Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? 21:52 - Aug 16 with 24979 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Following this on the bbc http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40946700
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:12 - Aug 17 with 6623 viewsWickwar_Blue

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 00:31 - Aug 17 by pennyfathersleg

Can't believe no one has mentioned him yet, but I was devastated when Kieron left. I still think he's the most naturally talented player I've ever watched at PR.

Scoring against Watford with a broken leg was pretty cool 😜

Oddly I remember being more angry at Dyer for wanting to go! Ipswich lad, felt like we were on the cusp of finally making it across the line..... should stick with us.

With the benefit of nearly 20 years hindsight I realise the difference between being a fan and being a professional footballer!
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:15 - Aug 17 with 6616 viewstheinbetweener

Holland and Hermann for me. Gaardsoe and Stewart other memorable mentions. Those were some dark, dark days financially, watching that great team get dismantled so quickly and cheaply. Pure ruthlessness and heartbreak.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:21 - Aug 17 with 6602 viewsBluebell

Matt Holland for me.

His passion (and good looks) always made me love him.

I was in love with Richard Naylor too!
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:41 - Aug 17 with 6575 viewsLesta_Tractor

Micky Stockwell leaving for Col Who

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Dozzell & Kiwomya. (n/t) on 08:43 - Aug 17 with 6572 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Dozzell & Kiwomya. (n/t) on 08:44 - Aug 17 with 6570 viewsdalianwasexciting

Dozzell & Kiwomya. (n/t) on 08:43 - Aug 17 by Bloots

Dalian Atkinson - not least because of the relatively low (£450k) fee.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:58 - Aug 17 with 6555 viewshoppy

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:21 - Aug 17 by Bluebell

Matt Holland for me.

His passion (and good looks) always made me love him.

I was in love with Richard Naylor too!

Was Naylor for his movie star looks too?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:04 - Aug 17 with 6550 viewsChiefXL

Taricco

It still hurts
Login to get fewer ads

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:05 - Aug 17 with 6546 viewsMaySixth

Kevin Wilson to Chelsea

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:07 - Aug 17 with 6547 viewsPendejo

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 01:19 - Aug 17 by EatonBlue

Mr John Cobbold

I think history shows that his departure following that of SBR broke the heart of the club.

The ownership / management team of Mr John & Bobby had a small provincial club punching well above its weight across Europe.

Dozzy leaving I guess on the deepest personal level.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:25 - Aug 17 with 6532 viewsflimflam

John Wark to Liverpool. As an 11 year old lad having the watched the exploits f the previous few seasons it hurt me more than other players leaving.

Glad when he can back again though :-)

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:29 - Aug 17 with 6530 viewsSuperfrans

Brian Talbot.

I must have been 10 or 11 and the story was on the back page of the Sun that Arsenal has offered £440,000 for him (which was a huge amount then, around 1978/9). I cried at the breakfast table and my dad (a Spurs fan) put his arm around me and said, "I know son, that's how I felt when we sold Martin Chivers."

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:30 - Aug 17 with 6528 viewsMJallday

jason dozell. i was gutted when he went to spurs. thought we'd get more than the 1.7-2m for him as well

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:31 - Aug 17 with 6527 viewsSuperfrans

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:12 - Aug 17 by Wickwar_Blue

Oddly I remember being more angry at Dyer for wanting to go! Ipswich lad, felt like we were on the cusp of finally making it across the line..... should stick with us.

With the benefit of nearly 20 years hindsight I realise the difference between being a fan and being a professional footballer!

Kieron was the other one for me. Having seen him make his debut at 17 and look such a fabulous player, who was worth the entrance fee alone, it was a real slap in the face to see him go.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:33 - Aug 17 with 6520 viewsMaySixth

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:29 - Aug 17 by Superfrans

Brian Talbot.

I must have been 10 or 11 and the story was on the back page of the Sun that Arsenal has offered £440,000 for him (which was a huge amount then, around 1978/9). I cried at the breakfast table and my dad (a Spurs fan) put his arm around me and said, "I know son, that's how I felt when we sold Martin Chivers."

Did you know that Talbot got tapped up in the tunnel before the 78 Cup Final?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:58 - Aug 17 with 6488 viewsusm

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:33 - Aug 17 by MaySixth

Did you know that Talbot got tapped up in the tunnel before the 78 Cup Final?

No, but I heard he got pulled off at half time.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 10:19 - Aug 17 with 6467 viewshoppy

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:58 - Aug 17 by usm

No, but I heard he got pulled off at half time.

Was that Willie Young?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 10:24 - Aug 17 with 6467 viewsSomethingBlue

Taricco. I vividly remember not being able to concentrate for a second at school the next day — absolutely gutted.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 10:28 - Aug 17 with 6460 viewstheblueginger

Reuser and Bent.

De Vos' sudden retirement without prior warning at the end of 07/08 was a sad moment, especially as we left before his own extra lap of honour.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 10:34 - Aug 17 with 6458 viewstractordownsouth

I still miss Murph and have hated seeing him in a Newcastle/ Forest shirt since.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 11:25 - Aug 17 with 6428 viewssolemio

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 09:07 - Aug 17 by Pendejo

I think history shows that his departure following that of SBR broke the heart of the club.

The ownership / management team of Mr John & Bobby had a small provincial club punching well above its weight across Europe.

Dozzy leaving I guess on the deepest personal level.

This is purely from memory, but surely Mr John died some years before Bobby left.

Mr Patrick was the boss when we won the Cup, I think.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 11:43 - Aug 17 with 6410 viewsBOjK

In no order:

Dozzell. In those days players couldn't leave on Bosmans, so although he was out-of-contract with us we could still demand a transfer fee for him. I remember waiting all Summer hoping he'd eventually sign his contract, but then the Spurs news broke. Gutted.

Taricco. Obviously. Such a wonderful player and the heartbeat of our side. What was really irritating was our scout (whose name escapes me) had moved to Spurs a little bit before this and must have waxed lyrical about the lad. Still, we had some good times.

Sixto Peralta. We had him on loan from Inter, and to me he was the highlight of our relegation season. Really classy and there were news stories suggesting that maybe we would be able to sign him the following season. But then it seems the harsh economic realities set in and we weren't able to. I'd resigned myself to a few of the senior players leaving, but not being able to rebuild was a blow.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 12:00 - Aug 17 with 6381 viewsStenvict

Paul Taylor

Poll: What will be announced first?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 12:03 - Aug 17 with 6371 viewshoppy

Obviously, as well as Dalian Atkinson, the departure of Tabby was a sad day...

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 12:47 - Aug 17 with 6331 viewsCaptMickMills

Jordan Rhodes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024