Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next steps for government? 09:27 - Jun 11 with 4785 viewsBluefish

If the discussions with the DUP fail. Labour can try and form a new agreement? They couldn't be bigger than the Tories though so surely it goes back to TM for a minority??

On this basis why is JC on about forming a minority?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Next steps for government? on 09:31 - Jun 11 with 4357 viewsLazymidfielder

Haven't you heard? Corbyn actually won. At least thats what he and his supporters seem to think...
Next steps for government? on 09:32 - Jun 11 with 4348 viewsBluefish

Next steps for government? on 09:31 - Jun 11 by Lazymidfielder

Haven't you heard? Corbyn actually won. At least thats what he and his supporters seem to think...

Months banging on about democracy and now they want him installed undemocratically

Next steps for government? on 09:33 - Jun 11 with 4332 viewsWD19

It's gameplay, in the same vein as his election manifesto.

The whole concept of an 'alternative queens speech' is constitutional nonsense. On a par with the 'alternative queens message' at Christmas.

But.....writing a compelling alternative queens speech is easy if you know you won't ever have to/get the chance to deliver it. It will be a hell of a lot more 'attractive' than a real queens speech hamstrung by reality. He can then spent the week's afterwards chucking stones.....which plays to His protestor strengths.
Next steps for government? on 09:35 - Jun 11 with 4336 viewsGlasgowBlue

If the DUP talks fail then My has to go straight away. That will trigger a leadership contest.

Corbyn can quite rightly claim that whilst that is happening he has a right to attempt to form a minority government, which is what May should have done anyway.

Obviously Corbyn doesn't have the numbers to get a Queen's speech through so we would have another election.

The momentum will be with Labour and the Tories are seen as being chaotic. There is a very good chance that we will have another hung Parliament but this time Labour will have the numbers to form a rainbow coalition.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Next steps for government? on 09:40 - Jun 11 with 4318 viewslowhouseblue

Next steps for government? on 09:35 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

If the DUP talks fail then My has to go straight away. That will trigger a leadership contest.

Corbyn can quite rightly claim that whilst that is happening he has a right to attempt to form a minority government, which is what May should have done anyway.

Obviously Corbyn doesn't have the numbers to get a Queen's speech through so we would have another election.

The momentum will be with Labour and the Tories are seen as being chaotic. There is a very good chance that we will have another hung Parliament but this time Labour will have the numbers to form a rainbow coalition.

i suspect the dup talks won't fail. it's then a matter of them trying to have enough stability so that they can replace may next year. i suspect that's still the most likely outcome.the tories need to do some serious repositioning before they contemplate another election.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Next steps for government? on 09:44 - Jun 11 with 4298 viewsgiant_stow

Caroline Lucas for pm 'leading' an issue by issue parliament - true democracy!
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 9:46]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Next steps for government? on 09:53 - Jun 11 with 4237 viewsWD19

Next steps for government? on 09:44 - Jun 11 by giant_stow

Caroline Lucas for pm 'leading' an issue by issue parliament - true democracy!
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 9:46]

Would they do a better job of running a country than they did of running Brighton?
Next steps for government? on 10:05 - Jun 11 with 4206 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Next steps for government? on 09:40 - Jun 11 by lowhouseblue

i suspect the dup talks won't fail. it's then a matter of them trying to have enough stability so that they can replace may next year. i suspect that's still the most likely outcome.the tories need to do some serious repositioning before they contemplate another election.

Yes they would almost certainly lose an election right now.

Can Corbyn unite the PLP and be a worthy and credible opposition leader, Tories best hope right now is that Corbyn and the party return to type.
Login to get fewer ads

Next steps for government? on 10:08 - Jun 11 with 4196 viewsvapour_trail

Next steps for government? on 09:32 - Jun 11 by Bluefish

Months banging on about democracy and now they want him installed undemocratically

You clearly don't understand our parliamentary system.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Next steps for government? on 10:12 - Jun 11 with 4183 viewsGlasgowBlue

Next steps for government? on 10:05 - Jun 11 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Can Corbyn unite the PLP and be a worthy and credible opposition leader, Tories best hope right now is that Corbyn and the party return to type.

The last six weeks have shown that Corbyn is an incredible campaigner. The last two years have shown he is an absolutely appalling leader of the opposition in Parliament.

Iron Lion Zion

Next steps for government? on 10:13 - Jun 11 with 4182 viewslowhouseblue

Next steps for government? on 10:05 - Jun 11 by blueblueburleymcgrew

the challenge for corbyn and momentum is not to act as if they won. they need to properly understand why they did so much better than expected -and recognise that a lot of their votes were an anti-may protest in the knowledge that there was no chance of labour winning. they need now to broaden their support - not believe that they already have sufficient support. more of what they have already offered won't do it. demonstrations and riots outside parliament won't do it. they need to get disillusioned tories to vote for then whenever the next election comes - they have already swept up every vote from the hard left, if they keep mining that vein it will get them nowhere.

but we are now in land of 'events dear boy'. what happens next will depend on things none of us can predict - the economy for example.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Next steps for government? on 10:15 - Jun 11 with 4176 viewsBluefish

Next steps for government? on 10:08 - Jun 11 by vapour_trail

You are looking for problems that aren't there to score points, i didn't say he would be i said they want him to be.......big difference in process

Next steps for government? on 10:16 - Jun 11 with 4171 viewsvapour_trail

Next steps for government? on 10:15 - Jun 11 by Bluefish

You are looking for problems that aren't there to score points, i didn't say he would be i said they want him to be.......big difference in process

I don't have any points to score.

