Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen Dolly thread about being held back 09:20 - Aug 17 with 3062 viewsPendejo

which reminded me that as I got on my bus heading toward New Cross Gate two Galloways coaches turned RIGHT from Ilderton Road toward Central London rather than left towards Greenwich & Blackwall Tunnel.

Anyone on here admit to being part of the "Galloways Gang" - assume you crossed the river at Tower Bridge or did you go sight seeing?
If you crossed at Tower Bridge and went straight home, hope you enjoyed stopping at numerous traffic lights.

Back to original thread. Did seem longer than previous occasions when we were held back, so much so the streets were virtually empty [Ilderton Road anyway] of pedestrians.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:26 - Aug 17 with 3021 viewsPJH

I make no apologies for going to every away League game by coach.

Yes, we did go over Tower Bridge and yes, driver did say we are going sight seeing.
(Christ knows why).

Also yes, we got stuck in traffic and went down various side streets narrowly missing parked cars(and some moving ones)and eventually came out via Whitechapel on M11 and then M25.

Even saw a sign for Romford!
Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:28 - Aug 17 with 2991 viewsFixed_It

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:26 - Aug 17 by PJH

Yes, we did go over Tower Bridge and yes, driver did say we are going sight seeing.
(Christ knows why).

Also yes, we got stuck in traffic and went down various side streets narrowly missing parked cars(and some moving ones)and eventually came out via Whitechapel on M11 and then M25.

You were looking for the Millwall mob really weren't you - admit it!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:31 - Aug 17 with 2994 viewsITFC_Forever

(Christ knows why).

I used to go to Wimbledon for stock cars fairly regularly until it closed a few months ago.... our usual route to go there was via A13, the Rotherhithe tunnel, then Bermondsey, Elephant & Castle and across from there via Clapham.

Then the same in reverse, but over the Tower Bridge and back out along the A13.

Although the return journey was 10pm on a Sunday evening, which helped.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:31 - Aug 17 with 2992 viewsPJH

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:28 - Aug 17 by Fixed_It

You were looking for the Millwall mob really weren't you - admit it!

I have no idea what we were doing but driver seemed to think it was a good idea.

Was it you that commented about the driver that took us to Lincoln (might not have been you) because it was the same driver.
Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:36 - Aug 17 with 2968 viewsFixed_It

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:31 - Aug 17 by PJH

I have no idea what we were doing but driver seemed to think it was a good idea.

Was it you that commented about the driver that took us to Lincoln (might not have been you) because it was the same driver.

Not me, no. What time did the coach get back to Ipswich?

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:40 - Aug 17 with 2960 viewsNewcyBlue

(Christ knows why).

A sign for Romford? I didn't think he was that well known other than our forum....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:40 - Aug 17 with 2960 viewsPJH

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:36 - Aug 17 by Fixed_It

Not me, no. What time did the coach get back to Ipswich?

About 0030.

Somebody on here that does not normally go by coach went to Lincoln on one of the coaches and were not impressed with the driver.
I thought that it might have been you,I might look back to see who it was.
Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:50 - Aug 17 with 2904 viewsBenters

I went to Watford once on those coaches,we got lost in Watford and turned up at ko .

Ive worked in Bermondsey and we have crossed the Thames using Tower Bridge.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:51 - Aug 17 with 2893 viewsPJH

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:40 - Aug 17 by NewcyBlue

A sign for Romford? I didn't think he was that well known other than our forum....

Yes there was a sign that said "Rommy this way".
Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:53 - Aug 17 with 2870 viewsFixed_It

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:51 - Aug 17 by PJH

Yes there was a sign that said "Rommy this way".

He gets easily lost.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 10:01 - Aug 17 with 2849 viewsITFC_Forever

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:40 - Aug 17 by PJH

About 0030.

Somebody on here that does not normally go by coach went to Lincoln on one of the coaches and were not impressed with the driver.
I thought that it might have been you,I might look back to see who it was.

Might well have been me.

I went to Lincoln on the coaches (no. 1 I think) and we had a driver who was very chummy with the mafia at the front and made loads of crap jokes to try and get some laughs from them.

And then proceeded to get us lost in Lincoln down a side-street near the ground.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 10:48 - Aug 17 with 2766 viewsLord_Lucan

(Christ knows why).

Bus W@nker.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 12:05 - Aug 17 with 2673 viewsfactual_blue

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 10:48 - Aug 17 by Lord_Lucan

Bus W@nker.

As opposed to a banned w@nker.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 12:09 - Aug 17 with 2667 viewsfactual_blue

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 09:50 - Aug 17 by Benters

I went to Watford once on those coaches,we got lost in Watford and turned up at ko .

Ive worked in Bermondsey and we have crossed the Thames using Tower Bridge.

I bet you were on Albert Gunter's bus when he famously went over Tower Bridge.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 12:17 - Aug 17 with 2642 viewsBasuco

(Christ knows why).

That is not a particularly bad route, traffic would have been busy along Commercial Road, although I personally would have gone down the highway to Lime House after crossing Tower Bridge, then onto A13, can coach's go through the Lime House link? Can they go through the Rotherhithe tunnel as well?
Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 19:30 - Aug 17 with 2476 viewsPJH

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 10:01 - Aug 17 by ITFC_Forever

Might well have been me.

I went to Lincoln on the coaches (no. 1 I think) and we had a driver who was very chummy with the mafia at the front and made loads of crap jokes to try and get some laughs from them.

And then proceeded to get us lost in Lincoln down a side-street near the ground.

Yes, it was you-I eventually found the thread from January.
Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 23:04 - Aug 17 with 2359 viewsFreddies_Ears

Just seen Dolly thread about being held back on 12:17 - Aug 17 by Basuco

That is not a particularly bad route, traffic would have been busy along Commercial Road, although I personally would have gone down the highway to Lime House after crossing Tower Bridge, then onto A13, can coach's go through the Lime House link? Can they go through the Rotherhithe tunnel as well?

Limehouse link was shut for roadworks. Coaches can't do Rotherhithe Tunnel. Tower Bridge would have been a good option if it hadn't been for the Limehouse issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024