Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance 14:47 - May 8 with 10423 viewsGlasgowBlue

from 12% to 20%.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/08/labour-plan-hit-millions-workers-hiki

Taking aside that those who take out private health care insurance already contribute to the NHS through NI deductions, if you drive people from private to NHS the strain will put the NHS at breaking point.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 11:09 - May 9 with 948 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 10:59 - May 9 by chicoazul

Means testing is extremely expensive.

Do we put a price on fairness?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 11:16 - May 9 with 933 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 10:52 - May 9 by No9

& it isn't fair on the NHS workers when they have to pay for CP

I'm pretty sure they would either get free parking or a reduced rate.

What happens though if you work for Sainsburys either in or out of town? The staff have to park somewhere. I'm presuming that out of town supermarkets have a system so staff cars can stay longer than the allocated time - although I don't know this for a fact.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 11:59 - May 9 with 910 viewshampstead_blue

Corbyn is a gift to British politics.

We would be living in caves if got the keys to #10.

The private health sector is a massive payer of tax, higher salaries, NI, supports tech companies through purchasing top level equipment and so much more.

Many forgiegners come to the UK just for the medical treatment alone. When they are here they spend bucket loads of cash on stuff.

Hands-up who wants to live in one of Corbyn's "new homes"......by that I mean the 1 million caves he'll build.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 12:03 - May 9 with 901 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 10:52 - May 9 by No9

& it isn't fair on the NHS workers when they have to pay for CP

No idea whether NHS staff have to pay for parking, but if they do they're hardly alone in that respect

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 15:28 - May 9 with 881 viewssparks

Labour's plan to raise tax private health care insurance on 10:43 - May 9 by GlasgowBlue

We should. Every help should be given to those who need it. Family allowance, or whatever they call it these days, bus passes, winter fuel payments and school meals should not be given to those who don't need them.

Precisely

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024