Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton team .. 10:02 - Aug 6 with 3195 viewsITFCBlues

Gerken

Kenlock Webster Chambers Iorfa

Downes Nydam

Celina McGoldrick Rowe

Morris?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Luton team .. on 10:07 - Aug 6 with 3163 viewsclive_baker

Bart
Spence Webster Smith Kenlock
Rowe Skuse Downes Celina
McGoldrick Folami

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Luton team .. on 10:11 - Aug 6 with 3144 viewspointofblue

I don't think anyone from yesterday will play on Tuesday, except possibly Iorfa and/or Spence.

Chambers has come back from a tonsils operation so I can't see him being risked due to potential fatigue. Downes was also 'dead on his feet' prior to Charlton, if I recall Mick correctly, and he may he needed at Barnsley.

The rest are a possibility - I fully expect Gerken, Kenlock, Nydam and Rowe to play; the question is how much Mick values match fitness for Webster, Cellina and McGoldrick or whether he feels it wouldn't be beneficial in this case.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Luton team .. on 10:15 - Aug 6 with 3120 viewsclive_baker

Luton team .. on 10:11 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

I don't think anyone from yesterday will play on Tuesday, except possibly Iorfa and/or Spence.

Chambers has come back from a tonsils operation so I can't see him being risked due to potential fatigue. Downes was also 'dead on his feet' prior to Charlton, if I recall Mick correctly, and he may he needed at Barnsley.

The rest are a possibility - I fully expect Gerken, Kenlock, Nydam and Rowe to play; the question is how much Mick values match fitness for Webster, Cellina and McGoldrick or whether he feels it wouldn't be beneficial in this case.

He might see it as a good opportunity to get half an hour of competitive football under the belts of McGoldrick, Celina, Webster etc.

Would be nice to avoid extra time and have plenty of options for Barnsley.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Luton team .. on 10:16 - Aug 6 with 3108 viewsgainsboroughblue

Looks more like our side to me.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Luton team .. on 10:26 - Aug 6 with 3049 viewsITFCBlues

Luton team .. on 10:11 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

I'd say Webster, Mcgoldrick & Celina are nailed on & probably Chambers as well. They've all missed a lot of pre-season so will be better for extra minutes. Same with Iorfa.

Luton team .. on 10:32 - Aug 6 with 3001 viewsblueislander

Luton team .. on 10:26 - Aug 6 by ITFCBlues

I'd say Webster, Mcgoldrick & Celina are nailed on & probably Chambers as well. They've all missed a lot of pre-season so will be better for extra minutes. Same with Iorfa.

I very much fear that, whichever eleven starts, we are going to get beaten. You could dismiss Luton's result yesterday as a freak, but they are obviously pretty decent. We have lost cup matches to teams much worse than them over the past few years.
Luton team .. on 10:43 - Aug 6 with 2961 viewsstrikalite

The Dozzell injury has rocked us to how quickly the squad can look weak, it's difficult to rest too many looking at what we have, especially upfront if we're looking to rest/protect Garner which is a priority, Sears for me needs a goal to get him going so I'd play him for 75 mins or so.....our options just seem limited, but...

Gerks

Iorfa Chambers Smith Knudson
Skuse Nydam
Rowe McG Celina
Sears

Christ it's now that we realize how desperately we need another striker....that's without anyone picking up a dreaded injury or even a knock..
Luton team .. on 10:50 - Aug 6 with 2939 viewstextbackup

Luton team .. on 10:43 - Aug 6 by strikalite

The Dozzell injury has rocked us to how quickly the squad can look weak, it's difficult to rest too many looking at what we have, especially upfront if we're looking to rest/protect Garner which is a priority, Sears for me needs a goal to get him going so I'd play him for 75 mins or so.....our options just seem limited, but...

Gerks

Iorfa Chambers Smith Knudson
Skuse Nydam
Rowe McG Celina
Sears

Christ it's now that we realize how desperately we need another striker....that's without anyone picking up a dreaded injury or even a knock..

McG Celina

for a good 30secs im thinking "who the fck is this player?!"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Luton team .. on 10:52 - Aug 6 with 2929 viewspointofblue

I'm going to guess at:

Gerken
Iorfa - Spence - Webster - Kenlock
Cellina - Nydam - Huws - Rowe
McGoldrick - Folami

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Luton team .. on 11:11 - Aug 6 with 2887 viewsitfcjoe

I imagine the 7 subs will all start (except possibly Downes) and anyone with squad number who didn't play yesterday - supplemented by those who had a full pre season or need more minutes:

----------------------Gerken--------------------
Iorfa/Spence---Webster----Smith---Kenlock
Rowe-------Nydam---------Skuse------Celina
-----------------McG---------Sears/Garner----

Only worry there is CM, as Skuse not had many minutes in pre season so may be someone else (Bru?) but I'd expect something like that if Adeyemi or Huws not ready which i doubt they will be

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Luton team .. on 11:11 - Aug 6 with 2885 viewsYallop

I wouldn't risk McGoldrick in any cup games. He'll be needed away at Barnsley and Millwall at some point in both to try and get hold of the ball.
Luton team .. on 11:18 - Aug 6 with 2860 viewsstrikalite

Luton team .. on 11:11 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

I imagine the 7 subs will all start (except possibly Downes) and anyone with squad number who didn't play yesterday - supplemented by those who had a full pre season or need more minutes:

----------------------Gerken--------------------
Iorfa/Spence---Webster----Smith---Kenlock
Rowe-------Nydam---------Skuse------Celina
-----------------McG---------Sears/Garner----

Only worry there is CM, as Skuse not had many minutes in pre season so may be someone else (Bru?) but I'd expect something like that if Adeyemi or Huws not ready which i doubt they will be

Adeyemi, Huws and now Dozzell.....that's how quickly things can change at this level with injuries, now we're suddenly down to bare bones in the middle..
Luton team .. on 11:18 - Aug 6 with 2858 viewsITFCBlues

Luton team .. on 11:11 - Aug 6 by Yallop

I wouldn't risk McGoldrick in any cup games. He'll be needed away at Barnsley and Millwall at some point in both to try and get hold of the ball.

But he's short of minutes and match fitness

Luton team .. on 11:22 - Aug 6 with 2847 viewsYallop

Luton team .. on 11:18 - Aug 6 by ITFCBlues

But he's short of minutes and match fitness

He's more likely to pull his hammy. Give him a slow week and the second half at Barnsley.
Luton team .. on 23:28 - Aug 6 with 2618 viewsEireannach_gorm

We need to play Adam McDonnell or let him go. I think we have blaggarded him long enough and need to decided either way. When he came from Ireland he had a fantastic pedigree but we couldn't play him. When we could we got Duoglas and Coke in instead. Been at the club since 2014 and played one League and one Cup game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024