Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a demolition job this time around 09:24 - Jul 11 with 2790 viewsRobTheMonk

Yeah, we need 3-4 players, but I fully expect it to take a little more time than when we were having to replace 6 loans and loads of out of contract players.

We're on the back of an incredible run of form and the only player we've really lost is Hirst (TJJ was injured for that period).

I think we got spoilt a little in January where we had 4 quality players come in.

Just have a bit of patience and we'll see what happens.

Not a demolition job this time around on 09:40 - Jul 11 with 2450 viewsLeoMuff

Think strikers the key, we can’t go into the season with just Ladapo, everywhere else feels reasonably covered.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Not a demolition job this time around on 09:42 - Jul 11 with 2443 viewswrightsrightglove

I think this is most rational people’s point of view. We’ve brought in one player who has been high up our list for a long time, we’ve freed up one more space by bringing in a young third choice keeper and we’re going to have to be patient for the next 3/4 signings. Fully expect an experienced LCB and a striker to be signed in the next couple of weeks and then an additional striker and RW to come in later in the window, possibly on loan.
Not a demolition job this time around on 09:45 - Jul 11 with 2423 viewsBiGDonnie

Lot of people sh*tting themselves but we've still got Chappers, Bhead, Ladapo and Burns who all contributed how many goals?

We'll be fine.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Not a demolition job this time around on 10:44 - Jul 11 with 2268 viewsScuzzer

Not a demolition job this time around on 09:40 - Jul 11 by LeoMuff

Think strikers the key, we can’t go into the season with just Ladapo, everywhere else feels reasonably covered.

I'm with you. Just need a good striker or two to add cover.
Expecting a top half finish with the squad we have but with some more weight up front I expect more...playoffs.

Established 1968

Not a demolition job this time around on 11:03 - Jul 11 with 2189 viewsArnieM

Another striker and a decent CB with championship experience is required . Neither box is proven at Championship level and as we are atm I feel we will be found out. New bodies in through the door needed.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Not a demolition job this time around on 11:32 - Jul 11 with 2082 viewsthe_toff

There probably isn’t a single club that is ‘ready’ for next season. Relatively speaking we’re in a good spot across every position other than up front. We’re just a striker or 2 short.
Not a demolition job this time around on 11:33 - Jul 11 with 2095 viewsBigCommon

Not a demolition job this time around on 09:45 - Jul 11 by BiGDonnie

Lot of people sh*tting themselves but we've still got Chappers, Bhead, Ladapo and Burns who all contributed how many goals?

We'll be fine.

Yeah, there's loads of goals already in the squad. A team that scored 101 league goals last season, isn't going to suddenly stop scoring. Plus we've probably added a few more goals from midfield, in Taylor. But we do need another front man, just to keep things fresh and keep the energy levels up, in that area of the pitch..
I would like Hirst back here, tbf. Would make a much more seamless addition to the squad. Any brand new faces, will inevitably take a bit of time to settle in. As Hirst, himself did. Initially.
Not a demolition job this time around on 11:38 - Jul 11 with 2072 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Not a demolition job this time around on 11:03 - Jul 11 by ArnieM

Another striker and a decent CB with championship experience is required . Neither box is proven at Championship level and as we are atm I feel we will be found out. New bodies in through the door needed.

Yes, im with you there at least one more striker,probably 2 and we really do need an experienced championship defender. We are going to get found out pretty quickly otherwise.
Login to get fewer ads

Not a demolition job this time around on 12:15 - Jul 11 with 1971 viewsitfcsuth

This a very settled, strong group of players with strong momentum and an understanding of the managers requirements.

This group also scored over 100 goals last season which is absolutely ridiculous.

There is no need to make huge changes, and with us only requiring a couple of additions, that spread across a few months of an off season will seem like our business is 'slow'.

CB - I like the Craig Cathcart link - that would seem sensible business to me
ST - Hirst, Scarlett, Jebbison, Stansfield, Surridge all attractive options.

Not really seeing much by way of more proven strikers in the market to be honest.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2023 12:15]
Not a demolition job this time around on 12:30 - Jul 11 with 1916 viewsIllinoisblue

Not a demolition job this time around on 09:40 - Jul 11 by LeoMuff

Was looking at Ladapo’s career stats: a goal every 3 games over a 400-game career. True most of those games in league one, but he knows where the net is.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not a demolition job this time around on 12:58 - Jul 11 with 1824 viewsArnieM

Not a demolition job this time around on 12:30 - Jul 11 by Illinoisblue

Was looking at Ladapo’s career stats: a goal every 3 games over a 400-game career. True most of those games in league one, but he knows where the net is.

He’s a bit of a gif in the box isn’t he. I don’t think our front three are as fluid when he’s the number 9, compared to when Hirst is in there. Would Freddie score goals in championship? I’m not sure. Bug then nor does Hirst it seems. Who out the pair of them is technically better suited to championship? I’d say Hirst . Time will see if we are in for him still. It wouldn’t surprise me though see Freddie leave if we get strikers in .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:06 - Jul 11 with 1790 viewsDyland

Not a demolition job this time around on 12:58 - Jul 11 by ArnieM

He’s a bit of a gif in the box isn’t he. I don’t think our front three are as fluid when he’s the number 9, compared to when Hirst is in there. Would Freddie score goals in championship? I’m not sure. Bug then nor does Hirst it seems. Who out the pair of them is technically better suited to championship? I’d say Hirst . Time will see if we are in for him still. It wouldn’t surprise me though see Freddie leave if we get strikers in .

Hirst has a higher ceiling than Ladders. However, Ladders has been more successful in Champ, non? Not that either have played much in it.

