Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal 11:14 - Jul 10 with 8618 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

If May continues to devalue the lives of EU nationals currently living in the UK by using them as bargaining chips. Guy Verhofstadt says a fair proposal needs to be put forward immediately.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/09/brexit-offer-eu-citzens-ve

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 14:24 - Jul 10 with 2357 viewsThe_Last_Baron

BelvedereBrunswick, get a grip of yourself.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 14:37 - Jul 10 with 2345 viewsBlueBadger

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 11:40 - Jul 10 by homer_123

This whole thing is truly worthy of the phrase: clusterf*ck

'Brusterf*ck', surely?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 14:38 - Jul 10 with 2342 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 14:24 - Jul 10 by The_Last_Baron

BelvedereBrunswick, get a grip of yourself.

I beg your pardon. Who are you and why have you said that for? I just want decent discussion mate.
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:00 - Jul 10 with 2314 viewsnrb1985

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 13:44 - Jul 10 by jaykay

dont wory someone will be along soon,saying you keep your bargaining cards close to your chest.

Lol.

No doubt starting the sentence with "When in a negotiation like this..."
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:16 - Jul 10 with 2304 viewsBOjK

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 13:43 - Jul 10 by blue_oyster

Really, you can't see how someone employed by the EU could be pro-EU? Incredible. We are offering less EU 'rights', not less 'rights', surprisingly enough for a country that won't be in the EU. How many UK 'rights' are the EU offering?

"Really, you can't see how someone employed by the EU could be pro-EU? Incredible."

No. I never said that.

"We are offering less EU 'rights', not less 'rights', surprisingly enough for a country that won't be in the EU. How many UK 'rights' are the EU offering?"

I don't understand a word of this. Try again.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:22 - Jul 10 with 2300 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 11:41 - Jul 10 by factual_blue

It's almost as though brexit is about pandering to a group of ignorant xenophobes in a pathetic attempt to save the tory party.

Pandering to the Labour party in order to save the Tory party you mean?
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:23 - Jul 10 with 2297 viewsNo9

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:22 - Jul 10 by FrowsyArmLarry

Pandering to the Labour party in order to save the Tory party you mean?

She is not pandering to the labour party is she?
She is looking for someone to blame (again)
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:23 - Jul 10 with 2297 viewsbluelagos

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 11:40 - Jul 10 by homer_123

This whole thing is truly worthy of the phrase: clusterf*ck

A tory bruckup.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:28 - Jul 10 with 2294 viewsbluelagos

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 13:44 - Jul 10 by jaykay

dont wory someone will be along soon,saying you keep your bargaining cards close to your chest.

Scary isn't it. That some people think negotiating a mutually beneficial trade deal is like playing a game of poker. Seeing the EU as an enemy rather than a future trading partner.

As anyone with experience of negotiations knows, the exact opposite is true, you are both open about exactly what you want, and you then try and find common ground / agree compromise as needed.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:29 - Jul 10 with 2293 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:23 - Jul 10 by No9

She is not pandering to the labour party is she?
She is looking for someone to blame (again)

I just think it's funny that Factual blue thinks brexit is the work of tory xenophobes when Jeremy Corbyn & co are arch proponents
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:37 - Jul 10 with 2282 viewsblue_oyster

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:16 - Jul 10 by BOjK

"Really, you can't see how someone employed by the EU could be pro-EU? Incredible."

No. I never said that.

"We are offering less EU 'rights', not less 'rights', surprisingly enough for a country that won't be in the EU. How many UK 'rights' are the EU offering?"

I don't understand a word of this. Try again.

If you don't want to listen, that's up to you. There's nothing I can do about it.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:47 - Jul 10 with 2263 viewsNo9

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:29 - Jul 10 by FrowsyArmLarry

I just think it's funny that Factual blue thinks brexit is the work of tory xenophobes when Jeremy Corbyn & co are arch proponents

Maybe it is because - allegedly- the foreign money went to the right wing parties not the left?
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:55 - Jul 10 with 2257 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:28 - Jul 10 by bluelagos

Scary isn't it. That some people think negotiating a mutually beneficial trade deal is like playing a game of poker. Seeing the EU as an enemy rather than a future trading partner.

As anyone with experience of negotiations knows, the exact opposite is true, you are both open about exactly what you want, and you then try and find common ground / agree compromise as needed.

Although if we are perceived to be compromising on the rights of EU citizens will that mean we will get an easier ride elsewhere?
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 16:00 - Jul 10 with 2250 viewsFreddies_Ears

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:55 - Jul 10 by FrowsyArmLarry

Although if we are perceived to be compromising on the rights of EU citizens will that mean we will get an easier ride elsewhere?

Yes. It would help our own too, including the 45,000 people who live and pay tax in the UK but work in other EU countries, e.g. many IT contractors, the vast majority of whom would lose their jobs under May's proposed policy.
European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 16:48 - Jul 10 with 2211 viewsNo9

European Parliament to reject Brexit deal on 15:28 - Jul 10 by bluelagos

The problem here is that the Brexit mob want their cake and to eat it.
Most sensible people know that so essentially we have started off on the wrong foot & as you know from negotiating yourself, to pull back from that is never easy - unless of course you capitulate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024