Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheese on a roast dinner 08:20 - Jan 23 with 1195 viewsSitfcB

Never thought of it but looks nice, and cheese goes with anything, get some gravy on the top as well! Corrrr I

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cheese on a roast dinner on 08:25 - Jan 23 with 1156 viewsChurchman

Well cheese on the mash of Cottage Pie/Shepherds Pie works so in theory it should be ok. But. I’ve thought about it and would try it, but as it stands, no. It looks wrong.
Cheese on a roast dinner on 09:28 - Jan 23 with 1062 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Which part of the overcooked mixed veg, the handful of pre-grated cheddar, or the meal that is too cold to melt it, "looks nice" to you? ;-)

I like a roast dinner. I like cheese. Personally I would save that cheese for a toastie for tea, rather than dump it on the meat, because it is cold and will take a lot of the heat from the gravy and meat.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 9:39]
Cheese on a roast dinner on 09:32 - Jan 23 with 1046 viewsclive_baker

Wouldn't grate cheese on my roast like that but I love a cauliflower cheese on my roast dinner. Any veg in a cheese sauce to be fair, leeks, broccoli. When that cheesy sauce mixes in with the gravy and roast potatoes. Ooof.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cheese on a roast dinner on 09:34 - Jan 23 with 1035 viewsJ2BLUE

Cheese on a roast dinner on 09:32 - Jan 23 by clive_baker

Wouldn't grate cheese on my roast like that but I love a cauliflower cheese on my roast dinner. Any veg in a cheese sauce to be fair, leeks, broccoli. When that cheesy sauce mixes in with the gravy and roast potatoes. Ooof.

No. Just no.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cheese on a roast dinner on 09:43 - Jan 23 with 1006 viewsDanTheMan

I wouldn't personally but if they like it then all power to them.

Looks like a fairly large amount of cheese compared to the rest of the dinner though.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Cheese on a roast dinner on 09:51 - Jan 23 with 989 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Cheese on a roast dinner on 08:25 - Jan 23 by Churchman

Well cheese on the mash of Cottage Pie/Shepherds Pie works so in theory it should be ok. But. I’ve thought about it and would try it, but as it stands, no. It looks wrong.

Cheese on top of, or in, mash has heat applied to it. The same with Cauliflower cheese.

This looks wrong because the cheese is straight from the fridge and hasn't melted at all. The gravy will be cooling rapidly and congealing, and the meat will be cold by the time you get to it.

Cheesy Mash on the side- fine. Cauliflower cheese brings something different (a good roast shouldn't need it, though). But a handful of cold cheese dumped on top is just going to clag your mouth up.
Cheese on a roast dinner on 10:02 - Jan 23 with 956 viewsSitfcB

Cheese on a roast dinner on 09:32 - Jan 23 by clive_baker

Ohhhh yesssss

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cheese on a roast dinner on 13:06 - Jan 23 with 821 viewsronnyd

Would YOU pay for that abomination?
Login to get fewer ads

Cheese on a roast dinner on 13:08 - Jan 23 with 814 viewshoppy

Cheese on a roast dinner on 09:34 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

No. Just no.

If J2 says no, on a food subject, you have to ask yourself whether you feel comfortable agreeing.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Cheese on a roast dinner on 13:13 - Jan 23 with 774 viewsclive_baker

Cheese on a roast dinner on 13:08 - Jan 23 by hoppy

If J2 says no, on a food subject, you have to ask yourself whether you feel comfortable agreeing.

I took it as validation tbh.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cheese on a roast dinner on 13:28 - Jan 23 with 732 viewsChondzoresk

No.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024