others but we missed out on Pompey which was gutting as it's more local to us.
While I obviously want Ipswich to be successful and I love the fact there's a real buzz around the club now, it is frustrating when you can't support your club as before.
And as Monday at Lincoln proved, weight of numbers doesn't always add up to an increase in noise and atmosphere.
Hopefully we'll get out of this division and return to bigger away allocations. I was hoping to do Cambridge but that doesn't look happening and I suspect the same will apply with Bristol Rovers.
If they do change the Memberships, I hope there is still provision for those fans for which every match is an away game.

I suspect you'll be fine for Brizzle Rovers.

Gold card eligibility on 16:15 - Jan 5 with 934 viewsSitfcB

Gold card eligibility on 15:09 - Jan 5 by tractorshark

You’ll be fine for Bristol Rovers but if you want to make sure I should have some sore gold card numbers for you to use.

COYB

Gold card eligibility on 16:27 - Jan 5 with 898 viewstractorshark

Gold card eligibility on 16:15 - Jan 5 by SitfcB

You’ll be fine for Bristol Rovers but if you want to make sure I should have some sore gold card numbers for you to use.

Thank you very much. That would be massively appreciated. My eldest son is in uni at Swansea so he wanted to go if we could get tickets as it's relatively close for him.
Gold card eligibility on 18:02 - Jan 5 with 806 viewsyorkshireblue

Gold card eligibility on 13:30 - Jan 5 by SitfcB

From what Ashton has said previously the whole lot as it is right now will get scrapped and a new system put in place, presumably a points system like many other teams.

I’d be surprised if we don’t have a ‘points’ system next season. But I agree, I’m finding it harder to get tickets to away games than in previous years - not bad thing for the club just rubbish at a selfish level.

My wife and in-laws are big Wednesday fans (as you can imagine… it’s fun in my house!) and after many years my in-laws gave up their season tickets recently. My FIL goes to games he other wise wouldn’t do in order to ‘get points’ to ensure he’s able to go to any promotion/play-off games later in the season.

As an aside, he and a number of others seemingly want Darren Moore sacked… although I’m not sure how widely held that view is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024