Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not sure I want any more signings 07:58 - Jan 10 with 5492 viewsGavTWTD

Am I mad? I don't want to upset the team too much especially if the 4th player doesn't really want to be here.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:01 - Jan 10 with 3844 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Think the same. Three is a good number.

Perhaps another one in the last week if we are carrying a long term injury, but we've got to use the squad now.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:02 - Jan 10 with 3831 viewsDanTheMan

I somewhat agree. I'm not sure who we'd really need right now without having to start getting rid of players. We've bolstered our attacking players and now have four pretty damn good midfielders we can easily rotate.

If we ended the window as is, I'd be very happy.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:04 - Jan 10 with 3789 viewsChurchman

You may be ‘madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of this year's Mr Madman competition’ (thanks Blackadder), but I agree. I’m happy with what we’ve brought in.
I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:05 - Jan 10 with 3769 viewshomer_123

Who else???? by homer_123 9 Jan 2023 11:29
I can't say I'd be disappointed if we only signed Hirst, Luongo and Broady.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:08 - Jan 10 with 3711 viewsMetal_Hacker

Afterall they say 3 is a magic number

Very happy with the 3 we have brought in and a 4th would probably rock the boat in terms of playing time maybe

Poll: If it were one or the other

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:08 - Jan 10 with 3712 viewstextbackup

If said 4th player is a huge upgrade on what we have its mad to not want that player.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:10 - Jan 10 with 3696 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Are you talking about Whittaker?

I don't think MA and KM would recruit anyone who they didn't believe was fully on board.

If its Whittaker you're referring to, I'm sure he would switch his loyalties in a heart beat. This is football, its a fickle business.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:14 - Jan 10 with 3622 viewsjayessess

I count 22 outfield players available for selection on Saturday. That means we'll have 6 out of the matchday squad, even with 3 unavailable.

That is a BIG squad. Can't see that we want it any bigger, so any signings now would have to be for development (someone mentioned we were interested in Junior Tchamadeu?) or one in one out.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:23 - Jan 10 with 3495 viewsxrayspecs

We certainly have a full squad and will not be able to register one of our seniors - presumably Ball or Camara.

I would be open to adding to the squad if it seriously upgrades what we have.

Keogh, JD and KVY are out of contact in the summer, so a permanent CB/RB addition could be an option.
I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:23 - Jan 10 with 3474 viewsFrimleyBlue

We need 1 more. Someone to compete with Burns.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:52 - Jan 10 with 3226 viewshomer_123

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:23 - Jan 10 by FrimleyBlue

Jackson - KM likes him...end of.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:54 - Jan 10 with 3216 viewsStewart27

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:23 - Jan 10 by FrimleyBlue

I honestly think that’s Jackson.

20 more league games this season. Burns will start most of them probably. Jackson could do a WB job for a few.
I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:56 - Jan 10 with 3188 viewsBiGDonnie

Depends. If it was someone of the calibre of Broadhead for another position I'd be keen. But would be happy with the business we've done.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:10 - Jan 10 with 3031 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Just one more "wafer thin" signing? We all know how that ends...

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:14 - Jan 10 with 2991 viewstractordownsouth

I’m happy with the numbers we’ve got. There’s more than enough depth in attacking areas, we could maybe do with another body in defence if we’re being greedy but that would be a luxury.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:18 - Jan 10 with 2961 viewsipswichtillidie

I was thinking this. Would perhaps need to move someone on if we bring another attacker in. As things stand I already think Edwards / Adhame won’t be making the bench. Sign whitticker dir example and we’d need to move one out of the picture for me.
Left inside forward - Harness/Broadhead
Right inside forward Aluko/Chaplin
No9 Ladapo/Hirst

Already leaves out Jackson/Edwards. Appreciate they want cover on cover for big push but if everyone is injury free this is going to be harder to manage.

Also add in Adhame and JJ to return perhaps.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 9:20]

Gav

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:33 - Jan 10 with 2776 viewsnodge_blue

I agree. We don't have weak positions so I don't see the need to upset the current squad.

We probably need to ship out a couple before we recruit now.

Seems like Broadhead may be in line to go wide left and share that position with Harness. Harness has been a quality player for us so to go and recruit Whitaker as well and end up with three there plus Edwards seems a bit mad.

Humphreys deserves his chance more and more centre mid, so I wouldn't get Taylor either.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:35 - Jan 10 with 2755 viewsBattersea_Blue

Personally, if there's one available, I'd add an extra central defender.

