Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" 22:58 - Jul 18 with 11280 viewssitocastro

1. Bart
2. Gerken
3. Crowe

4. Knudsen
5. Smith
6. Chambers
7. Webster
8. Spence
9. Kenlock
10. Iorfa

11. Bishop
12. Skuse
13. Ward
14. Hyam
15. Rowe
16. Huws
17. Adeyemi
18. Celina

19. Garner
20. Sears
21. Mcgoldrick

Haven't included Bru, Downes, Dozzel, Nydam. Hopefully another 1-3 players
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:12 - Jul 19 with 2462 viewsPhilTWTD

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 04:10 - Jul 19 by GiveusaWave

We have back up in Blanchfield also. Do seem a bit thin on the ground in terms of striking options though.

Blanchfield's injured at the moment, hasn't featured at all in pre-season, which is not ideal for his development.
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:12 - Jul 19 with 2464 viewsWallingford_Boy

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:05 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Agree, striker and another wideman and I think we're just about there, although there may well be someone else come in later on down the line before the window closes depending on how the first few weeks progress. I had thought another left-sided centre-half might be on the cards but I'm led to believe they're not looking for one, believing that there's sufficient cover already.

Yes, in an ideal world another wideman would be lovely, but with Smith and Knudsen left sided centre halves and in light of MM's words on trimming the squad, I can only see one more player coming in at the mo and it obviously needs to be a striker.

RIP Sir Bobby

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:12 - Jul 19 with 2461 viewschicoazul

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 23:03 - Jul 18 by Smithy

“We’ll have about 22 to 24 maybe,” said McCarthy. “That will probably include Dozza [Andre Dozzell], Tristan [Nydam] and Flynn Downes.

I certainly dont want to put words in his mouth but when Managers talk about the size of their squad they *usually* leave out the goalkeepers, since every squad has 3 as a minimum.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:16 - Jul 19 with 2454 viewschicoazul

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:12 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Blanchfield's injured at the moment, hasn't featured at all in pre-season, which is not ideal for his development.

Is McDonell anywhere near the squad? Stupid question I suppose as he certainly doesnt seem to be.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:18 - Jul 19 with 2444 viewsKieran_Knows

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:16 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Is McDonell anywhere near the squad? Stupid question I suppose as he certainly doesnt seem to be.

Think Mick confirmed last night we're hoping to loan McDonnell out this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:20 - Jul 19 with 2440 viewsPhilTWTD

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:16 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Has dropped behind Andre and Flynn Downes, it appears. Mick was talking about him going out on loan last night. Not sure where. Big year for him, last of his contract, needs first-team football.
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:23 - Jul 19 with 2431 viewsitfcjoe

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:20 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Has dropped behind Andre and Flynn Downes, it appears. Mick was talking about him going out on loan last night. Not sure where. Big year for him, last of his contract, needs first-team football.

I can't imagine he'll be here next season barring a miracle

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:28 - Jul 19 with 2417 viewsNo9

Will Hyam & Bishop be fit enough?
Login to get fewer ads

Mccarthys on 11:47 - Jul 19 with 2385 viewsCurrie10

on 07:43 - Jul 19 by _

His fitness has to be superb due to his horrific positional sense.

For such a " creative midfielder " how many does he set up a season? Naff all. Does he score many then? No. No he doesn't. Is he good from a defensive point of view? Not really either.

Our aim is to go up, or challenge at the top end. We're likely to play 4-4-2 this season and therefore Mr Bru doesn't fit in. In a 4-3-3 maybe but in a 4-4-2 cm. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our 11.

Would Sheff Weds / Derby / Norwich / Villa or any club who harbour aims to go up be interested? no! He's not good enough.

Unfortunately Mr Bru isn't suited to the hussle and bussle of the championship. He'd be far better off going to a league in Romania/ Bulgaria where they play much more technical footy. He's a good technician but doesn't really add to us. He's frustratingly probably one of the best at training and superb at 8 a side, however championship.......... Nope.

Good luck wherever you go.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 11:48]
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 12:59 - Jul 19 with 2354 viewstheinbetweener

Nobody's mentioned Ben Morris. Perhaps we could be in for a surprise next season and MM will give him the opportunity as 3rd/4th choice striker?
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 13:07 - Jul 19 with 2348 viewsPhilTWTD

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 10:23 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

I can't imagine he'll be here next season barring a miracle

Yes, does seem to need a loan spell matching the success of Benyu's last season to warrant staying on. Even then might be tough with the some of the other youngsters - Nydam in addition to Dozzell and Downes, of course, perhaps Blanchfield, although he appears to be in a similar position to McDonnell - perhaps having established themselves in the first-team squad.

On a related note, one of the Irish journalists at Drogheda was enthusing about Dylan Connolly, best player in the League of Ireland, he said. Would be little surprise if he returned to England at some stage, although not sure what level. Has just moved to Dundalk, viewed as the replacement for Daryl Horgan.
Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 19:10 - Jul 19 with 2252 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 12:59 - Jul 19 by theinbetweener

Nobody's mentioned Ben Morris. Perhaps we could be in for a surprise next season and MM will give him the opportunity as 3rd/4th choice striker?

Interesting point there a 3 Million approx striker plus Morris would be enough.

Poll: Final points total?

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 07:03 - Jul 21 with 2186 viewsCurrie10

Mccarthys "22 to 24 Squad" on 13:07 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Yes, does seem to need a loan spell matching the success of Benyu's last season to warrant staying on. Even then might be tough with the some of the other youngsters - Nydam in addition to Dozzell and Downes, of course, perhaps Blanchfield, although he appears to be in a similar position to McDonnell - perhaps having established themselves in the first-team squad.

On a related note, one of the Irish journalists at Drogheda was enthusing about Dylan Connolly, best player in the League of Ireland, he said. Would be little surprise if he returned to England at some stage, although not sure what level. Has just moved to Dundalk, viewed as the replacement for Daryl Horgan.

Phil - What has been going on with McDonnell and Blanchfield / other players?

Surely they are wanted by L1 / L2 / conference clubs for loans? Just find the whole situation with many of ours not going out on loan considering how good many of them supposedly are. Surreal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024