Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benyu with Champions League assist. 22:16 - Jul 19 with 7762 viewsBurwell_Blue

"and Benyu's grace on the ball posed the visitors more problems. He was involved in the build-up to the final goal, smashed home by another substitute, Armstrong."

I know I shouldn't post that but there you go
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:19 - Jul 19 with 6835 viewsFtnfwest

Doesn't count
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:19 - Jul 19 with 6839 viewsCurrie10

I'm beyond caring what he does.

Mick apparently wanted to keep him, Benyu didn't want to stay.

Apparently Benyu had zero interest in going out on loan and had to be convinced to go.

Benyu himself even admits his attitude was shocking two years ago.

We move on. If the academy wasn't producing others I'd care more however now we have Klug back and he's had time to get the lads going, we've got several coming through.

Good luck Benyu in your career but I cannot say I'm remotely bothered you left based on what I've read.
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:21 - Jul 19 with 6823 viewsitfcjoe

Good on him for progressing, and playing in CL a big achievement for him - but that's not an assist

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:34 - Jul 19 with 6724 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

who were they playing? Milan, Barca, Bayern?

.....ah, Linfield.

Impressive.

Lets have some context hey. Its not even the Champions League.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 22:36]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:35 - Jul 19 with 6717 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:19 - Jul 19 by Currie10

Apparently Benyu had zero interest in going out on loan and had to be convinced to go.

We move on. If the academy wasn't producing others I'd care more however now we have Klug back and he's had time to get the lads going, we've got several coming through.

Good luck Benyu in your career but I cannot say I'm remotely bothered you left based on what I've read.

...but he's scored against Linfield, so that proves....

...ah, nothing.

Youre right, lets move on.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:37 - Jul 19 with 6696 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:21 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

Good on him for progressing, and playing in CL a big achievement for him - but that's not an assist

..its also not the Champions League.

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:38 - Jul 19 with 6690 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Do we get a fee for him?
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:46 - Jul 19 with 6644 viewsblueislander

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:35 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

...but he's scored against Linfield, so that proves....

...ah, nothing.

Youre right, lets move on.

Linfield would struggle in the Conference.
Login to get fewer ads

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:51 - Jul 19 with 6624 viewsZacak

What's your point, he chose to leave. It's not another Jordan Rhodes scenario so get over it. You know we could have signed Gascoigne 😥😥
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 9:09]
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:55 - Jul 19 with 6601 viewsblueislander

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:51 - Jul 19 by Zacak

What's your point, he chose to leave. It's not another Jordan Rhodes scenario so get over it. You know we could have signed Gascoigne 😥😥
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 9:09]

"Could of" Oh Dear!
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 09:09 - Jul 20 with 6251 viewsZacak

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 22:55 - Jul 19 by blueislander

"Could of" Oh Dear!

😂😂😂😂
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 10:15 - Jul 20 with 6154 viewsbraveblue

Bad attitude TWO years ago. Thought MM was a great man manager. Could be another of his shocking decisions.
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 10:22 - Jul 20 with 6117 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 10:15 - Jul 20 by braveblue

Bad attitude TWO years ago. Thought MM was a great man manager. Could be another of his shocking decisions.

Trying to take up the extension on his contract was a shocking decision?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 10:29 - Jul 20 with 6085 viewsKieran_Knows

Even Benyu admitted himself that he had been a bit of a d*ck, so I don't really get your point?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 10:30 - Jul 20 with 6076 viewsLankHenners

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 10:22 - Jul 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Play fair. No-one needs pesky facts getting in the way of a blub.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 11:26 - Jul 20 with 5988 viewsDublinBlue84

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 10:22 - Jul 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The club spent the best part of six months claiming we had an option on him that they could trigger at any time.

Then right at the last minute they offered him a new deal and turned out they didn't have an option on him that was under their control

It's common sense not to wait until the last minute to offer someone a contract when it'c close to expiring especially if you don't have an option you can trigger.

If he goes onto become a good player at a high level then absolutely the club have to take the blame because of that.

The argument that he never did anything before his loan spell is also laughable. You can use that rule for anything with any footballer.

"He never had potential before he did." kinda nonsense.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 12:10 - Jul 20 with 5917 viewsLankHenners

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 11:26 - Jul 20 by DublinBlue84

The club spent the best part of six months claiming we had an option on him that they could trigger at any time.

