Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assombalonga 21:43 - Jul 26 with 9412 viewsJ2BLUE

£15m....

Bloody hell.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Assombalonga on 21:44 - Jul 26 with 7643 viewsTractorWood

The perception of guaranteed goals costs big money. If he stays fit you'd expect 20 goals.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Assombalonga on 21:45 - Jul 26 with 7631 viewsMullet

Assombalonga on 21:44 - Jul 26 by TractorWood

The perception of guaranteed goals costs big money. If he stays fit you'd expect 20 goals.

If he stays fit I'd expect the apocalypse or something equally monumental.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Assombalonga on 21:52 - Jul 26 with 7563 viewschristiand

A good bit of business for both clubs.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Assombalonga on 21:55 - Jul 26 with 7529 viewsclive_baker

Best striker in the league by some distance IMO but yes, another example of the ludicrous transfer fees in today's game.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Assombalonga on 21:57 - Jul 26 with 7505 viewsJimmy86

Assombalonga on 21:45 - Jul 26 by Mullet

He did well to come back from a horrific knee injury and still tore us a new 1 in both games last season. If he hadn't got the injury he'd have had 2-3 seasons in the prem by now. Goalscorers cost money
Assombalonga on 22:00 - Jul 26 with 7469 viewsMullet

Assombalonga on 21:57 - Jul 26 by Jimmy86

He did well to come back from a horrific knee injury and still tore us a new 1 in both games last season. If he hadn't got the injury he'd have had 2-3 seasons in the prem by now. Goalscorers cost money

Indeed but plenty of strikers could have been World/Prem/pro grade if it wasn't for their dodgy injuries innit.

Ishmael Miller always springs to mind as someone robbed of an excellent career because of knee issues. Good luck to him, but I can't imagine he'll last a season again. Radio Notts were suggesting he doesn't look after himself either which can't help.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Assombalonga on 22:01 - Jul 26 with 7457 viewschristiand

Not where our owner is concerned £1m or less is his target range!

Assombalonga on 22:03 - Jul 26 with 7438 viewsJ2BLUE

Assombalonga on 22:01 - Jul 26 by christiand

I think Garner for £1m is bloody good business when we see some of the fees going round.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Assombalonga on 22:04 - Jul 26 with 7421 viewsJimmy86

Assombalonga on 22:01 - Jul 26 by christiand

Its a more sensible fee compared to previous seasons and evidence that Evans is providing slightly more backing. But in today's climate it is peanuts
Assombalonga on 22:05 - Jul 26 with 7420 viewsElderGrizzly

Catch up :)

Best bit was they went on Twitter to clarify it was £15m not £14m 🙄
Assombalonga on 22:08 - Jul 26 with 7375 viewschristiand

Assombalonga on 22:03 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

I think Garner for £1m is bloody good business when we see some of the fees going round.

Garner hasn't done anything yet, let's wait until the real business starts not meaningless friendlies when most teams are experimenting with their sides and the intensity is at 80%.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 22:12]

Assombalonga on 22:10 - Jul 26 with 7353 viewsElderGrizzly

Assombalonga on 22:08 - Jul 26 by christiand

Garner hasn't done anything yet, let's wait until the real business starts not meaningless friendlies when most teams are experimenting with their sides and the intensity is at 80%.

Based on that logic, no-one has done anything yet then...
Assombalonga on 22:11 - Jul 26 with 7339 viewsclive_baker

Why are you assuming he's being judged on a few friendlies rather than his professional career to date? If Assombalonga can be regarded as good business before he's kicked a ball why can't Garner?

Assombalonga on 22:18 - Jul 26 with 7280 viewschristiand

Assombalonga on 22:11 - Jul 26 by clive_baker

Why are you assuming he's being judged on a few friendlies rather than his professional career to date? If Assombalonga can be regarded as good business before he's kicked a ball why can't Garner?

Because as you well know Clive Baker some on here are getting a little over excited by his 6 goals from 5 games in pre season against League 1 and lower opposition. When you look at both their career scoring records Garner has a record of 1 goal every 3+ games, Britt has a record of 1 goal every 2 games. Is that clearer?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 22:19]

Assombalonga on 22:21 - Jul 26 with 7251 viewsclive_baker

Assombalonga on 22:18 - Jul 26 by christiand

Because as you well know Clive Baker some on here are getting a little over excited by his 6 goals from 5 games in pre season against League 1 and lower opposition. When you look at both their career scoring records Garner has a record of 1 goal every 3+ games, Britt has a record of 1 goal every 2 games. Is that clearer?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 22:19]

Hence why one is £1m and one is £15m. We aren't discussing who is better out of the 2, that's pretty obvious and reflected in the price. So no, not clear. The point is you jumped to an assumption that a player is being judged on a few friendly matches, which you don't know is the case. Friendlies aside I would agree Garner is a decent bit of business for £1m based on what I've seen of him.