I think people are a bit harsh on Freddie tbh, he knows where the net is and will score in the Champ given chances. Saying that, after Hirst settled in here he looked seriously good and maybe finally fulfilling his early promise.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:07 - Jul 11 with 1788 viewsReusersTown

Not a demolition job this time around on 09:45 - Jul 11 by BiGDonnie

We'll be fine.

It's just the kids s*itting themselves I think. Seems they just want another demolition job for the sake of it to keep them entertained. Modern football innit.
Not a demolition job this time around on 13:10 - Jul 11 with 1770 viewsReusersTown

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:06 - Jul 11 by Dyland

Hirst has a higher ceiling than Ladders. However, Ladders has been more successful in Champ, non? Not that either have played much in it.

I think people are a bit harsh on Freddie tbh, he knows where the net is and will score in the Champ given chances. Saying that, after Hirst settled in here he looked seriously good and maybe finally fulfilling his early promise.

Not only will score, has scored a few in the Championship already last time out.
Not a demolition job this time around on 13:16 - Jul 11 with 1729 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:07 - Jul 11 by ReusersTown

It's just the kids s*itting themselves I think. Seems they just want another demolition job for the sake of it to keep them entertained. Modern football innit.

We got promoted, we had an excellent season so who would want a 'demolition job'? Who???
Not a demolition job this time around on 13:17 - Jul 11 with 1711 viewshype313

Not a demolition job this time around on 11:32 - Jul 11 by the_toff

There probably isn’t a single club that is ‘ready’ for next season. Relatively speaking we’re in a good spot across every position other than up front. We’re just a striker or 2 short.

Yep, think 90% of clubs across all divisions are light in certain departments, we're not unique in that.

Clearly we need another body up top, and I've no doubt we will get 1-2, but it's a waiting game as other clubs need to do some shuffling.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:19 - Jul 11 with 1709 viewsBiGDonnie

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:07 - Jul 11 by ReusersTown

Yup. Not surprised to see Dimley, the village idiot downvote my post.

COYBs

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:20 - Jul 11 with 1702 viewsBiGDonnie

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:16 - Jul 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

We got promoted, we had an excellent season so who would want a 'demolition job'? Who???

Judging by posts on here, a number of people.

COYBs

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:26 - Jul 11 with 1658 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:20 - Jul 11 by BiGDonnie

Judging by posts on here, a number of people.

People wanting some extra additions to the squad doesn't mean they want a demolition job.

We have no slobs or parasites in the dressing room like we did prior to the Demolition Job back in 2021.
Not a demolition job this time around on 13:30 - Jul 11 with 1639 viewsBiGDonnie

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:26 - Jul 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

People wanting some extra additions to the squad doesn't mean they want a demolition job.

We have no slobs or parasites in the dressing room like we did prior to the Demolition Job back in 2021.

Striker, attacking midfielder and a left sided CB I'd be happy with.

COYBs

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:44 - Jul 11 with 1579 viewswrightsrightglove

Not a demolition job this time around on 12:58 - Jul 11 by ArnieM

Can’t see Freddie leaving this summer no matter what happens. Even if we bring in 2 new strikers, we really need to hit the ground running and Freddie is someone who’s already up to speed on how we play and has experience in the championship. If he’s third choice and not getting much of a look in by January then he may move on but I just can’t see it before then.
Not a demolition job this time around on 13:55 - Jul 11 with 1525 viewsLeoMuff

Not a demolition job this time around on 12:30 - Jul 11 by Illinoisblue

Don’t get me wrong I like Freddie, but if he gets injured we are screwed. I’m not not sure he is quite good enough for where our ambitions lie eg pushing for promotion or play offs, but very decent back up.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Not a demolition job this time around on 14:04 - Jul 11 with 1488 viewsBigCommon

Not a demolition job this time around on 13:30 - Jul 11 by BiGDonnie

Striker, attacking midfielder and a left sided CB I'd be happy with.

Do we really need another CB?
I know it's something all the kids and podcasters are mentioning. But we had the best defence in the division last season, setting a club clean sheet record in the process. Woolfy, Burgess and Walton have a good understanding, with Morsy dropping in the hole in front, too, to help when playing out from the back.. We strengthened the defence with Leif and Clarke last season, to the tune of a few quid.. On top of that, in one of his interviews Ole Gunner was quoted as saying that KM was "the" best defensive coach he's ever worked with..
Personally don't think a CB is an absolute priority. Others may disagree...
We are always going to be vulnerable to a quick counter, the way we push up on the flanks and often play on the front foot. And I know Burgess is deemed as being "vulnerable" to being ran at by a tricky forward. But in all honesty, cant think of a Championship CB who isnt..
Not a demolition job this time around on 14:50 - Jul 11 with 1431 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Not a demolition job this time around on 14:04 - Jul 11 by BigCommon

I know it's something all the kids and podcasters are mentioning. But we had the best defence in the division last season, setting a club clean sheet record in the process. Woolfy, Burgess and Walton have a good understanding, with Morsy dropping in the hole in front, too, to help when playing out from the back.. We strengthened the defence with Leif and Clarke last season, to the tune of a few quid.. On top of that, in one of his interviews Ole Gunner was quoted as saying that KM was "the" best defensive coach he's ever worked with..
We are always going to be vulnerable to a quick counter, the way we push up on the flanks and often play on the front foot. And I know Burgess is deemed as being "vulnerable" to being ran at by a tricky forward. But in all honesty, cant think of a Championship CB who isnt..

In 3 words, yes we do.
Not a demolition job this time around on 14:57 - Jul 11 with 1414 viewsjayessess

Not a demolition job this time around on 14:04 - Jul 11 by BigCommon

With Keogh gone we're still one short, even if Burgess is being lined up as first choice next season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024