Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane and MM 22:21 - Apr 10 with 5247 viewsHipsterectomy

I was living in America at the time Keane was sacked but I seem to remember in his last game he got aggressive and had a massive rant at supporters at PR? If that is the case, and likely contributed to his sacking, how can MM get away with threatening fans (he said something about fans wearing a drink if they criticised him to his face), saying he will go against fans etc.

He has clearly lost the fans, done worse than Keane ink terms of this season and attacks fans yet we still can't get rid of the tw@

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Keane and MM on 13:17 - Apr 11 with 1381 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 12:58 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

Roy Keane was our manager for 72 league games - 90 points - 1.25ppg
Paul Jewell was our manager for 80 league games - 102 points - 1.28ppg

Mick since start of last season 87 league games - 118 points - 1.36ppg

EDIT - in last 18 months from 11th October 2015
Mick - 77 league games - 103 points - 1.34ppg

[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 13:02]

What about from last January? That was probably the pool.
Keane and MM on 13:25 - Apr 11 with 1373 viewsLankHenners

Keane and MM on 13:17 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

You can't just cherry pick a time frame to try and justify something that isn't true.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Keane and MM on 13:28 - Apr 11 with 1356 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 13:25 - Apr 11 by LankHenners

You can't just cherry pick a time frame to try and justify something that isn't true.

I'm not, someone else picked the time-frame.
Keane and MM on 13:33 - Apr 11 with 1349 viewsLankHenners

The notion that Mick has 'had a go at' or 'blamed' the fans for anything is one of the most truly bizarre myths that shall be spread about Mick's time at the club, if not in Town's managerial history.

It's perpetuated by insecure, hideously self-righteous 'look how much we care' knuckle-draggers who can't accept that fact that booing and shouting unwarranted abuse during the match is not particularly helpful.

As for the specific case of Douglas at QPR, it's been said by more than one player that things like that affect them and they don't find it helpful or productive (the opposite if anything), but the aforementioned Neanderthals refuse to believe it, instead ruggedly insisting that they are in the right, because they just 'care' that much more than the 'happy clappers'.

Keane and MM on 13:36 - Apr 11 with 1341 viewsPJH

Keane and MM on 13:33 - Apr 11 by LankHenners

The notion that Mick has 'had a go at' or 'blamed' the fans for anything is one of the most truly bizarre myths that shall be spread about Mick's time at the club, if not in Town's managerial history.

It's perpetuated by insecure, hideously self-righteous 'look how much we care' knuckle-draggers who can't accept that fact that booing and shouting unwarranted abuse during the match is not particularly helpful.

As for the specific case of Douglas at QPR, it's been said by more than one player that things like that affect them and they don't find it helpful or productive (the opposite if anything), but the aforementioned Neanderthals refuse to believe it, instead ruggedly insisting that they are in the right, because they just 'care' that much more than the 'happy clappers'.

Now you will get a downvote from Benters.
So will I but 90% of the downvotes that I get are from Benters.
Keane and MM on 13:36 - Apr 11 with 1338 viewsClausThomsen

What does "wear a drink" mean then Mr Intellectual Heavyweight?
Keane and MM on 13:39 - Apr 11 with 1330 viewsLankHenners

Keane and MM on 13:36 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

What does "wear a drink" mean then Mr Intellectual Heavyweight?

It means if Mick was in a pub and someone came up to him and started screaming 'you're a c*nt' in his face, as was what happened at the end of the match, he might be inclined to pour his drink over him, which is more than fair game.

Keane and MM on 13:44 - Apr 11 with 1309 viewsNo9

You have posted something here which makes me wonder if you have ever listened to what MM has said in pre & post mtch interviews?
Login to get fewer ads

Keane and MM on 13:47 - Apr 11 with 1294 viewsLankHenners

Keane and MM on 13:44 - Apr 11 by No9

You have posted something here which makes me wonder if you have ever listened to what MM has said in pre & post mtch interviews?

Yes, I listened, read, digested the information and saw it in the context it was intended, rather than just selectively quote Mick, take it out of context, and then exaggerate/make things up to try and justify the abuse that goes his way.

Keane and MM on 14:08 - Apr 11 with 1264 viewsitfcjoe

Depending on when abouts you do it in January it is possible to make it slightly worse by 0.02ppg.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keane and MM on 14:28 - Apr 11 with 1250 viewsMullet

Keane and MM on 09:25 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

So you're booing the fact of Douglas rather than the man himself? How is he not still going to take that personally?

Where is the line between "You're sh1t" and "The manager's sh1t because he uses a player as cr@p as you"?

It's the most pathetic, weasel-arsed, tenuous, chuffing digging ever that line innit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Keane and MM on 15:20 - Apr 11 with 1239 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 14:08 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

Depending on when abouts you do it in January it is possible to make it slightly worse by 0.02ppg.....

Then that's what the poster did!

Even the fact it's comparable is poor.
Keane and MM on 19:14 - Apr 11 with 1214 viewsBlueBadger

Keane and MM on 13:39 - Apr 11 by LankHenners

It means if Mick was in a pub and someone came up to him and started screaming 'you're a c*nt' in his face, as was what happened at the end of the match, he might be inclined to pour his drink over him, which is more than fair game.

