Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lost a Blue today... 17:03 - Apr 12 with 4036 viewsGunnsAirkick

My Dad passed away through complications with his Kidney Cancer earlier. I really don't know what to do but am glad to say he was surrounded by family. Everyone on here was so supportive when he was diagnosed in November. He loved our club and we were sharing memories of him and my Mum attending the '78 F.A. Cup Final the other day. I'm going to the Newcastle game on Monday, he would have wanted that. I think we're going to get hammered but it's fair to say he thought a lot of Sir Bobby! If any of you get a chance give a few quid to Macmillan as I can't stress how good they were to my Dad.
Lost a Blue today... on 18:14 - Apr 12 with 990 viewsGuthrum

Sorry to hear that.

Difficult to think about at the moment, but look after yourself, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lost a Blue today... on 18:18 - Apr 12 with 988 viewsSuperfrans

That's awful to hear. Many condolences.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Lost a Blue today... on 18:25 - Apr 12 with 977 viewsimsureazzure

Condolences, all the best.
Lost a Blue today... on 18:27 - Apr 12 with 973 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Really sorry to hear that mate. Best wishes to you and your family.
Lost a Blue today... on 18:37 - Apr 12 with 966 viewsKieran_Knows

Very sorry to hear that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lost a Blue today... on 18:40 - Apr 12 with 964 viewsBlue_Order

Sorry to hear that, mate.
Lost a Blue today... on 18:43 - Apr 12 with 963 viewsgerard1947

So Sorry to hear that. Reminds me of my dad who died of the same things fourteen years ago. We enjoyed all the Blues glory days together, Sir Alf's league title and all of Sir Bobby's successes.

There are still odd times when I think I'll have to ask dad about this or that. I miss him every day but remember so fondly our times together. I couldn't have had a better dad.
Lost a Blue today... on 18:50 - Apr 12 with 958 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Lost a Blue today... on 18:06 - Apr 12 by bluejake78

So sorry to hear your sad news.

I am ever so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. My thoughts, prayers and condolences are with you and your family and friends at this difficult time.
Login to get fewer ads

Lost a Blue today... on 19:02 - Apr 12 with 952 viewsvapour_trail

Sorry to hear that mate. All the best.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Lost a Blue today... on 19:15 - Apr 12 with 934 viewsTractorCam

Sorry to hear mate, may he rest in peace

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lost a Blue today... on 19:23 - Apr 12 with 921 viewsWestover

Very sorry i know how you feel i lost my dad many years ago on my 25th birthday of all days.
Lost a Blue today... on 19:26 - Apr 12 with 915 viewscrunchie1978

Sorry to hear....forever blue.
Lost a Blue today... on 19:29 - Apr 12 with 914 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry to hear that, our condolences.
Lost a Blue today... on 19:45 - Apr 12 with 894 viewsGlasgowBlue

Really sorry to hear that mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lost a Blue today... on 19:46 - Apr 12 with 900 viewsGunnsAirkick

Thanks for all the kind words, this place is very good for venting and I really appreciate it. I have been through the mill in recent years having lost my Mother-in-Law and Father-in-Law and again people on here were so nice then.

Glad to see others have had good experiences with Macmillan. I second the praise for the NHS; for all the critisism it gets they were fantastic and it makes me proud to be British.

I will never forget him and I can quite imagine thinking about him every day. I will certainly think of him every time I set foot in Portman Road.

I'm going to watch the Play Off Final when I get a chance. Me and Dad had such a good day that day (didn't a lot of us!)
Lost a Blue today... on 19:48 - Apr 12 with 893 viewsBergholtBru

So sorry for you mate. Been there myself.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Lost a Blue today... on 20:09 - Apr 12 with 881 viewsCoastalblue

Sorry for your news, feel your hurt, I lost my Dad just coming up a year ago to cancer and you're right, MacMillan are fantastic. I still hear the sports news on the radio during the day now and think to myself I should speak to my Dad about something, but actually I like that.

