Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already 18:03 - Aug 23 with 10603 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wtf

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:25 - Aug 23 with 2089 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:17 - Aug 23 by Mullet

His "punching power" was because he absolutely killed himself to get to Featherweight, when he fought Diaz - nothing much comparatively speaking. He no longer had the height and reach advantage to make his timing count so effectively.

Plus he catches people going backwards, look at Poirier actually caught him with the elbow on the back of the head to win the fight. Aldo he psyched out into charging onto the fadeaway hook. It was impressive, but don't forget Mayweather fought Canelo and I'd take a punch off Conor before the ginger Mexican lad every time.

Also they're 8oz gloves mate, 8lbs would be like some comedy death gloves. That plays into Mayweather's hands not Conor's.

Floyd is the boxer and can land volume, going backwards and off the ropes. Neither of that suits McGregor. You're also talking about the world's greatest defensive boxer. He can already move out of the way of gloves which are bigger with ease, the size thing only really plays into his hands offensively and defensively.

His accuracy and technique will be assisted by those. The only X factor is his busted up hands. If they go or swell that might be Conor's best chance. But plenty of boxers have overcome that over long matches.

It's worth noting Diaz beat him easily at boxing range the first time around and he regularly spars Andre Ward et al. The difference between McGregor the first and second time was enough to negate that range and change the fight but it was a hell of a test for him.

I've been watching him since Cage Warriors and don't fancy his chances much at all. A lot of people in the media are getting paid to talk up his chances and that depresses me immensely as I had a fair bit of respect for some of them.

The best weapon he has is surprise. There's no boxing footage of him out there (the edited Malinaggi stuff isn't even that convincing and Paulie is coming off the couch there anyway) Listen to all the breakdowns and they talk about shots that work in MMA because you're guarding kicks and takedowns, in boxing you get cracked for leaving gaps like that.

McGregor's got a chance and it's maybe more than a puncher's chance but not much. If this is the Floyd we're used to seeing he gets blown away. If time has taken a toll it helps him, but not much. He may well crack Floyd, but if that's the plan he's going in struggling, better than him have needed way more than that and come up woefully short.

The thing is, if people like myself are right, 99% of the people who are adamant he stands no chance would just say it's a lucky punch anyway.

I hope some of you lot will be up to watch the fight Saturday night as it will make for some good discussion whatever happens.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:27 - Aug 23 with 2081 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:20 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

Matched betting's not really gambling though.

Re gambling: You can choose your bets as carefully as you like - Rommers does, and his dead cert for a place at the very least came last.

I rest my case.

Nothing is a dead cert. Especially when they're animals who can cramp up.

And it wasn't at Romford or a horse race so I'd never lump on but I did have a bet on it.

I admit 'certainty' was a terrible word to use win or lose.

The 1/4 favourite in the race was also beaten comfortably after getting smashed into at the first bend. That's racing I suppose.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:27 - Aug 23 with 2080 viewsJ2BLUE

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:20 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

Matched betting's not really gambling though.

Re gambling: You can choose your bets as carefully as you like - Rommers does, and his dead cert for a place at the very least came last.

I rest my case.

But at 8/1 he doesn't need a very high strike rate to make a profit.

Pro gamblers, and yes they do exist, don't have anything close to a perfect record.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:30 - Aug 23 with 2071 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:27 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

Pro gamblers, and yes they do exist, don't have anything close to a perfect record.

Exactly

More importantly, we doing the TWTD select 6 acca again Saturday? I reckon we can crack it one a few occasions this season

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:36 - Aug 23 with 2059 viewsDolly2.0

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:27 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Nothing is a dead cert. Especially when they're animals who can cramp up.

And it wasn't at Romford or a horse race so I'd never lump on but I did have a bet on it.

I admit 'certainty' was a terrible word to use win or lose.

The 1/4 favourite in the race was also beaten comfortably after getting smashed into at the first bend. That's racing I suppose.

I said you'd be along with excuses. This time it's cramp.

I didn't call it a dead cert, you did. "Absolute certainty to place at the very least."

I'm sorry mate, don't want to get into another racing row, but it wasn't just a bad choice of words. It was a bad tip. It came last. It literally couldn't have come in a worse position.

I'm afraid you gotta hold your hands up on this one.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:40 - Aug 23 with 2049 viewsDolly2.0

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:27 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

Pro gamblers are as rare as hen's teeth. That's why for the majority it's a mug's game.

Forget the odds, Rommers is someone who seems to know his stuff re dog racing, yet his tip tonight that was CERTAIN to place, came last.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:41 - Aug 23 with 2045 viewsclive_baker

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:39 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

11/10 to win a Lancashire Derby away from home?

Not a bet for me

Kilara Phoroah in the 8:51 at Peterborough at 8/1 is the vale each way bet 3 places Skybet. Absolute certainty to place at the very least. If it gets on the bunny, will potentially win.

Race is also on Sky sports.

Blackburn didn't even muster a shot on target. At home. To Burnley's 9.

0-2

#printingmoney

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:41 - Aug 23 with 2040 viewsArcher4721

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:45 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I know of people putting £180,000 on Mayweather at 2/9 to win £40,000

Absolute bonkers

McGregors hand speed is something most boxers would dream of having. Mayweather hasn't seen someone with that speed of punch and movement and that's why I think he will stun the world Saturday

Well it wouldn't have been with Paddy Power. They wouldn't take a £400 bet on a horse @ 9-2 from someone I know.
Login to get fewer ads

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:43 - Aug 23 with 2037 viewsSitfcB

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:04 - Aug 23 by clive_baker

Publicity stunt innit, gets chumps like you talking about it.

Meanwhile, Burnley @ 11/10 tonight to beat Blackburn in 90. Sorry Mogga but that's nice odds.