I think the squad attacking wise is formidable now and can't see space for Whittaker, unless there's already some players going out that we don't know about yet. There may be deals on the table that have been waiting for us to sign Hirst and Broadhead, which can now go ahead now they've signed.

I'd be hugely surprised if there's not at least two departures, whether sold or loaned out.

I personally don't think we're good enough defensively. Some of the goals we've given away this season are down to poor defending/silly mistakes. KM is very professional in his pressers and never berates a player, which I think is the right thing. Everything negative only behind closed doors. But he knows the defensive mistakes we've made. even at this level. He's obviously building a midfield and forward line capable of potentially doing well in the Championship, why not do the same defensively?

I feel our central defence needs bolstering and be more competitive. Keogh isn't good enough now (as a player) and Edmundson has struggled recently. If there's a good championship-level central defender available I wouldn't be surprised to see MA/KM go and get him.
I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:36 - Jan 10 with 2733 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:35 - Jan 10 by Battersea_Blue

Personally, if there's one available, I'd add an extra central defender.

I think the squad attacking wise is formidable now and can't see space for Whittaker, unless there's already some players going out that we don't know about yet. There may be deals on the table that have been waiting for us to sign Hirst and Broadhead, which can now go ahead now they've signed.

I'd be hugely surprised if there's not at least two departures, whether sold or loaned out.

I personally don't think we're good enough defensively. Some of the goals we've given away this season are down to poor defending/silly mistakes. KM is very professional in his pressers and never berates a player, which I think is the right thing. Everything negative only behind closed doors. But he knows the defensive mistakes we've made. even at this level. He's obviously building a midfield and forward line capable of potentially doing well in the Championship, why not do the same defensively?

I feel our central defence needs bolstering and be more competitive. Keogh isn't good enough now (as a player) and Edmundson has struggled recently. If there's a good championship-level central defender available I wouldn't be surprised to see MA/KM go and get him.

Phil Jones;)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:45 - Jan 10 with 2671 viewspennblue

I would get in another central midfielder. Not sure about Luongo's fitness, Morsy is likely to get suspension at some point, and Evan's too may not last.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 09:49 - Jan 10 with 2612 viewsTalkingBlues

I understand what you're saying, but it's not an issue for us. The beauty of the system that McKenna has put in place, is that it is 21st century, "modular", "hot swappable" if you like. The new world of data analytics we employ doesn't rely on scouting and agents to tell us who would be good for our team, we have comprehensive data that allows the manager and recruitment team to identify impact players based on metrics and what the manager wants from a position. The idea behind it all of course, is that it allows for players to interchange ad infinitum, without loss in form as a team (the opposite in fact should be true) and anybody who has watched us this season and seen how consistent we are in our performances, regardless of the starting 11 and subs, can thank our data analytics and system/formation for that. Is it perfect at the moment? No, we can always improve, but we can only improve when we can identify players that are better than what we have on the metrics and are affordable to the club and available etc etc, you can't always get what the metrics say you need, it's a process.

*Add a magic sprinkle of man management to the equation via McK and you have a team looking for promotion
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 9:50]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 10:20 - Jan 10 with 2337 viewstextbackup

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:52 - Jan 10 by homer_123

Jackson - KM likes him...end of.

Quick question, how many times has KM played KJ in that role?

Off top of head, Burton away, rotherham home…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 10:31 - Jan 10 with 2217 viewshadleighboyblue

I'm not sure I want any more signings on 08:10 - Jan 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are you talking about Whittaker?

I don't think MA and KM would recruit anyone who they didn't believe was fully on board.

If its Whittaker you're referring to, I'm sure he would switch his loyalties in a heart beat. This is football, its a fickle business.

Agree , if he is not committed it could rock the boat , don't want that sort .....it would probably only be a loan anyway .
I'm not sure I want any more signings on 10:36 - Jan 10 with 2169 viewsitfctilidie

Personally I think we need a defender. Keogh not up to it and Edmundson too flakey. If wolf/donacien get injured then we are in trouble
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 10:37]
I'm not sure I want any more signings on 10:46 - Jan 10 with 2066 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

If we don't do any other business, I won't be too worried - but we've got scope to with Ball and Camara basically out for the season, and with Keogh not really being up to standard. If what we could bring in could really make a difference, then I'd be fine with playing around with the register of those three to accommodate, and then deal with the squad size in the summer.

Might not be the best for morale, but we've got a golden opportunity to get out of this league - sometimes you just have to be ruthless and try to mend bridges later. Keogh is probably safe due to needing cover there, but having said that, I would be pretty worried if he needed to play an extended role in the first team.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024