Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? 21:52 - Aug 16 with 24978 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Following this on the bbc http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40946700
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:56 - Aug 16 with 5173 viewswaveneyblue

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:55 - Aug 16 by factual_blue

Sir Bobby

Butcher, Tarrico, Dozzell... In that order
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:10 - Aug 16 with 5136 viewsKilburnBlue

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:56 - Aug 16 by waveneyblue

Butcher, Tarrico, Dozzell... In that order

Nearly the same

Butcher, Atkinson then Tarrico for me.

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:16 - Aug 16 with 5122 viewsfactual_blue

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:02 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

Tarrico, Reuser and Ambrose.

Oh and Thomas Gaardose for 'footballing reasons' is something that still irks, even if I've come to terms with the fact that I was largely wrong about Joe Royle's reign in general.

Lee Bowyer is the name obviously missing from your list.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:18 - Aug 16 with 5118 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:10 - Aug 16 by KilburnBlue

Nearly the same

Butcher, Atkinson then Tarrico for me.

Butcher, Atkinson, Holland for me.

For my little boy, it was Daryl Murphy - Daryl was his hero; met him, got pictures with him, signed his book and football all at the open day last year.

Then we sold him 3 weeks later...
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:18 - Aug 16 with 5123 viewshoppy

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:18 - Aug 16 by hoppy

Exactly my thoughts as soon as I saw the thread title. You could feel the expectation in the air every time he got the ball.

RIP

The other thing that was a real disappointment about the deal was that Sheffield Wednesday then sold him just one season later for about £1.6m...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:26 - Aug 16 with 5103 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell, Kiwomya, Reuser, Stewie, Wright, Holland, Scowie.

Also David Johnson, although he had become surplus to requirements I loved him as a player, felt he had more to give.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:38 - Aug 16 with 5073 viewsKilburnBlue

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:18 - Aug 16 by hoppy

The other thing that was a real disappointment about the deal was that Sheffield Wednesday then sold him just one season later for about £1.6m...

Indeed. There was a buzz pulsating around the stadium every time he got the ball.

Did anyone else get the feeling John Duncan & Dalian never saw eye to eye? Just felt Duncan (for whatever reason) couldn't handle him & was one of the reasons why Atkinson left the club so easily & for a laughable transfer to boot.

Just a pity Atkinson had left before Lyall became manager

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:39 - Aug 16 with 5069 viewsSporall

Mariner to Arsenal
Login to get fewer ads

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:46 - Aug 16 with 5058 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tommy Miller leaving broke my heart

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:57 - Aug 16 with 5042 viewsnoggin

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:39 - Aug 16 by Sporall

Mariner to Arsenal

Arsenal offered him £300 a week. We couldn't compete.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 00:00 - Aug 17 with 5039 viewsClapham_Junction

Wright going to Arsenal. Losing players like Taricco, Dyer and Ambrose was very sad but I accepted the club needed the money. Wright going at a point when we didn't need to sell and were in such a good position was so disappointing, especially given that it seemed to be largely down to his agent.

What followed for both parties made it even worse.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 00:22 - Aug 17 with 5020 viewsjeera

Gio.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 00:31 - Aug 17 with 5015 viewspennyfathersleg

Can't believe no one has mentioned him yet, but I was devastated when Kieron left. I still think he's the most naturally talented player I've ever watched at PR.

Scoring against Watford with a broken leg was pretty cool 😜
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 00:44 - Aug 17 with 4998 viewsfeelingblue

Bobby Robson - end of
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 01:12 - Aug 17 with 4983 viewsRyorry

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:19 - Aug 16 by swede

Selling Matt Holland to Charlton in 2003 after we failed to return to the Premier League at the first attempt. He was and still is my son's hero. To me, the heart of the team was gone and promotion again would take a while. Little did I realise how long.....

Holland for me too, partly because he was the heart of that team, and partly because his departure would kind of symbolise the whole of what was about to happen.

I remember at the end of one away game passing by the team bus (might have been at 'Boro?) and seeing him about to get on it, called out to him - "please don't go Matt" - I've never done anything like that before or since! A few other Blues echoed same. He gave a sort of wry grimace & looked pretty down; think I knew then that the writing was on the wall.

Reuser, Hermann and Wrighty were pretty galling too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 01:19 - Aug 17 with 4978 viewsEatonBlue

Mr John Cobbold
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 03:46 - Aug 17 with 4951 viewsBlueBadger

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 23:16 - Aug 16 by factual_blue

Lee Bowyer is the name obviously missing from your list.

*waves imaginary yellow card at Phil and Gav*
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 3:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 07:09 - Aug 17 with 4905 viewsTractorCam

Cresswell to West Ham

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 07:31 - Aug 17 with 4881 viewsMVBlue

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 01:12 - Aug 17 by Ryorry

Holland for me too, partly because he was the heart of that team, and partly because his departure would kind of symbolise the whole of what was about to happen.

I remember at the end of one away game passing by the team bus (might have been at 'Boro?) and seeing him about to get on it, called out to him - "please don't go Matt" - I've never done anything like that before or since! A few other Blues echoed same. He gave a sort of wry grimace & looked pretty down; think I knew then that the writing was on the wall.

Reuser, Hermann and Wrighty were pretty galling too.

Tarricco, Herman Herriardsson, Matt Holland, Marcus Stewart, Thomas Gardsoe. They all left big holes to fill and took me weeks to accept.

Claus Thompson and Kieron Dyer honerable mentions but went to further their careers. I still remember Dyers journalistic piece he did for his England callup where he talked about trying to get Baby Spices number off Beckham. TWTD.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 7:33]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 07:31 - Aug 17 with 4877 viewsGlasgowBlue

The mass departures after Sir Bobby left.

We never really recovered from that.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 07:44 - Aug 17 with 4859 viewsclive_baker

Ian Marshall to Leicester. Absolute choker at the time.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 07:46 - Aug 17 with 4860 viewsvapour_trail

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:08 - Aug 16 by gainsboroughblue

Butcher.

Same here. Was like being kicked whilst on the deck.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 07:57 - Aug 17 with 4844 viewsJonBlue

Jordan Rhodes...

Not really, Arnold Mühren to Man Utd. 11yo me was gutted.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:09 - Aug 17 with 4826 viewsitfcjoe

Darren Ambrose.

He looked like he was going to be so special and we got mugged for him because of admin, felt like there was so much more to come and he wasn't ready to go like most of the others mentioned who's departures felt an inevitability for a long time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 08:10 - Aug 17 with 4822 viewsBurwell_Blue

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 00:31 - Aug 17 by pennyfathersleg

Can't believe no one has mentioned him yet, but I was devastated when Kieron left. I still think he's the most naturally talented player I've ever watched at PR.

Scoring against Watford with a broken leg was pretty cool 😜

Possibly because he was an arsehole off the pitch.

Kiwomya for me. I used to model my own Sunday league play around his 'style'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024