Then right at the last minute they offered him a new deal and turned out they didn't have an option on him that was under their control

It's common sense not to wait until the last minute to offer someone a contract when it'c close to expiring especially if you don't have an option you can trigger.

If he goes onto become a good player at a high level then absolutely the club have to take the blame because of that.

The argument that he never did anything before his loan spell is also laughable. You can use that rule for anything with any footballer.

So we should never get rid of anyone on the off-chance they suddenly become good enough to play? Crikey.

The timing of the triggering is pretty irrelevant - I'd imagine most extensions get triggered close to the end of expiry.

We were all ready to send Benyu off, then decided we wanted to keep him, couldn't trigger the contract easily, he (by various accounts) was influenced by people close to him to demand more than what he would have been given, left and got signed up by someone else. If he ends up becoming a good player then good for him, if not, shame. We have quite a few good promising players in his position anyway so it's hardly a crucial loss.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 12:16 - Jul 20 with 5885 viewsTheBlueBarca

Is our Academy really producing though? I would say we're a long way off.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 12:17 - Jul 20 with 5884 viewsBlueNomad

Whose decision? Not Mick's.
Benyu with Champions League assist. on 12:19 - Jul 20 with 5858 viewsitfcjoe

I agree there is a fault with the club - but where does it lie?

If Mick is told by the people that deals with contracts that there is an option on there, which he was clearly lead to believe, then that obviously affects how urgent tieing him up was.

Ultimately what could Mick do, we were never going to be able to match Celtic offer once this option was revealed to be botched!

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 12:36 - Jul 20 with 5815 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That's nice, but how does that make it a shocking decision by Mick?

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 12:46 - Jul 20 with 5782 viewsDublinBlue84

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 12:19 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

I agree there is a fault with the club - but where does it lie?

If Mick is told by the people that deals with contracts that there is an option on there, which he was clearly lead to believe, then that obviously affects how urgent tieing him up was.

Ultimately what could Mick do, we were never going to be able to match Celtic offer once this option was revealed to be botched!

That is my point - the club didn't offer him a new contract earlier because they believed they had an option they could trigger, but in reality they did not.

You will notice that I never mentioned Mick, it's an issue in relation to the way the club and contracts of our young players are managed and there should right now be a review of other youngsters contracts to ensure that nobody else has a so called option which isn't an option in reality.

My issue is the botched option more than anything and how we can allow any youngster to get right to the end of their contract because we believe there is no prospect to losing him, only for right at the end to realise that actually we don't have the option and by that time he is able to speak to other clubs.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 12:48]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 13:02 - Jul 20 with 5740 viewsPhilTWTD

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 12:46 - Jul 20 by DublinBlue84

That is my point - the club didn't offer him a new contract earlier because they believed they had an option they could trigger, but in reality they did not.

You will notice that I never mentioned Mick, it's an issue in relation to the way the club and contracts of our young players are managed and there should right now be a review of other youngsters contracts to ensure that nobody else has a so called option which isn't an option in reality.

My issue is the botched option more than anything and how we can allow any youngster to get right to the end of their contract because we believe there is no prospect to losing him, only for right at the end to realise that actually we don't have the option and by that time he is able to speak to other clubs.

That's not actually true, they made it clear he would be offered a new contract in addition to taking the option. However, his agents opted to tout him around and ultimately found an interested party.

Clearly there are questions regarding the option and why there was the expectation it was a fait accompli that Town could keep him for an additional year when there was a condition which hadn't been met (not sure quite what it was before anyone asks), but a longer term deal was put on the table in March.

Benyu's Loan Extended and Set for New Deal 30th Mar 2017 16:44
Manager Mick McCarthy has confirmed that midfielder Kundai Benyu will be getting a new contract, the 19-year-old’s loan with Vanarama National League side Aldershot having been extended to the end of the season. 1

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 13:49 - Jul 20 with 5628 viewsitfcjoe

In that case I totally agree with you, I hope it was one of the new club secretary's tasks to ensure all our contracts are properly worded.

Benyu with Champions League assist. on 13:56 - Jul 20 with 5597 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree fully the club needs to learn lessons from this. Confusion re Mick was as the post you were replying to was re Mick being at fault or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024