Your posts over the last 24 hours are predominately just wrong.

Next steps for government? on 10:17 - Jun 11 with 4168 viewsGlasgowBlue

Next steps for government? on 10:08 - Jun 11 by vapour_trail

The pro Corbyn protesters outside of Downing Street certainly don't.

Iron Lion Zion

Next steps for government? on 10:20 - Jun 11 with 4152 viewsBluefish

Next steps for government? on 10:16 - Jun 11 by vapour_trail

I don't have any points to score.

Your posts over the last 24 hours are predominately just wrong.

Do explain why in bullet points sticking to facts.

Next steps for government? on 10:20 - Jun 11 with 4148 viewsBluefish

Next steps for government? on 10:17 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

Precisely, as per my point

Next steps for government? on 10:22 - Jun 11 with 4131 viewsvapour_trail

Next steps for government? on 10:17 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

No, but they are complete morons.

Next steps for government? on 10:23 - Jun 11 with 4124 viewsElderGrizzly

Next steps for government? on 09:31 - Jun 11 by Lazymidfielder

He's admitted he didn't win on Marr this morning. Finally....

Next steps for government? on 10:27 - Jun 11 with 4113 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Next steps for government? on 10:12 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

The last six weeks have shown that Corbyn is an incredible campaigner. The last two years have shown he is an absolutely appalling leader of the opposition in Parliament.

This morning on Marr he is still in full on election mode looking almost statesman like - I'm assuming he simply can't keep this up when the day to day affairs of state return and the spotlight shifts from Corbyn the electioneer to Corbyn leader of the Labour Party in opposition.
Next steps for government? on 15:27 - Jun 11 with 3994 viewsNo9

There are a number of things to consider.

The opposition must present an alternative to show it is a credible alternative should the government be defeated on any matter.

With Brexit as the most important thing on the horizon and the tories (in complete melt down) wanting to form a government with the DUP- who BTW, don't agree with the tories position on Brexit we could over the next 6 months or so continue the internal arguing in the tory party that has brought us to the mess we are in.

By making an alternative speech and taking a position that can be negotiated with other parties the official opposition is in a position to vote the gorernment down adn to drive Brexit in a diffferent way to which the tories (RW) want it to go.

Wait for what is in the tories Queens speech to see how they are going to progress. It could all blow up again if they can't get that though
Next steps for government? on 15:39 - Jun 11 with 3985 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Next steps for government? on 10:13 - Jun 11 by lowhouseblue

the challenge for corbyn and momentum is not to act as if they won. they need to properly understand why they did so much better than expected -and recognise that a lot of their votes were an anti-may protest in the knowledge that there was no chance of labour winning. they need now to broaden their support - not believe that they already have sufficient support. more of what they have already offered won't do it. demonstrations and riots outside parliament won't do it. they need to get disillusioned tories to vote for then whenever the next election comes - they have already swept up every vote from the hard left, if they keep mining that vein it will get them nowhere.

but we are now in land of 'events dear boy'. what happens next will depend on things none of us can predict - the economy for example.

".....properly understand.......", meaning agree with you. Your arrogance has no bounds!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Next steps for government? on 15:45 - Jun 11 with 3975 viewsjaykay

i expect grammar schools will be dropped from the queens speech

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Next steps for government? on 15:49 - Jun 11 with 3967 viewsmonytowbray

Next steps for government? on 10:13 - Jun 11 by lowhouseblue

Based on your predictions these last two years, you'd probably be wise not to make them.

You are becoming the FlashBlue of TWTD politics.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 15:50]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Next steps for government? on 16:09 - Jun 11 with 3939 viewsArcher4721

This will cheer you up no doubt

https://mobile.twitter.com/b_judah/status/873882158791872513

[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 16:12]
Next steps for government? on 16:19 - Jun 11 with 3919 viewsCoastalblue

Next steps for government? on 15:27 - Jun 11 by No9

There are a number of things to consider.

The opposition must present an alternative to show it is a credible alternative should the government be defeated on any matter.

With Brexit as the most important thing on the horizon and the tories (in complete melt down) wanting to form a government with the DUP- who BTW, don't agree with the tories position on Brexit we could over the next 6 months or so continue the internal arguing in the tory party that has brought us to the mess we are in.

By making an alternative speech and taking a position that can be negotiated with other parties the official opposition is in a position to vote the gorernment down adn to drive Brexit in a diffferent way to which the tories (RW) want it to go.

Wait for what is in the tories Queens speech to see how they are going to progress. It could all blow up again if they can't get that though

The big issue with Brexit is that outside of Ukip none of the parties have a common cause, they were all split before the referendum and they are still split now.

The decision has been taken, the wrong one in my opinion but I'm willing to accept it, what we should do now is take away the negotiations from all of the parties and let people who knwo what they are doing get on with it. If that means a cross party committee then so be it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024