Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's staying 09:32 - Jun 3 with 7574 viewsHerbivore

Not that this is any surprise but a few people said that they wanted confirmation, and here it is from Milne: http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-managing-director-ian-milne-on-marcus-e

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick's staying on 09:33 - Jun 3 with 6986 viewsBenters

I dont need to read that we knew he wouldnt go anyway.

Still i guess you are happy?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Mick's staying on 09:37 - Jun 3 with 6967 viewsHerbivore

Mick's staying on 09:33 - Jun 3 by Benters

Not really. Clearly you don't read what people actually post as I've spent the last 6 months saying he should go at the end of the season. Now he is staying though he will get my backing and I hope he's able to strengthen the squad so we're a lot better than we were last season.

Mick's staying on 09:37 - Jun 3 with 6967 viewsVic

I for one am glad to hear this.

But this - 'We don’t like losing season ticket holders, that’s a worry, but we think we’ll get them back by having some decent announcements about players.' - doesn't fill me with confidence! IM said something very similar about the season ticket prices and look what happened! Neither am I sure that ME has much of a track record in negotiating signings.

But hey, let's wait and see. New season, new start. As the man says, We go again.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Mick's staying on 11:21 - Jun 3 with 6783 viewsbenno1uk

Of course MM is staying. Where else could earn half a million a year (or whatever it is) to plod along in his belligerent, outdated ways with utter contempt for his 'audience' and without any challenge from his boss? He has it so cushy here it's unbelievable.
Mick's staying on 12:23 - Jun 3 with 6701 viewsBlue_badge

I think there'll be a couple of decently funded signings, Huws and a striker (probably from Championship or lower league) - plus a few loanees from premier league, just before season starts.
Together with a couple of our younger ones coming through - some really need to start making an impact this season to maintain their careers - that should be enough to stay clear of relegation and lure a few more season ticket sales.
It also gives Evans chance to plan for a new manager, maybe a new structure altogether.
In short, I reckon this season will be OK or thereabouts and there'll be no real change until this time next year.
Mick's staying on 13:01 - Jun 3 with 6631 viewschristiand

Mick's staying on 12:23 - Jun 3 by Blue_badge

I think there'll be a couple of decently funded signings, Huws and a striker (probably from Championship or lower league) - plus a few loanees from premier league, just before season starts.
Together with a couple of our younger ones coming through - some really need to start making an impact this season to maintain their careers - that should be enough to stay clear of relegation and lure a few more season ticket sales.
It also gives Evans chance to plan for a new manager, maybe a new structure altogether.
In short, I reckon this season will be OK or thereabouts and there'll be no real change until this time next year.

If we are going into the loan market, I hope that MM enquires about some Chelsea youngsters - they have a catalogue of young professionals needing first team experience.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Mick's staying on 13:15 - Jun 3 with 6606 viewsANNA3ROA

Mick's staying on 09:33 - Jun 3 by Benters

Mick Knows he got the chairman backing and I do think he can take Ipswich up to prem
Mick's staying on 14:03 - Jun 3 with 6519 viewsbraveblue

Mick's staying on 12:23 - Jun 3 by Blue_badge

Really can't see that bringing many back. I wouldn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick's staying on 14:42 - Jun 3 with 6478 viewswitchdoctor

Mick's staying on 13:15 - Jun 3 by ANNA3ROA

Mick Knows he got the chairman backing and I do think he can take Ipswich up to prem

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Mick's staying on 14:47 - Jun 3 with 6466 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mick's staying on 09:37 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

Not really. Clearly you don't read what people actually post as I've spent the last 6 months saying he should go at the end of the season. Now he is staying though he will get my backing and I hope he's able to strengthen the squad so we're a lot better than we were last season.

Careful. That almost makes it sound like you support us .

That'll never catch on on here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick's staying on 14:52 - Jun 3 with 6450 viewsHerbivore

Mick's staying on 14:47 - Jun 3 by Swansea_Blue

I know, it's a rather novel way of thinking.

