Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking 16:02 - May 31 with 3613 viewsRadlett_blue

has anyone found a decent, reliable meet & greet firm?
There seem to be gazillions of them; presumably many of them are dubious intermediaries?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:05 - May 31 with 3599 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do Gatwick do parking through the close season? I can't imagine the demand would be there

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:05 - May 31 with 3599 viewsfactual_blue

Personally speaking, I would never, ever use a meet and greet parking firm at any airport.

We used the North Terminal Summer Special car park earlier this month, and that was fine.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:05 - May 31 with 3599 viewsCheltenham_Blue

From experience, don't bother, use the official Gatwick Long Stay parking. Cheeper and literally 10 minutes from the terminal.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:08 - May 31 with 3588 viewsRadlett_blue

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:05 - May 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

From experience, don't bother, use the official Gatwick Long Stay parking. Cheeper and literally 10 minutes from the terminal.

Only problem is, we are flying out from north terminal & back to south terminal.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:09 - May 31 with 3583 viewsblueislander

Taximan?
while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:10 - May 31 with 3579 viewsCheltenham_Blue

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:08 - May 31 by Radlett_blue

Only problem is, we are flying out from north terminal & back to south terminal.

You know there is a monorail between terminals that takes 5 minutes don't you?
Gatwick is tiny.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:22 - May 31 with 3551 viewshomer_123

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:08 - May 31 by Radlett_blue

Doesn't sound like a great holiday, from our of the North straight back to the South terminal.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:31 - May 31 with 3542 viewsLord_Lucan

I used FHR and they were very good. I had 16 days which turned out longer because of my "Diversion"

Can't remember how much it cost though but it was one of the cheapest and they are airport approved.

I also stayed nearby the previous evening to going out (worried about break down / delays and it was also very good. Premier Inn with attached pub. If that is of interest I'll search out where it was.

It was cheaper and easier than getting a hotel where you leave your car.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:37 - May 31 with 3521 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:05 - May 31 by factual_blue

Personally speaking, I would never, ever use a meet and greet parking firm at any airport.

We used the North Terminal Summer Special car park earlier this month, and that was fine.

I've just booked meet and greet for a flight going out of Manchester airport. Worked out not too dissimilar in price to normal parking and fancied a bit of added luxury

Is Meet and Greet that bad?
while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:41 - May 31 with 3517 viewsfactual_blue

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:09 - May 31 by blueislander

Taximan?

Do either of the adjectives used by the OP fit him?

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:44 - May 31 with 3510 viewsfactual_blue

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:37 - May 31 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I've just booked meet and greet for a flight going out of Manchester airport. Worked out not too dissimilar in price to normal parking and fancied a bit of added luxury

There are lots of stories about cars being parked in random industrial estates, being driven around as somebody's car, damaged, getting speeding tickets etc

Choose carefully.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/you-know-you

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:45 - May 31 with 3508 viewsLord_Lucan

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:37 - May 31 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I always use them but there are some horror stories of firms that just park your car up in a residential road (or worse) pretending they have a secure compound.

Check your mileage when you drop it off and when you get it back.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:47 - May 31 with 3504 viewsLord_Lucan

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:44 - May 31 by factual_blue

There are lots of stories about cars being parked in random industrial estates, being driven around as somebody's car, damaged, getting speeding tickets etc

Choose carefully.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/you-know-you

I would also wager Manchester is worse than LHR and LGW for fairly obvious reasons.

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:55 - May 31 with 3488 viewsNumber_Nine

Park at South Terminal (way cheaper) and take transit to North Terminal.

Meet & Greet over-rated.

2∞&→ Science gives me a hadron
Poll: Best Pink Floyd File

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:55 - May 31 with 3489 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:44 - May 31 by factual_blue

Choose carefully.

Crikey.

Not even crossed my mind that there would be much to worry about.. I booked the "Official on Airport" meet and greet, which I found through holidayextras so I would hope that it would be legit and pretty safe.

But Yes, I'll make sure I take a few pictures of how it looks (and the mileage) on the day we drop it off. Thanks
while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 17:10 - May 31 with 3478 viewsfactual_blue

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:47 - May 31 by Lord_Lucan

I would also wager Manchester is worse than LHR and LGW for fairly obvious reasons.

It's not John Lennon Airport though.......

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 17:32 - May 31 with 3458 viewsVic

I've used APH and been very pleased with them.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 17:35 - May 31 with 3457 viewsDurovigutum

while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 16:05 - May 31 by factual_blue

"Never say never". I used meet and greet last week at Stanstead. I was leaving home at 3:30PM, the gate closed at 5:15PM and I live at least 45 minutes away.
I needed every minute meet and greet would save, probably up to 30 minutes. Coming home we were due in at 12:30AM and the car park buses move to every 30 minutes at that time of night. It cost me £8 more than mid stay for 3 nights, so well worth it in my view.
while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 17:40 - May 31 with 3450 viewsEJP

Choose carefully.

Friend of mine returned to find her nice white car had a huge scratch down the side, which the company had attempted to rectify..

With emulsion paint.
while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 17:56 - May 31 with 3436 viewsColin_Viljoen

Make sure you have a camera in your car, then you can check what happens to it!!
while I am naturally reluctant to start a thread about Gatwick parking on 21:35 - May 31 with 3374 viewswalang

Always found Cophall Farm Parking very reliable - they have secure parking where you can drop off your car, they park it for you and when you return it is up front to be collected. Their minibus service to the terminals has always proved very quick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024