You have reminded me that my Dad was at the playoff final with me, despite being a West Ham fan. He also attended the charity shield game with me, but I think I'll let that memory lie.

Support your Mum, and ask people if you need help with anything, you'll never forget him but the pain gets less and the memories get fonder in time.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Lost a Blue today... on 20:47 - Apr 12 with 859 viewsDebsyAngel

Very sorry to hear that. RIP to your Dad, my thoughts are with you xx
Lost a Blue today... on 20:48 - Apr 12 with 859 viewsHarryfromBath

I am so sorry for your loss and hope that Monday is a good day for you, irrespective of the result.

I have become good friends with a Macmillan Nurse who is a customer in my shop and from conversations I have had with her over the years I am aware of the outstanding work they do. They really are quite brilliant.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Lost a Blue today... on 21:25 - Apr 12 with 833 viewsGunnsAirkick

Lost a Blue today... on 20:09 - Apr 12 by Coastalblue

Sorry for your news, feel your hurt, I lost my Dad just coming up a year ago to cancer and you're right, MacMillan are fantastic. I still hear the sports news on the radio during the day now and think to myself I should speak to my Dad about something, but actually I like that.

You have reminded me that my Dad was at the playoff final with me, despite being a West Ham fan. He also attended the charity shield game with me, but I think I'll let that memory lie.

Support your Mum, and ask people if you need help with anything, you'll never forget him but the pain gets less and the memories get fonder in time.

Thanks chap (and everyone) for the advice. We've already shared some memories today and time will heal, I've just about managed to stop crying every few minutes now!

Looking after my Mum is going to be my top priority now. As Dad passed away, me and my Sister said as much to him.

I will need to ask for help. I'm sure some days it'll be unbearable but we have a very supportive family and friends (my mate set me off earlier saying he's going to listen to AC/DC tonight in my Dad's honour).

Just had another memory pop up and it's why I chose this username. Me and Dad went to the derby in 1996 where poor ole Bryan Gunn miskicked that clearance. I can't 100% remember which stand it was as we swapped around, we were near the pitch though and there was a pitch invasion after Gunn's Airkick. I managed to get onto the pitch, Dad grabbed me and got me back in the stand pretty quickly (to avoid trouble) but rather than being p*ssed off he was laughing and smiling at me (cheers Dad!)
Lost a Blue today... on 21:34 - Apr 12 with 815 viewsbournemouthblue

Lost a Blue today... on 17:05 - Apr 12 by No9

Please accept my condolences

hear hear

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lost a Blue today... on 23:22 - Apr 12 with 796 viewsRyorry

Lost a Blue today... on 21:25 - Apr 12 by GunnsAirkick

Thanks chap (and everyone) for the advice. We've already shared some memories today and time will heal, I've just about managed to stop crying every few minutes now!

Looking after my Mum is going to be my top priority now. As Dad passed away, me and my Sister said as much to him.

I will need to ask for help. I'm sure some days it'll be unbearable but we have a very supportive family and friends (my mate set me off earlier saying he's going to listen to AC/DC tonight in my Dad's honour).

Just had another memory pop up and it's why I chose this username. Me and Dad went to the derby in 1996 where poor ole Bryan Gunn miskicked that clearance. I can't 100% remember which stand it was as we swapped around, we were near the pitch though and there was a pitch invasion after Gunn's Airkick. I managed to get onto the pitch, Dad grabbed me and got me back in the stand pretty quickly (to avoid trouble) but rather than being p*ssed off he was laughing and smiling at me (cheers Dad!)

My sympathies GA.

Best wishes to you, your Mum, sister and other family.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lost a Blue today... on 08:19 - Apr 13 with 761 viewsunbelievablue

I'm terribly sorry to hear that mate. I hope you can enjoy the match on Monday and raise a few glasses to your old man's memory.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Lost a Blue today... on 08:23 - Apr 13 with 761 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

So sorry to hear that. Please accept my condolences.
Lost a Blue today... on 08:26 - Apr 13 with 761 viewsBenters

Sorry to hear your sad news bud.

Macmillian are great .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024