Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lost a Blue today... 17:03 - Apr 12 with 4035 viewsGunnsAirkick

My Dad passed away through complications with his Kidney Cancer earlier. I really don't know what to do but am glad to say he was surrounded by family. Everyone on here was so supportive when he was diagnosed in November. He loved our club and we were sharing memories of him and my Mum attending the '78 F.A. Cup Final the other day. I'm going to the Newcastle game on Monday, he would have wanted that. I think we're going to get hammered but it's fair to say he thought a lot of Sir Bobby! If any of you get a chance give a few quid to Macmillan as I can't stress how good they were to my Dad.
Lost a Blue today... on 08:31 - Apr 13 with 784 viewsfabian_illness

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Such sad news.
Thoughts with you and your family.
Lost a Blue today... on 08:32 - Apr 13 with 781 viewsPlums

Sorry to hear that mate.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Lost a Blue today... on 08:47 - Apr 13 with 771 viewsITFC1983

So sorry to hear this.

My thoughts are with you and your family as this very difficult time.

Adam

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Lost a Blue today... on 10:48 - Apr 13 with 745 viewsneilvanlimbeek

Many condolences to you and the family....
Lost a Blue today... on 10:58 - Apr 13 with 738 viewshoppy

So sorry to read of your loss. Our condolences along with all the others that have already said so.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lost a Blue today... on 11:00 - Apr 13 with 735 viewsStenvict

Very sorry to hear that.

I experienced similar 18 months ago when my father died from cancer. He influenced me to become a Town fan and I miss moaning to him at FPR like I used to. I do take comfort in knowing that he lived a great life and in the end he died peacefully.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Lost a Blue today... on 11:21 - Apr 13 with 714 viewsGunnsAirkick

Lost a Blue today... on 11:00 - Apr 13 by Stenvict

Very sorry to hear that.

I experienced similar 18 months ago when my father died from cancer. He influenced me to become a Town fan and I miss moaning to him at FPR like I used to. I do take comfort in knowing that he lived a great life and in the end he died peacefully.

Thank you for your kind words.

I wouldn't be a Town supporter if it wasn't for Dad. So sorry for your loss too.

I'm just so touched by how everyone has reacted, I didn't realise quite how many friends he had! Also he died peacefully too, surrounded by us all, that means a lot to me.

If you (or anyone in this thread) needs a chat at any time feel free to PM me. I'd imagine even after 18 months things can still be raw.
Lost a Blue today... on 11:27 - Apr 13 with 701 viewsMach_foreignBlue

My deepest condolences GunnsAirkick.
Login to get fewer ads

Lost a Blue today... on 11:35 - Apr 13 with 694 viewsuncle

So sorry to hear that.

Terrible stuff
Lost a Blue today... on 11:39 - Apr 13 with 691 viewsJohnWarksTash

Sending man hugs and condolences to you and yours. I lost my dad many years ago and still wish we could have one more day out at Portman Rd.

If you need to vent, rage, cry or just let off steam with someone unconnected to the family feel free to send me a message.

JWT
Lost a Blue today... on 12:20 - Apr 13 with 665 viewsnbsiyag

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Reminded me of how my late dad and I enjoyed the 78 Cup Final. He met Bobby Robson with the youth team who were playing at Cambridge University He told my dad that above all "a player has to have a football brain".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024