Assombalonga on 22:30 - Jul 26 with 7182 viewschristiand

Assombalonga on 22:21 - Jul 26 by clive_baker

Hence why one is £1m and one is £15m. We aren't discussing who is better out of the 2, that's pretty obvious and reflected in the price. So no, not clear. The point is you jumped to an assumption that a player is being judged on a few friendly matches, which you don't know is the case. Friendlies aside I would agree Garner is a decent bit of business for £1m based on what I've seen of him.

You are being completely delusional if that is the basis of your argument. How do you know people aren't making their judgement on his performances from the friendly matches? We are all PNE, Rangers and Forest fans now too? No one should be basing their assumptions on friendly results or performances, it's when the league campaign begins is when we'll see properly, when the competitive juices are in full flow and the intensity is cranked up to 100%. No good for all Garner's goals in pre season, if he his missing important league matches through his petulance?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 6:04]

Assombalonga on 22:37 - Jul 26 with 7146 viewsclive_baker

Assombalonga on 22:30 - Jul 26 by christiand

You are being completely delusional if that is the basis of your argument. How do you know people aren't making their judgement on his performances from the friendly matches? We are all PNE, Rangers and Forest fans now too? No one should be basing their assumptions on friendly results or performances, it's when the league campaign begins is when we'll see properly, when the competitive juices are in full flow and the intensity is cranked up to 100%. No good for all Garner's goals in pre season, if he his missing important league matches through his petulance?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 6:04]

Town Confirm Garner Signing 16th Jun 2017 20:47
Town have confirmed the signing of Joe Garner from Rangers on a three-year deal. On Sunday, TWTD revealed that the Blues were closing in on the recruitment of the 29-year-old. 39

Read the comments. Before he had kicked a ball in a friendly the sentiment among our fans seemed good, and rightly so. So I would suggest you're the one being dillusional.

Goodnight.

Assombalonga on 23:53 - Jul 26 with 6950 viewsTractorWood

Assombalonga on 21:45 - Jul 26 by Mullet

He's no Jonny Williams

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Assombalonga on 06:10 - Jul 27 with 6817 viewschristiand

Assombalonga on 22:37 - Jul 26 by clive_baker

Town Confirm Garner Signing 16th Jun 2017 20:47
Town have confirmed the signing of Joe Garner from Rangers on a three-year deal. On Sunday, TWTD revealed that the Blues were closing in on the recruitment of the 29-year-old. 39

Read the comments. Before he had kicked a ball in a friendly the sentiment among our fans seemed good, and rightly so. So I would suggest you're the one being dillusional.

Goodnight.

Let's wait and see. Lots of the comments there are based on ME actually putting his hand in his pocket and paying a transfer fee - more surprise if anything, rather actually knowing too much about Garner as a player. That's not being delusional.

Assombalonga on 06:26 - Jul 27 with 6785 viewsBenters

The Golden rule on here is as follows;

Win a pre season game and its yaays and 5 highs all around.

Lose a pre season game,and its all shuffling about and 'pre season games dont count for anything'.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Assombalonga on 06:28 - Jul 27 with 6780 viewsBenters

This.

Gentlybentley

Assombalonga on 06:35 - Jul 27 with 6763 viewsbluewein

Assombalonga on 06:26 - Jul 27 by Benters

Lose a pre season game,and its all shuffling about and 'pre season games dont count for anything'.

Of course this doesn't fit in at all with your "win pre season games and don't hear a word/lose and we're fcuked" mentality, does it...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Assombalonga on 06:44 - Jul 27 with 6737 viewsBenters

Assombalonga on 06:35 - Jul 27 by bluewein

Of course this doesn't fit in at all with your "win pre season games and don't hear a word/lose and we're fcuked" mentality, does it...?

If we had a friendly against West Ham and we beat them i would have been more excited.

To score 1 goal v Colwho is hardly the stuff off wet dreams is it?

Some on here were predicting 4 and 5 nils lol .

Gentlybentley

Assombalonga on 06:46 - Jul 27 with 6737 viewsJ2BLUE

Assombalonga on 06:26 - Jul 27 by Benters

I know you aren't overly concerned about facts but can you post one single example of a poster taking pre season seriously until we lost a game?

As for Garner, people were suggesting him as a signing for several seasons before he joined Rangers. Often people on here are posting about a player i've never even heard of but to claim people are only excited about Garner because of his pre season goals is just ridiculous.

Truly impaired.

Assombalonga on 06:53 - Jul 27 with 6711 viewsBenters

Assombalonga on 06:46 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

I know you aren't overly concerned about facts but can you post one single example of a poster taking pre season seriously until we lost a game?

As for Garner, people were suggesting him as a signing for several seasons before he joined Rangers. Often people on here are posting about a player i've never even heard of but to claim people are only excited about Garner because of his pre season goals is just ridiculous.

I got as far as 'facts'.

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024