Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking back control 14:20 - Aug 23 with 12838 viewsvapour_trail

We're not really leaving the ECJ are we. A positive development.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Taking back control on 14:21 - Aug 23 with 5858 viewsBOjK

It seems not despite the governments frantic spinning.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Taking back control on 14:40 - Aug 23 with 5815 viewsnoggin

I just don't get how leaving can still be seen as a good thing. What positives are gong to come from it?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Taking back control on 14:50 - Aug 23 with 5780 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yes we are.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Taking back control on 14:57 - Aug 23 with 5772 viewsBlueorder

Taking back control on 14:50 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

Yes we are.

How are the people of this country going to benefit from leaving?
Taking back control on 15:30 - Aug 23 with 5726 viewsfactual_blue

Of course not.

The government can't bear to admit the painfully obvious truth that, on the whole, other European countries are better at the business of administration than we are.

That is of course due at least in part to the ideologically-driven underfunding of the entire public sector.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Taking back control on 15:37 - Aug 23 with 5715 viewstcblue

The crushing realisation that those in power of any party don't actually make a difference. This is Cameron's legacy, offering that on a plate by giving people a binary vote which will result in the usual obvious bluster and backtracking.

Time for a change.
Taking back control on 15:52 - Aug 23 with 5683 viewsSteve_M

No, we're leaving the direct jurisdiction of the ECJ. Still, good that the Tories realise how limiting May's speech to the Tory conference was now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Taking back control on 16:21 - Aug 23 with 5629 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 14:57 - Aug 23 by Blueorder

How are the people of this country going to benefit from leaving?

I have neither the time or inclination to repeat something I have answered numerous times on here.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Taking back control on 16:35 - Aug 23 with 5605 viewsBlueorder

Taking back control on 16:21 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

I have neither the time or inclination to repeat something I have answered numerous times on here.

Ho hum. Still, I can rest easy in the knowledge that at least one person (you) can see how much more beneficial things will be for the UK once we're out.
Taking back control on 16:37 - Aug 23 with 5595 viewscrunchie1978

Taking back control on 16:35 - Aug 23 by Blueorder

Ho hum. Still, I can rest easy in the knowledge that at least one person (you) can see how much more beneficial things will be for the UK once we're out.

2....im with him!
Taking back control on 16:38 - Aug 23 with 5585 viewsBlueorder

Taking back control on 16:37 - Aug 23 by crunchie1978

2....im with him!

Good stuff. Perhaps you can tell me?
Taking back control on 16:42 - Aug 23 with 5577 viewsflimflam

Just leave already. Stop all this flimflam once and for all.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Taking back control on 17:15 - Aug 23 with 5537 viewsBenters

2....im with him!

3....im with him .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:24 - Aug 23 with 5511 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Taking back control on 17:36 - Aug 23 with 5498 viewsBergholtBru

2....im with him!

And me!... That`s 3.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Taking back control on 17:50 - Aug 23 with 5475 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm still waiting for you to edit your post in order to make it truthful.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/08/the-government-is-right-to-turn-its-back-o
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 17:52]

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 17:56 - Aug 23 with 5461 viewsfeelingblue

You have never come up with an answer to that question, however hard you have tried.

Not surprising, since no-one else has either, without lying their head off.
Taking back control on 18:08 - Aug 23 with 5446 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 17:56 - Aug 23 by feelingblue

You have never come up with an answer to that question, however hard you have tried.

Not surprising, since no-one else has either, without lying their head off.

What you mean is that I haven't come up with an answer that satisfies you continued wish for the UK to remain a fully functioning member of the EU.

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 18:11 - Aug 23 with 5443 viewsunbelievablue

Oh come on.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Taking back control on 18:19 - Aug 23 with 5424 viewsBenters

Taking back control on 17:36 - Aug 23 by BergholtBru

And me!... That`s 3.

No you are 4.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Taking back control on 18:24 - Aug 23 with 5395 viewsArcher4721

Taking back control on 17:36 - Aug 23 by BergholtBru

And me!... That`s 3.

Wow. GB must be so proud to have you four in tow for the ride.

Heil Heil.

Arf.
Taking back control on 18:24 - Aug 23 with 5402 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 18:11 - Aug 23 by unbelievablue

Oh come on.

I'll give you 2 for now then I'm going home.

1. Conclude a mutualy beneficial trade deal with the EU whilst at the same time have the ability to negotiate our own trade deals with countries such as China, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India without being hampered by the EU negotiating these deals on our behalf whilst having to protect wine makers in France, tailors in Italy, cheese makers in Holland and all manner of obstacles pout in the way by the other 26 members.

2. An end to freedom of movement will see increased immigration from countries such as India and China.

Currently under FOM we cannot turn any EU citizen away from entering and working in the UK, unless there are serious circumstances (and a criminal record alone does not prevent somebody entering the country.

Unless you believe in a complete open door immigration policy with no control at all then those controls come at the expense of non EU migrants. That discriminatory policy will end once we have left the EU.

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 18:34 - Aug 23 with 5381 viewseireblue

Taking back control on 18:24 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

I'll give you 2 for now then I'm going home.

1. Conclude a mutualy beneficial trade deal with the EU whilst at the same time have the ability to negotiate our own trade deals with countries such as China, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India without being hampered by the EU negotiating these deals on our behalf whilst having to protect wine makers in France, tailors in Italy, cheese makers in Holland and all manner of obstacles pout in the way by the other 26 members.

2. An end to freedom of movement will see increased immigration from countries such as India and China.

Currently under FOM we cannot turn any EU citizen away from entering and working in the UK, unless there are serious circumstances (and a criminal record alone does not prevent somebody entering the country.

Unless you believe in a complete open door immigration policy with no control at all then those controls come at the expense of non EU migrants. That discriminatory policy will end once we have left the EU.

In the past GB has tried to answer the question "how will it benefit the people of the UK"

I think it is along the lines of, stuff will probably be a bit rough initially, but many economists agree that in 10 years or so the UK will be better off than if the UK had stayed in.

---

Started that before seeing your answer, so...

Your points 1, and 2, are outcomes of leaving the EU.

Whether those outcomes will be a benefit to the people in the UK, is an unproven assertion.

The most definitive thing I have ever seen from anyone is the "it will all be better 10 years after we left" line.

Made by economists.

And as we all know, the best way to get three opinions on an economic matter is to put two economists in a room.

And it doesn't really cover, will those most effected badly initially, as predicted, be the ones reaping the rewards when the UK start motoring along, better than it would have otherwise done so.
Taking back control on 18:41 - Aug 23 with 5355 viewsArcher4721

Thank goodness for that.

I'm sure everyone was on tenterhooks!
Taking back control on 20:06 - Aug 23 with 5288 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 18:34 - Aug 23 by eireblue

In the past GB has tried to answer the question "how will it benefit the people of the UK"

I think it is along the lines of, stuff will probably be a bit rough initially, but many economists agree that in 10 years or so the UK will be better off than if the UK had stayed in.

---

Started that before seeing your answer, so...

Your points 1, and 2, are outcomes of leaving the EU.

Whether those outcomes will be a benefit to the people in the UK, is an unproven assertion.

The most definitive thing I have ever seen from anyone is the "it will all be better 10 years after we left" line.

Made by economists.

And as we all know, the best way to get three opinions on an economic matter is to put two economists in a room.

And it doesn't really cover, will those most effected badly initially, as predicted, be the ones reaping the rewards when the UK start motoring along, better than it would have otherwise done so.

You started typing a reply to my post, which would have been fully displayed on you screen as you were typing, before seeing the post you were replying to/

Errr ok. If you say so.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024