Mick's staying on 15:34 - Jun 3 with 6401 viewstextbackup

Mick's staying on 09:37 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

Most miss places long and short passes in the same season... the bloke has no shame

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick's staying on 17:30 - Jun 3 with 6282 viewsMJallday

“It’s all about negotiations and Marcus, because of his main business, is very good at that. Equally, (director of football) David Bowman and Mick may say to Marcus, and there are a few examples of this, that they don’t think the bidding should go any higher for a certain player.

blimey, thats the first time ive seen david bowmans name mentioned in god knows how long.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Mick's staying on 17:41 - Jun 3 with 6257 viewsBenters

Mick's staying on 13:15 - Jun 3 by ANNA3ROA

Lol x at least 1m

Gentlybentley

Mick's staying on 20:03 - Jun 3 with 6135 viewsANNA3ROA

Mick's staying on 17:41 - Jun 3 by Benters

Lol x at least 1m

Just come back down to earth,Dreaming for a miracle
Mick's staying on 23:55 - Jun 3 with 6007 viewssmellmycheese

Mick's staying on 11:21 - Jun 3 by benno1uk

Of course MM is staying. Where else could earn half a million a year (or whatever it is) to plod along in his belligerent, outdated ways with utter contempt for his 'audience' and without any challenge from his boss? He has it so cushy here it's unbelievable.

840k per season at the moment.

ITFC : the greatest club in England
Poll: Clarke Harris to ITFC

Mick's staying on 07:47 - Jun 4 with 5921 viewsBenters

Mick's staying on 23:55 - Jun 3 by smellmycheese

840k per season at the moment.

Is that all ?

Gentlybentley

Mick's staying on 08:15 - Jun 4 with 5896 viewsDinnernotTea

Mick's staying on 14:47 - Jun 3 by Swansea_Blue

Ipswich Ipswich Rah Rah Rah. What type of sand are you using?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Mick's staying on 08:17 - Jun 4 with 5887 viewsBenters

Mick's staying on 08:15 - Jun 4 by DinnernotTea

Ipswich Ipswich Rah Rah Rah. What type of sand are you using?

Soft sand,sharp is a bastard and all scratchy.

Gentlybentley

Mick's staying on 08:26 - Jun 4 with 5881 viewsHerbivore

I love the way that actually supporting the team seems to be the subject of ridicule now. What strange times we live in.

Mick's staying on 08:34 - Jun 4 with 5869 viewsBenters

Mick's staying on 08:26 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

I love the way that actually supporting the team seems to be the subject of ridicule now. What strange times we live in.

If more walked away it might force the hand of Saint Marcus to actually do something.

If the people who are so happy they will clap anything the club throws at them keep going,he will be happy just to keep trudging along.

Gentlybentley

Mick's staying on 08:47 - Jun 4 with 5853 viewsHerbivore

Mick's staying on 08:34 - Jun 4 by Benters

If more walked away it might force the hand of Saint Marcus to actually do something.

If the people who are so happy they will clap anything the club throws at them keep going,he will be happy just to keep trudging along.

Or if people stop going it damaged our revenue and the atmosphere and hastens our drop into League 1. You choose not to go, that's fine. I don't understand why you and others feel the need to ridicule those of us who still choose to support the Town.

Mick's staying on 08:54 - Jun 4 with 5846 viewsBenters

Mick's staying on 08:47 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

Or if people stop going it damaged our revenue and the atmosphere and hastens our drop into League 1. You choose not to go, that's fine. I don't understand why you and others feel the need to ridicule those of us who still choose to support the Town.

That my friend is the trouble.

What Marcus Evans should do is to think how to win those people back who have walked away.

Now i know Milne has came out and said we will win the fans back with signings this summer,but we will have to wait and see who they are i guess.

You and the others give me stick see 'armchair mouth' etc,so i am only returning a little dig back.

Enjoy your day.

Gentlybentley

Mick's staying on 09:11 - Jun 5 with 5611 viewsblueblood66

Season ticket cancellation vindicated.
Mick's staying on 10:07 - Jun 5 with 5564 viewsNo9

The squad down from 32 to 19?
The squad expected to be 26?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024