Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? 21:52 - Aug 16 with 24977 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Following this on the bbc http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40946700
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 12:52 - Aug 17 with 3796 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thinking about this a bit more, the last player to leave where i was really disapointed was when Neil Alexander went to Rangers halfway through the season. We were top six at the time.

I had seen him save a penalty against Plymouth in a January midweek game, flew home in the morning and when I got in my car at the airport TalkSport announced he had left.

I was gutted.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 12:53 - Aug 17 with 3796 viewsReuser_is_God

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 12:47 - Aug 17 by CaptMickMills

Jordan Rhodes

Grow a pair you soppy melt

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 13:02 - Aug 17 with 3778 viewsrickw

Darren Ambrose for me too.
I knew we were in administration at the time and would be selling off most of the team that took us to 5th in the Prem, but the consolation to me was we had some really talented kids who we could base the team on and start again.
Then we sold Ambrose for just 500k - who I thought had the most potential.... :-(

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 13:06 - Aug 17 with 3776 viewsTractorCam

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 12:53 - Aug 17 by Reuser_is_God

Grow a pair you soppy melt

Are you telling me you weren't heart broken when a guy with 10 first team appearances was sold to a lower league club?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 13:42 - Aug 17 with 3756 viewsBOjK

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 13:02 - Aug 17 by rickw

Darren Ambrose for me too.
I knew we were in administration at the time and would be selling off most of the team that took us to 5th in the Prem, but the consolation to me was we had some really talented kids who we could base the team on and start again.
Then we sold Ambrose for just 500k - who I thought had the most potential.... :-(

He did have most potential. Best young player I've seen come through at Portman Road.

We sold him so we could pay the wages that month. Looking back our administrator was somewhat more aggressive is liquidating our assets than others have been.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 13:55 - Aug 17 with 3740 viewsbahri

Jimmy Robertson

redandella

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 15:40 - Aug 17 with 3700 viewssolemio

Rod Belfitt. Although it all worked out rather well.

Actually Butcher; it signalled the end of an era, and at the time it seemed so, not just with the benefit of hindsight.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 15:47 - Aug 17 with 3698 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 11:43 - Aug 17 by BOjK

In no order:

Dozzell. In those days players couldn't leave on Bosmans, so although he was out-of-contract with us we could still demand a transfer fee for him. I remember waiting all Summer hoping he'd eventually sign his contract, but then the Spurs news broke. Gutted.

Taricco. Obviously. Such a wonderful player and the heartbeat of our side. What was really irritating was our scout (whose name escapes me) had moved to Spurs a little bit before this and must have waxed lyrical about the lad. Still, we had some good times.

Sixto Peralta. We had him on loan from Inter, and to me he was the highlight of our relegation season. Really classy and there were news stories suggesting that maybe we would be able to sign him the following season. But then it seems the harsh economic realities set in and we weren't able to. I'd resigned myself to a few of the senior players leaving, but not being able to rebuild was a blow.

I believe you are thinking of Charlie Woods?
Login to get fewer ads

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 17:00 - Aug 17 with 3658 viewsBOjK

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 15:47 - Aug 17 by Bad_Boy_Mark

I believe you are thinking of Charlie Woods?

That's the chap.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 17:14 - Aug 17 with 3644 viewsTJS

Been following Town since 1992 and definitely Taricco for me.
I'll never forget his goal against Norwich in front of the North Stand in 1997.
The clips only show his finish but it was the culmination of about 20 passes of total football that took their defence apart.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 17:38 - Aug 17 with 3633 viewsLord_Lucan

I suppose pick one from Mariner, Brazil or Muhren as this signalled that it was all over.

Modern day Tarrico and Shefki.

Actually I reckon the answer should be Sir Bobby Robson.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 17:57 - Aug 17 with 3617 viewsMuswellblue

Dyer

I've been disappointed about departures since, but even though we gained promotion the next season, that one broke my heart!
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 17:58 - Aug 17 with 3611 viewsBluebell

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:58 - Aug 17 by hoppy

Was Naylor for his movie star looks too?

Naylor was a really good looking guy.

One day I will show you a pic I have of him and me together.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 17:59 - Aug 17 with 3602 viewsvapour_trail

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 17:58 - Aug 17 by Bluebell

The long awaited twtdadult spin off.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 18:05 - Aug 17 with 3590 viewsLord_Lucan

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 17:58 - Aug 17 by Bluebell

My then teenage daughter had a crush on him. In Milan we were staying in the same hotels as the players. Being the responsible parent I am I gave her some money to get some drinks in and when she saw Naylor she almost dropped the tray.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:29 - Aug 17 with 3501 viewsjeera

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 18:05 - Aug 17 by Lord_Lucan

My then teenage daughter had a crush on him. In Milan we were staying in the same hotels as the players. Being the responsible parent I am I gave her some money to get some drinks in and when she saw Naylor she almost dropped the tray.

Can't say I ever fancied the guy myself, but he was certainly an underrated contributor in my opinion.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:32 - Aug 17 with 3498 viewsSuperfrans

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:33 - Aug 17 by MaySixth

Did you know that Talbot got tapped up in the tunnel before the 78 Cup Final?

I had heard that, but never had it confirmed. Has Talbot confirmed it himself? Shocking, if so.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 21:33]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:41 - Aug 17 with 3487 viewssolemio

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:32 - Aug 17 by Superfrans

I had heard that, but never had it confirmed. Has Talbot confirmed it himself? Shocking, if so.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 21:33]

Yes, disgraceful, but his departure left the midfield clear for the Dutch boys, so no great disaster for ITFC.

Good all-action box to box player though, Tablet.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 01:12 - Aug 18 with 3449 viewsCanadianBlue

Marcus Stewart, who's scoring got me supporting Ipswich, and Martijn Reuser leaving definitely tugged at the heart strings. I still hold a little resent against Joe Royle for falling out with Reuser.

Kelvin Davis leaving is pretty close too. Really thought we had a good thing going with him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024