Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Best's Contact 15:11 - Jan 26 with 4703 viewsMartus

So if he wont be selected for the first team till the end of the season and we have him till the end of the season ........ why is he still under contract?

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Leon Best's Contact on 15:12 - Jan 26 with 4685 viewstaximan

why would he not be under contract ?
Leon Best's Contact on 15:14 - Jan 26 with 4674 viewsNo32

Anyone know what he has done to get the silent treatment?!
Leon Best's Contact on 15:17 - Jan 26 with 4640 viewsRadlett_blue

Leon Best's Contact on 15:14 - Jan 26 by No32

He refused to wash Mick's car.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Leon Best's Contact on 15:25 - Jan 26 with 4576 viewsMartus

Leon Best's Contact on 15:12 - Jan 26 by taximan

why would he not be under contract ?

Well if he will not be selected .... why do we have him on our pay roll?

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Leon Best's Contact on 15:26 - Jan 26 with 4569 viewsTollycobbold

Did you not watch the Lincoln game?
Leon Best's Contact on 15:27 - Jan 26 with 4552 viewstaximan

Leon Best's Contact on 15:25 - Jan 26 by Martus

Well if he will not be selected .... why do we have him on our pay roll?

because he is under contract

it is not his decision to not be selected
Leon Best's Contact on 15:28 - Jan 26 with 4540 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

He knows he'll struggle to get a similar wage if he were to leave. Also, he's probably too lazy to go out and have to find himself a new club.

If it was me, I'd take the pay off and be desperately trying to get myself a new club asap... But if we're paying him that well he's got no incentive if he is money driven.

Maybe I'm being a bit naiive but maybe Mick said it to alert clubs he is available and we will settle his contract once he has found another club.
Leon Best's Contact on 16:08 - Jan 26 with 4393 viewsMattinLondon

I've heard that no only did he want the ball to his feet but he also wanted some service from the central midfielders.
Login to get fewer ads

Leon Best's Contact on 16:13 - Jan 26 with 4353 viewsBent_double

Leon Best's Contact on 16:08 - Jan 26 by MattinLondon

I've heard that no only did he want the ball to his feet but he also wanted some service from the central midfielders.

Outragious! Best off without him then.......literally.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Leon Best's Contact on 16:18 - Jan 26 with 4324 viewsMaySixth

Mouthing off when subbed at Lincoln wouldn't of helped him

Heard he was a bit poisonous before we signed him but as needs must then I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt

The great thing about MM is he won't suffer bad apples in the dressing room unlike Jewell

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Leon Best's Contact on 16:24 - Jan 26 with 4283 viewsbournemouthblue

For me, we should be looking to offer him as part of whatever deals we are making

Rotherham for example got some performance out of him last year, send him their way as part of the Ward deal?

Barnsley too seem determined to sell all their stars, he could go there even as simply a squad player?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Leon Best's Contact on 16:24 - Jan 26 with 4282 viewsMattinLondon

Leon Best's Contact on 16:18 - Jan 26 by MaySixth

Heard he was a bit poisonous before we signed him but as needs must then I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt

The great thing about MM is he won't suffer bad apples in the dressing room unlike Jewell

If he was indeed poisonous then I wonder why MM signed him in the first place? I'm pretty sure the footballing world is quite small and so Best's attitude would have been known about beforehand. I'm guessing MM thought that Best could change.
Leon Best's Contact on 16:26 - Jan 26 with 4249 viewsMaySixth

Leon Best's Contact on 16:24 - Jan 26 by MattinLondon

If he was indeed poisonous then I wonder why MM signed him in the first place? I'm pretty sure the footballing world is quite small and so Best's attitude would have been known about beforehand. I'm guessing MM thought that Best could change.

We needed a body on the cheap and I think MM thought he could mend damaged goods.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Leon Best's Contact on 16:28 - Jan 26 with 4237 viewsrickw

I reckon we'll try to loan him out to get some of his wages paid for us, then if nobody will take him we'll settle his contract

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Leon Best's Contact on 16:58 - Jan 26 with 4120 viewsThe_Last_Baron

His dress sense for his appearance at a press conference when he signed should have set the alarm bells ringing. There are certain standards which should be adhered to and the manager should have had a word and told him to smarten himself up.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Leon Best's Contact on 17:25 - Jan 26 with 4049 viewsMark

The usual process is to say a player is made available for transfer. It is unusual to effectively say he will not play again, but seems to be staying at the club.