Something which, the 'we're allowed to say wot we like' crowd would get the MASSIVE hum about.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keane and MM on 19:25 - Apr 11 with 1200 viewsLankHenners

Keane and MM on 19:14 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

Something which, the 'we're allowed to say wot we like' crowd would get the MASSIVE hum about.

They're a fan of 'telling it like it is', until someone does it to them.

Keane and MM on 21:01 - Apr 11 with 1153 viewsmonty_radio

I note several saying that these stats prove MM has done a better job, but, at best, said stats give Mick a 5 point advantage over a full season - not earth-shattering, is it?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Keane and MM on 21:06 - Apr 11 with 1152 viewspatrickswell

The thing is Claus it only feels worse than Keane/Jewell because Mick set higher standards in his first couple of years. Is that what you're getting at?

He's played a part in those standards slipping as has Evans.
Keane and MM on 23:53 - Apr 11 with 1118 viewsreusersfreekicks

Keane and MM on 15:20 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

Then that's what the poster did!

Even the fact it's comparable is poor.

Stupendous backtracking
Keane and MM on 11:28 - Apr 12 with 1075 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 23:53 - Apr 11 by reusersfreekicks

Stupendous backtracking

Harsh!

I won't hang my hat on another poster's stats in the future!
Keane and MM on 11:30 - Apr 12 with 1072 viewsSteve_M

Keane and MM on 21:01 - Apr 11 by monty_radio

I note several saying that these stats prove MM has done a better job, but, at best, said stats give Mick a 5 point advantage over a full season - not earth-shattering, is it?

Well, they do deliberately compare McCarthy's worst spell here with his hapless predecessors; the results for the rest of his time are comfortably better than those numbers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Keane and MM on 12:31 - Apr 12 with 1047 viewsMark

This season so far MM - 1.20 ppg.
2017 so far MM - 1.06 ppg.
Keane and MM on 12:46 - Apr 12 with 1035 viewsmonty_radio

Keane and MM on 11:30 - Apr 12 by Steve_M

Well, they do deliberately compare McCarthy's worst spell here with his hapless predecessors; the results for the rest of his time are comfortably better than those numbers.

But there would be no discussion around MM's fitness, or indeed Wenger's, if all-time stats were in view. What the similarity of those 80 or so last games of Mick v his "hapless predecessors" says to any of the disaffected fans is that, whatever the state of things under early Mick, the two year feel is indeed as bad as it seems.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Keane and MM on 13:46 - Apr 12 with 1018 viewsSB1984

Keane and MM on 08:44 - Apr 11 by Garv

I don't think he gets it in regards to Douglas, it's not the player the fans are booing, it's Mick. His decision to play him, play him in certain combinations i.e with Skuse, refusal to admit he could do better (this applies to a few players).

It's aimed at the manager.

It's not just aimed at the manager though. What about the sarcastic 'Douglas on fire' chants and general abuse that Douglas gets near me every time the ball goes near him?
Keane and MM on 13:51 - Apr 12 with 1010 viewsSteve_M

Keane and MM on 12:46 - Apr 12 by monty_radio

But there would be no discussion around MM's fitness, or indeed Wenger's, if all-time stats were in view. What the similarity of those 80 or so last games of Mick v his "hapless predecessors" says to any of the disaffected fans is that, whatever the state of things under early Mick, the two year feel is indeed as bad as it seems.

No one is pretending that this season has been good, it's just a counter to those who've forgotten how bad Keane and Jewell were - and that's without considering five or six game losing streaks.

Overall MM has still done a decent job here though; that alone shouldn't keep him here next season or make him immune to criticism but it does mean that the vitriol aimed his way is unnecessary.

It's also worth noting that our budget, relative to the rest of the division, is proportionately a lot worse than it was in the early years of Evans' time here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Keane and MM on 13:59 - Apr 12 with 1006 viewsSB1984

Keane and MM on 13:47 - Apr 11 by LankHenners

Yes, I listened, read, digested the information and saw it in the context it was intended, rather than just selectively quote Mick, take it out of context, and then exaggerate/make things up to try and justify the abuse that goes his way.

Exactly. If you actually read the quotes from when Mick supposedly 'blamed' the fans, he said that they could help the team win games when they're supportive. He also said they can make it harder for the team when they're not etc. Those with an agenda either don't bother to read the full quotes, or just choose to focus on the negative side of it and blow it out of proportion. Whether you like him or not, what Mick said is obviously true so it didn't warrant such a dramatic response. He's just honest and doesn't play the PR game. Do you really believe most managers care what fans think? Joe Royle said something along the lines of "I go to the dentist but I don't tell him how to pull my teeth out".
Keane and MM on 14:02 - Apr 12 with 1000 viewsRadlett_blue

Keane and MM on 13:46 - Apr 12 by SB1984

It's not just aimed at the manager though. What about the sarcastic 'Douglas on fire' chants and general abuse that Douglas gets near me every time the ball goes near him?

I think he's been a very poor signing & that Mick's constant bigging up of him is yet another indication of the breakdown in the relationship between Mick & the Town fans. I get the feeling Mick just loves indicating that he is always right & the fans know next to nothing.
I was hugely disappointed when Mick brought him on at QPR & understood why that decision was derided. Booing a Town player once they are on the pitch is counter productive, however.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024