Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting situation in Melford tomorow 20:53 - Jan 8 with 3511 viewsMelford

We had the Old Bill in on Friday evening informing that on Monday there's a big Travellers' funeral at the big church on the green and there's there's been a bit of history between the two sides of the family and it may all kick off.

We're shut to the public anyway because I'm doing a wedding dinner/buffet for 48 and they've hired out the whole pub. Every other pub in the village who would normally be open is closing tomorrow on police advice.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Interesting situation in Melford tomorow on 22:29 - Jan 8 with 3121 viewsfactual_blue

There's a traveller buried in the churchyard there, IIRC. Fresh flowers every week.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Interesting situation in Melford tomorow on 21:32 - Jan 9 with 2555 viewsMelford

Interesting situation in Melford tomorow on 22:29 - Jan 8 by factual_blue

There's a traveller buried in the churchyard there, IIRC. Fresh flowers every week.

Even the Co-op shut at 4 today, when it normally shuts at 11. All the pubs shut for the day, village in lockdown effectively which is ludicrous.

Count yourself lucky.... on 21:38 - Jan 9 with 2501 viewsBloots

....I once had to shut my pub for nearly two weeks because of them.

It was chaos every other night and the rozzers didn't want to get involved.

I just gave up in the end and waited till they moved on.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Interesting situation in Melford tomorow on 21:43 - Jan 9 with 2432 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Are you sure they said wedding and not wake?

In all seriousness, I hope it goes well and there is no trouble at all for you or any of the village. It would be a real shame for anyone's special event to be marked with trouble.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Count yourself lucky.... on 22:05 - Jan 9 with 2310 viewsMelford

Count yourself lucky.... on 21:38 - Jan 9 by Bloots

I lived and worked in Colchester for a couple of years in the early 2000s, always the last week of August.

The Harvester along the road would close for the week but we would stay open. It was the one time of the year the squaddies and the townies came to an alliance.

There was some pretty shocking stuff done that I won't go into and the place was ruined by the time they moved on.

Whenever we used to go out.... on 22:11 - Jan 9 with 2248 viewsBloots

Count yourself lucky.... on 22:05 - Jan 9 by Melford

I lived and worked in Colchester for a couple of years in the early 2000s, always the last week of August.

The Harvester along the road would close for the week but we would stay open. It was the one time of the year the squaddies and the townies came to an alliance.

There was some pretty shocking stuff done that I won't go into and the place was ruined by the time they moved on.

....in Colchester as a group, the squaddies were always "lively".

In fact during the 90's you couldn't get into Laristo's unless you gave the bouncers your regiment name and number.

Bit of a problem when you weren't a squaddie!

Count yourself lucky.... on 22:36 - Jan 9 with 2124 viewsbazza

Count yourself lucky.... on 21:38 - Jan 9 by Bloots

What pub do you run bloots?
Interesting situation in Melford tomorow on 22:56 - Jan 9 with 2040 viewsCoastalblue

Way back when in the times when I was sometimes a bit of a Dave Doubledecks at the weekends I did a disco for a traveller wedding, unwittingly.

At times during the night it was carnage, total and utter carnage, but I was very well looked after, never ever felt at all threatened and they were extremely careful not to do anything near my equipment. No way on earth I would have enjoyed being a guest or a local, but I can honestly say that they were fantastic toward me.

I actually did three or four more things for them afterward off the back of it, birthday parties, an engagement I think, each time they were far more respectful to me than probably anybody else had ever been, paid me fully and promptly at the end of the night and toward me were fantastic. My own personal experience, though I have had some less savoury ones too.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

I don’t anymore…. on 22:59 - Jan 9 with 1975 viewsBloots

Count yourself lucky.... on 22:36 - Jan 9 by bazza

What pub do you run bloots?

….had one near Braintree many years ago.

Decided to get out of the trade before it totally ruined me financially.

I don’t anymore…. on 07:32 - Jan 10 with 1645 viewsLord_Lucan

I don’t anymore…. on 22:59 - Jan 9 by Bloots

Wasn’t the Bird in Hand by chance?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

No, it was the King William…. on 07:39 - Jan 10 with 1616 viewsBloots

I don’t anymore…. on 07:32 - Jan 10 by Lord_Lucan

Wasn’t the Bird in Hand by chance?

….it’s a block of flats now.

I don’t anymore…. on 13:31 - Jan 10 with 1304 viewsbazza

I don’t anymore…. on 22:59 - Jan 9 by Bloots

Yea, not the best trade for profits nowadays, unless you want to run it as a restaurant.. sad state of affairs really, I remember as a kid every pub in the town rammed for fa cup days, or just in general really, always someone you’d know in the pub as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024