Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travis at RB on Saturday? 06:46 - Feb 21 with 2016 viewstomo

Assuming Clarke is out and given Tuanzebe’s performance last night I would be tempted to go with Travis at RB, I am sure I read that he could play there when he signed.
Travis at RB on Saturday? on 07:13 - Feb 21 with 1940 viewsMattinLondon

Travis is a good player but I think he lacks the dynamism needed to play to our style. I think he’s too slow.
[Post edited 21 Feb 7:42]
Travis at RB on Saturday? on 07:28 - Feb 21 with 1884 viewsitfc_bucks

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 07:13 - Feb 21 by MattinLondon

Travis is a good player but I think he lacks the dynamism needed to play to our style. I think he’s too slow.

Trouble is, we're rather short on other options.

Could Wes do it, with Omari in front?
Travis at RB on Saturday? on 07:37 - Feb 21 with 1847 viewstractorboy1978

I'd put him in the same bracket as Edmundson. He doesn't really put a foot wrong but we are just better with Burgess/Luongo in the team.
Travis at RB on Saturday? on 07:52 - Feb 21 with 1782 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’d expect to see Tuanzebe moved on in the summer whatever league we are in. Not sure if it’s just a lack of confidence, but he’s put in some very poor performances. His first touch last night just left me questioning how he ever played for United. He was well worth a punt on a short-term contract, but I don’t think he’s lived up to expectation.
Travis at RB on Saturday? on 08:05 - Feb 21 with 1706 viewsGlasgowBlue

Or, and I know I keep banging this drum, revert to three at the back Fridge/Woolfenden/Burgess and play Burns and Davis as wing backs. Its not a system that is unfamiliar to KM.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 08:28 - Feb 21 with 1617 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 07:28 - Feb 21 by itfc_bucks

Trouble is, we're rather short on other options.

Could Wes do it, with Omari in front?

If we absolutely had to, i think we would do this. Burns could do the defensive job well enough without losing the attacking side.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 08:29 - Feb 21 with 1607 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Agree. I think he suits a team that are happier without the ball, rather than having to be responsible with the ball in the build up. I think it's why he was out of the team at Blackburn - their manager wanted to play through the thirds and he wasn't deemed good enough there.

Fantastic ball winner, strong into a tackle (though probably got lucky on one yesterday where he just missed making serious contact) and he can retain the ball, but on the flip slide, lacks dynamism to move it quicker and probably not up to the level required on the ball.

He's more of an upgrade on Ball, but there's not really much to split the two. They're both not suited to our style, but would do a steady and reliable job for your lower half teams in this league.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 08:34 - Feb 21 with 1554 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Tuanzabee will be fine. He’s bound to be rusty he’s hardly played.

If you’re going on last night, I’d be far more concerned about Wolf personally.

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 08:49 - Feb 21 with 1477 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 07:52 - Feb 21 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I’d expect to see Tuanzebe moved on in the summer whatever league we are in. Not sure if it’s just a lack of confidence, but he’s put in some very poor performances. His first touch last night just left me questioning how he ever played for United. He was well worth a punt on a short-term contract, but I don’t think he’s lived up to expectation.

btw, it looks like Frimmers might have called this one right. He got a lot of stick for it, too ...

I agree, he was well worth a punt. However, long term injuries can be so brutal, especially on those elusive things that are difficult to see like confidence.
Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:01 - Feb 21 with 1401 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 08:49 - Feb 21 by CBMTOBWMMBG

btw, it looks like Frimmers might have called this one right. He got a lot of stick for it, too ...

I agree, he was well worth a punt. However, long term injuries can be so brutal, especially on those elusive things that are difficult to see like confidence.

“it looks like Frimmers might have called this one right. He got a lot of stick for it, too ...”

A broken clock etc….
Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:02 - Feb 21 with 1387 viewsBiGDonnie

Williams to make a sensational, goal scoring return on Saturday.

Heard it here first.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:04 - Feb 21 with 1381 viewsSteve_M

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:01 - Feb 21 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“it looks like Frimmers might have called this one right. He got a lot of stick for it, too ...”

A broken clock etc….

TBF to him, it's also a lot harder to play well in the odd match every couple of weeks rather than getting into a rhythm. Up until the Leeds match I thought we had bedded him in fairly well but he's been poor since then, except for maybe at Stoke.

Not sure I would judge anyone too much on last night though, an off one all round.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:20 - Feb 21 with 1301 viewsGuthrum

The most logical emergency alternatives to maintain our system if we're not going to use Tuanzebe is either Jackson at RB or put Burns back there (it's where he started with us) with Jackson/Hutchinson ahead of him.

Travis is beginning to develop the attacking instincts, but is not yet fluent enough for such a vital role.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:24 - Feb 21 with 1240 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:20 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

The most logical emergency alternatives to maintain our system if we're not going to use Tuanzebe is either Jackson at RB or put Burns back there (it's where he started with us) with Jackson/Hutchinson ahead of him.

Travis is beginning to develop the attacking instincts, but is not yet fluent enough for such a vital role.

Jackson at RB….sorry that’s bonkers.

I can see the argument for Burns, but just play Tuanzabee. I can’t believe the grief he’s getting over last night. Presumably Fridge is coming in for Wolf on that basis?

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:30 - Feb 21 with 1206 viewsDeano69

Possibly Dom Ball at RB

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:31 - Feb 21 with 1191 viewsGuthrum

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:24 - Feb 21 by southnorfolkblue

Jackson at RB….sorry that’s bonkers.

I can see the argument for Burns, but just play Tuanzabee. I can’t believe the grief he’s getting over last night. Presumably Fridge is coming in for Wolf on that basis?

Yes, Jackson. He's pretty good defensively (last night's hardly-a-penalty notwithstanding), tall and strong, also having the speed and aggressive instincts to get forward in attack.

I'm not suggesting discarding Tuanzebe (nor do I think McKenna will), but it seems to be the general scenario of this thread.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:59 - Feb 21 with 1088 viewstextbackup

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:20 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

Jackson 😂😂😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 10:14 - Feb 21 with 1046 viewsKev_W

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:04 - Feb 21 by Steve_M

TBF to him, it's also a lot harder to play well in the odd match every couple of weeks rather than getting into a rhythm. Up until the Leeds match I thought we had bedded him in fairly well but he's been poor since then, except for maybe at Stoke.

Not sure I would judge anyone too much on last night though, an off one all round.

That's spot on. A run of games helps players arriving in a settled squad without benefits of pre season. Tuanzebe and Travis are both assets to this squad.Hard to see how Tuanzebe gets that run of games he needs to improve match fitness and confidence unless in the short term he fills in for Clarke at RB.

I’d expect Travis to become increasingly in tune with our systems and play a part in most games rotating with Luongo and filling in for Morsy.
Travis at RB on Saturday? on 10:30 - Feb 21 with 994 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Travis at RB on Saturday? on 09:31 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

Yes, Jackson. He's pretty good defensively (last night's hardly-a-penalty notwithstanding), tall and strong, also having the speed and aggressive instincts to get forward in attack.

I'm not suggesting discarding Tuanzebe (nor do I think McKenna will), but it seems to be the general scenario of this thread.

May be the general scenario of this thread is wrong…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024