Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke 21:35 - Sep 11 with 1618 viewsReus30

I would imagine that Clarke would be grateful for the break to rest up but is anyone a bit worried about the fact the club have said they are managing an Achilles issue?

I was always under the impression that if that goes pop, it's a long term injury with potentially career threatening implications. In the games we have played, we have seen him ever so slightly off the pace which I imagine is because of the injury.

Anyone done one before?
Clarke on 22:11 - Sep 11 with 1503 viewsjayessess

Would be extremely surprised if we were making Clarke play through an injury knowing there was a plausible chance it would do him long term damage.

We spent most of pre-season and both Carabao games giving Dom Ball time there and since the last week of August we've had Williams available too. No way we'd risk a long term asset we paid a significant fee for, rather than make do with the alternatives.

From what I've read of his injury it genuinely just seems to be something that's usually treated with physio and other non-surgical interventions.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 22:17]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Clarke on 07:47 - Sep 12 with 1209 viewsRobTheMonk

Obviously I'm not an elite sportsman, but I jarred mine about a month back to the point I thought it was a bad one as couldn't run on it at all.

About a month off and it's okay to play on, but takes a little while to warm it up so-to-speak and the next day it's very sore. I have to do lots of stretches and get Madge to give me a rub (not like that!) which helps a lot.

But then I am about 15 years older than Clarke lol.
Clarke on 12:44 - Sep 12 with 967 viewsitfc_bucks

I['ve had achilles tendonitis since I was in my mid teens.

I've tried everything, but the best solution has been good orthotics and managing load.

Nothing has or can cure it.
Clarke on 14:52 - Sep 12 with 863 viewsWickets

I played with this injury for a good part of a season in non league football many many years ago . Best i can discribe it is its like playing with intense toothache in your heel , i used to have a thick piece of wedge shaped rubber in my boot, that was helpful .
Clarke on 15:22 - Sep 12 with 819 viewsKeno

Clarke on 07:47 - Sep 12 by RobTheMonk

Obviously I'm not an elite sportsman, but I jarred mine about a month back to the point I thought it was a bad one as couldn't run on it at all.

About a month off and it's okay to play on, but takes a little while to warm it up so-to-speak and the next day it's very sore. I have to do lots of stretches and get Madge to give me a rub (not like that!) which helps a lot.

"Obviously I'm not an elite sportsman"

well thats a statement from you that has surprised me and I'm sure many others

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Clarke on 16:02 - Sep 12 with 778 viewsfarkenhell

Clarke on 15:22 - Sep 12 by Keno

"Obviously I'm not an elite sportsman"

well thats a statement from you that has surprised me and I'm sure many others

Exactly, I always thought that Harold, the fat teetotal vegetarian, was the personification of elite sportsman.
Clarke on 17:32 - Sep 12 with 682 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Clarke on 07:47 - Sep 12 by RobTheMonk

.......And if your profile picture is indicative, about 6 stone heavier.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Clarke on 17:34 - Sep 12 with 671 viewsnick141

Clarke on 14:52 - Sep 12 by Wickets

I played with this injury for a good part of a season in non league football many many years ago . Best i can discribe it is its like playing with intense toothache in your heel , i used to have a thick piece of wedge shaped rubber in my boot, that was helpful .

Hello mate, have you ever tried shockwave therapy? I had achilles problem for two years (twice!) and it fixed me up both times. I just regretted taking so long the second time! It's been the only effective thing for me
Login to get fewer ads

Clarke on 17:38 - Sep 12 with 663 viewsfarkenhell

Clarke on 17:32 - Sep 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

.......And if your profile picture is indicative, about 6 stone heavier.

How dare you! Harold Bishop is Australia's answer to Gazza in his prime. It's all muscle.

Or perhaps it was Jimmy Five-Bellies I was thinking of...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024