I saw 23/20 earlier!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:44 - Aug 23 with 2034 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:40 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

Pro gamblers are as rare as hen's teeth. That's why for the majority it's a mug's game.

Forget the odds, Rommers is someone who seems to know his stuff re dog racing, yet his tip tonight that was CERTAIN to place, came last.

For the 4th and final time (I can't be bothered for the argument you seek), it was a bad choice of words. 'Certainty' was a word I should not have used. I apologise for that.

If you'd like a video of the race, it will be online tomorrow and I'll send you it. You can see for yourself what happened.

At first, it looked like he got injured so I'm thankful he Isn't tbh.

That's my last post on the matter Dollers as I know you love a betting moan

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:45 - Aug 23 with 2029 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:41 - Aug 23 by Archer4721

Well it wouldn't have been with Paddy Power. They wouldn't take a £400 bet on a horse @ 9-2 from someone I know.

Online is the hardest to get a bet on

If you don't know people you can open account names in until they get closed, you're absolutely fooked.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:47 - Aug 23 with 2022 viewsArcher4721

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:45 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Online is the hardest to get a bet on

If you don't know people you can open account names in until they get closed, you're absolutely fooked.

This was a shop in London.
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:50 - Aug 23 with 2018 viewsHerbivore

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:45 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I know of people putting £180,000 on Mayweather at 2/9 to win £40,000

Absolute bonkers

McGregors hand speed is something most boxers would dream of having. Mayweather hasn't seen someone with that speed of punch and movement and that's why I think he will stun the world Saturday

Ha! You're not serious, surely? The top 10 light-middleweights in the UK would handle McGregor comfortably in a boxing match and none of them would take a round off Mayweather. McGregor isn't even a boxer, he has zero chance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:52 - Aug 23 with 2009 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:47 - Aug 23 by Archer4721

This was a shop in London.

Blimey

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:53 - Aug 23 with 2002 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:50 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Ha! You're not serious, surely? The top 10 light-middleweights in the UK would handle McGregor comfortably in a boxing match and none of them would take a round off Mayweather. McGregor isn't even a boxer, he has zero chance.

So if you were a betting man (I don't know if you are or you aren't), you'd make 2/9 value?

What price would you have him then? 1/8? 1/20? 1/100?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:54 - Aug 23 with 1998 viewsDolly2.0

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:44 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

For the 4th and final time (I can't be bothered for the argument you seek), it was a bad choice of words. 'Certainty' was a word I should not have used. I apologise for that.

If you'd like a video of the race, it will be online tomorrow and I'll send you it. You can see for yourself what happened.

At first, it looked like he got injured so I'm thankful he Isn't tbh.

That's my last post on the matter Dollers as I know you love a betting moan

I don't want an argument or a moan. If you reserve the right to encourage gambling then I, or anyone else, reserves the right to highlight when it goes spectacularly wrong.

I'm sure you'd agree that's fair.

I'm not interested in a video of the race. It's excuses. You always give some reason why an animal didn't win/place, which was out of anyone's control, and it WOULD'VE done what you said it would if it wasn't for that thing.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:56 - Aug 23 with 1987 viewsHerbivore

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:53 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

So if you were a betting man (I don't know if you are or you aren't), you'd make 2/9 value?

What price would you have him then? 1/8? 1/20? 1/100?

Yeah, I make Mayweather great value at that price. 1/100 would probably be about right. It's a total mismatch.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:00 - Aug 23 with 1969 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:56 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Yeah, I make Mayweather great value at that price. 1/100 would probably be about right. It's a total mismatch.

Blimey

Well at least you sounds genuine if you make him a 1/100 shot

I think McGregor will win in the 8th and it will be a poor performance from Mayweather who then retires

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:04 - Aug 23 with 1949 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:00 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Blimey

I think McGregor will win in the 8th and it will be a poor performance from Mayweather who then retires

😂😂😂😂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:11 - Aug 23 with 1930 viewsgtsb1966

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:25 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

The thing is, if people like myself are right, 99% of the people who are adamant he stands no chance would just say it's a lucky punch anyway.

I hope some of you lot will be up to watch the fight Saturday night as it will make for some good discussion whatever happens.

I wouldn't watch it if the fight was on my front lawn let alone get up in the middle of the night and pay for it. The fight isn't even a sell out. Its a farce of a fight making a mockery of the sport between two unlikeable men.
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:13 - Aug 23 with 1925 viewsHerbivore

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:00 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Blimey

You're going to be very disappointed. McGregor may be considered a good striker by MMA standards but he is no professional boxer and he'd get schooled by every fighter Mayweather has beaten in the last decade. Mayweather may carry him for a bit but he wins this how and when he wants.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:15 - Aug 23 with 1921 viewsArcher4721

I admire you for trying to get him to see, but people who don't understand how it works and have been taught all their lives that gambling is a sin will never fathom it out.
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:17 - Aug 23 with 1909 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:13 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

You're going to be very disappointed. McGregor may be considered a good striker by MMA standards but he is no professional boxer and he'd get schooled by every fighter Mayweather has beaten in the last decade. Mayweather may carry him for a bit but he wins this how and when he wants.

You really do underestimate how good a striker McGregor is. His hand speed is electric.

That's my opinion anyway.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:21 - Aug 23 with 1895 viewsJakeITFC

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:17 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

You really do underestimate how good a striker McGregor is. His hand speed is electric.

You massively overestimate McGregor.
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:21 - Aug 23 with 1895 viewsHerbivore

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 22:17 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

You hugely overestimate his ability as a boxer. In his first ever professional boxing match you think he can beat a genuine all time great boxer, albeit a 40 year old retired one. That's just silly. It shouldn't really have been sanctioned it's that much of a mismatch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024