Best was always a gamble, but it is disappointing he has flopped so badly here when Warnock managed to get the best out of him and Ward at Rotherham last year.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/leon-best-of-rotherham-united-celebrates-wit
Leon Best's Contact on 17:37 - Jan 26 with 4003 viewsDolly2.0

Who were the bad apples in Jewell's dressing room?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Leon Best's Contact on 17:38 - Jan 26 with 3995 viewsbournemouthblue

Leon Best's Contact on 17:25 - Jan 26 by Mark

The usual process is to say a player is made available for transfer. It is unusual to effectively say he will not play again, but seems to be staying at the club.

Best was always a gamble, but it is disappointing he has flopped so badly here when Warnock managed to get the best out of him and Ward at Rotherham last year.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/leon-best-of-rotherham-united-celebrates-wit

Agreed, perhaps he should be calling up his old mate Warnock?

Best should have gone far further in his career, he really needed some stability some where

Rotherham would have been a good move for him

I feel for him though, MM has failed to utilise him properly

The last game at Lincoln was awful, the ball was launched over his head continously, no support or runners around him. It was a tactical disaster!

Leon Best's Contact on 18:30 - Jan 26 with 3860 viewsradiogaga

Leon Best's Contact on 16:28 - Jan 26 by rickw

I reckon we'll try to loan him out to get some of his wages paid for us, then if nobody will take him we'll settle his contract

That would be my presumption too. It would make sense, even if not signing Leon Best in the first place would have made even more.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Leon Best's Contact on 18:37 - Jan 26 with 3821 viewsradiogaga

Leon Best's Contact on 16:58 - Jan 26 by The_Last_Baron

His dress sense for his appearance at a press conference when he signed should have set the alarm bells ringing. There are certain standards which should be adhered to and the manager should have had a word and told him to smarten himself up.

Based on how Chopra, Martin & JET were eventually forced out by MM as soon as he had a chance to get better players/ characters in on wages far more reflective of their ability, I suspect they were culprits.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 18:38]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Leon Best's Contact on 19:04 - Jan 26 with 3715 viewsJ2BLUE

Look for him to be released Monday or Tuesday if there are no offers. As far as I know you can't sign for another club if released once the deadline has been passed. MM is usually very good in this type of situation, allowing the player to find another club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Leon Best's Contact on 23:37 - Jan 26 with 3492 viewsbournemouthblue

Leon Best's Contact on 18:37 - Jan 26 by radiogaga

Based on how Chopra, Martin & JET were eventually forced out by MM as soon as he had a chance to get better players/ characters in on wages far more reflective of their ability, I suspect they were culprits.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 18:38]

First impressions are always important

Not every player fits a club, he has fitted many clubs let's be honest but he seemed to have found one in Rotherham

If we get Ward, perhaps they should take him back or Warnock gives him another go?

There's something in Best that a lot of managers have liked the look of even if they have managed to get much out of him

Leon Best's Contact on 01:17 - Jan 27 with 3421 viewsHARRY10

Leon Best's Contact on 19:04 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

Look for him to be released Monday or Tuesday if there are no offers. As far as I know you can't sign for another club if released once the deadline has been passed. MM is usually very good in this type of situation, allowing the player to find another club.

"MM is usually very good in this type of situation"

Maybe because he has had so much practice,

given the amount of crud he has signed
Leon Best's Contact on 01:22 - Jan 27 with 3414 viewsIpswichIrish

Leon Best's Contact on 01:17 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

"MM is usually very good in this type of situation"

Maybe because he has had so much practice,

given the amount of crud he has signed

To be fair I'm a fan of MM but I don't get the Hugill bid. We could go for a natural finsher who would cost £2m tops, Adam Rooney, Jason Cummings, Louis Moult, etc from Scotland, all better than Hugill. I cannot for the life of me understand why Mick never signed Daryl Horgan who will play for Preston against us the weekend, quality little player
Leon Best's Contact on 04:42 - Jan 27 with 3345 viewsBenters

Yes and another thing MM is good at is after a poor performance he doesnt rip the players a new one,you know like that nasty Fergie used too..

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024