Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How would you manage ITFC? 07:23 - Jun 21 with 5358 viewsbayblue

Assemble a squad to get you out of Championship asap knowing they would likely struggle in the Premier League or have a longer term plan to assemble a better quality squad?
How would you manage ITFC? on 07:44 - Jun 21 with 5313 viewshomer_123

Sell Playford Road for housing. Give the ground back to the Council for re-development and then merge with Col Utd.

Bum around the lower leagues for a few years before relegation and eventual complete Club demise.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How would you manage ITFC? on 07:44 - Jun 21 with 5308 viewsgmanrom

Get up get them parachute payments asap give ourselves a chance.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

How would you manage ITFC? on 07:50 - Jun 21 with 5302 viewsMJallday

How would you manage ITFC? on 07:44 - Jun 21 by homer_123

Sell Playford Road for housing. Give the ground back to the Council for re-development and then merge with Col Utd.

Bum around the lower leagues for a few years before relegation and eventual complete Club demise.

I see you've gone with the 5 point plan?

I've always thought I'd do this

Day 1 call everyone to the pitch. Put out the cones on in a 4-2-1-2 type formation
Then tell everyone to stand by their best position

I'd then walk to each cone and decide on the best person, 2nd best and so on

The people whom are best get a chance to play
If their score rating is less than 6/10 in the following match, they get dropped and we try next person

It's a sort of KPI based system

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

How would you manage ITFC? on 07:51 - Jun 21 with 5298 viewsHerbivore

We need to get out of this league asap regardless of whether we're 'ready'. In all honesty most promoted sides are expected to go straight down so there's no value in spending any longer trying to build a side that is fractionally less likely to go down.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How would you manage ITFC? on 07:53 - Jun 21 with 5289 viewswrightsrightglove

I don't think you'd have a choice. In an ideal world you'd chuck some money at it and do everything you could to drag us into the premier league but there would never be any guarantee of success and the pitfalls of such an approach are pretty evident. The only choice you'd have would be to try and build a better squad on a budget with a 3 year plan in place to bring the promising younger players through and try and challenge that way.
How would you manage ITFC? on 08:30 - Jun 21 with 5242 viewsitfcjoe

You've just got to get up - you can't really have too much of a longer term plan now because you can't keep hold of players because so much money is thrown around.

Need to try and play young players where you can, which we tend to do on the whole, but have to accept that if likes of Webster has a great season he'll go. It''s just constant recruitment and getting that right which is the key

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How would you manage ITFC? on 08:41 - Jun 21 with 5214 viewsbontcho

Realistically I'd try and go for a small squad of quality players. I'd have far fewer squad fillers like Bru, Coke, Best etc I'd use our kids instead. This may be risky if we have a lot of injuries but we only have a restricted budget.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

How would you manage ITFC? on 09:07 - Jun 21 with 5165 viewsGuthrum

Becoming a yo-yo club is the way to eventually become established in the Prem nowadays. If very fortunate, it might even be possible to avoid dropping right into the relegation places in the first season.

The way things are with money and transfers (the players not prepared to drop down a division), you can't hope to build a properly competitive Prem squad in the Championship.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

How would you manage ITFC? on 09:19 - Jun 21 with 5145 viewsWestSussexBlue

Set a Goal of continued growth and development of a tight knit young squad of players enhanced with experienced passion through players like Chambo and Smith. Disregard any bids for Bart, Dozzell, Bishop.
Draw on the experience and Blue blood of Holland and Butcher ensuring they have positions within the club and before all this sack MM and TC and sell the vision to Darrell clarke and Marcus Stewart which will add a strong management team used to dealing with youth and on limited budgets.
The Aim being promoted in sensibly around 3-4 seasons time.
How would you manage ITFC? on 09:20 - Jun 21 with 5144 viewsCoastalblue

Even a single season getting completely battered in the Prem would transform the club in a positive way.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How would you manage ITFC? on 10:16 - Jun 21 with 5100 viewsGavTWTD

I'd get the good folk of TWTD to pick the team, using the squad selector or variant of.

Then using the site I'd allow people to make substitutions.

Can't possibly fail.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

How would you manage ITFC? on 10:58 - Jun 21 with 5059 viewschristiand

I'd go back and adopt the approach by Sheepshanks and Burley - steadily build a squad and all teams at the club play in the same way. Make additional investments in the team that improves the quality on the pitch, but look to blood in some youngsters along with the experienced heads. Yes it was frustrating at times during those play off defeats, however you could see where the club was heading and progress was being made both on and off the pitch. Now it seems no one has a clue - it's more hope than having a proper strategy. We don't even follow the magical 5 point plan that ME put in place.....to keep us all quiet - sorry I meant to say to strategically move the club forwards.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

How would you manage ITFC? on 11:05 - Jun 21 with 5052 viewsWestSussexBlue

How would you manage ITFC? on 10:58 - Jun 21 by christiand

I'd go back and adopt the approach by Sheepshanks and Burley - steadily build a squad and all teams at the club play in the same way. Make additional investments in the team that improves the quality on the pitch, but look to blood in some youngsters along with the experienced heads. Yes it was frustrating at times during those play off defeats, however you could see where the club was heading and progress was being made both on and off the pitch. Now it seems no one has a clue - it's more hope than having a proper strategy. We don't even follow the magical 5 point plan that ME put in place.....to keep us all quiet - sorry I meant to say to strategically move the club forwards.

Agree completely.
Those play off semi defeats were hard to keep taking but your right, we had a plan got stronger year on year and even took the premier by storm.
Beats drifting rudderless as we appear to do now.
How would you manage ITFC? on 11:07 - Jun 21 with 5041 viewsSwailsey

Poorly.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

How would you manage ITFC? on 12:19 - Jun 21 with 5002 viewsKeaneish

I'd probably follow in the footsteps of the owner and not make a plan until the fans started producing creative banners asking me what the plan was. Prior to this i'd attend games when i felt like it wearing a disguise and probably limit all conversation and communication to the occasional Facetime when i was able to get coverage from my bunker hundreds of miles away from civilisation.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How would you manage ITFC? on 12:22 - Jun 21 with 4994 viewsReuser_is_God

How would you manage ITFC? on 09:07 - Jun 21 by Guthrum

Becoming a yo-yo club is the way to eventually become established in the Prem nowadays. If very fortunate, it might even be possible to avoid dropping right into the relegation places in the first season.

The way things are with money and transfers (the players not prepared to drop down a division), you can't hope to build a properly competitive Prem squad in the Championship.

Really? The last proper yo-yo club were WBA who haven't been in the Championship for a while.

Hull & Norwich are yo-yo clubs but they'll never establish in the PL.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How would you manage ITFC? on 12:50 - Jun 21 with 4963 viewsbontcho

How would you manage ITFC? on 12:22 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

Really? The last proper yo-yo club were WBA who haven't been in the Championship for a while.

Hull & Norwich are yo-yo clubs but they'll never establish in the PL.

Burnley?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024