Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Hobbs on loan 09:07 - Aug 27 with 6904 viewsbluesym

according to one of this mornings papers.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Jack Hobbs on loan on 09:15 - Aug 27 with 6864 viewsgreyhound

I think he has family local?
Jack Hobbs on loan on 09:24 - Aug 27 with 6799 viewsKieran_Knows

Experienced defender at this level, sk can see why MM would go for him. IIRC, hasn't he had a couple of long term injuries in the past?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Hobbs on loan on 09:42 - Aug 27 with 6683 viewsBlueCardigan

Jack Hobbs on loan on 09:24 - Aug 27 by Kieran_Knows

Experienced defender at this level, sk can see why MM would go for him. IIRC, hasn't he had a couple of long term injuries in the past?

Been out for ages - no thanks

BlueFlops

Jack Hobbs on loan on 09:45 - Aug 27 with 6644 viewsBenters

Jack Hobbs on loan on 09:42 - Aug 27 by BlueCardigan

Been out for ages - no thanks

Just what we are looking for another injured player !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Jack Hobbs on loan on 09:48 - Aug 27 with 6627 viewsbluesym

In all honesty,i had forgotten he existed!Had a quick look at his career stats and at yhe age of 29 hasnt played a heck of a lot of football.

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:00 - Aug 27 with 6547 viewspennyfathersleg

Just what we're looking for, another loan player....
Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:03 - Aug 27 with 6532 viewsbluesym

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:00 - Aug 27 by pennyfathersleg

loans are ok if there are potential permanent deals at the end of it.

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:10 - Aug 27 with 6486 viewsfloridaboy

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:03 - Aug 27 by bluesym

Loan until January until others are fit. Still concerned about Websters ankle though.

Really hope it is a not long term issue.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:11 - Aug 27 with 6471 viewsGiveusaWave

Jack Hobbs on loan on 09:48 - Aug 27 by bluesym

In all honesty,i had forgotten he existed!Had a quick look at his career stats and at yhe age of 29 hasnt played a heck of a lot of football.

Especially in last 3 years. Been consistently injured.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:12 - Aug 27 with 6467 viewspointofblue

Surely Forest would want him to play? Hasn't Mick already said he really wants a back up to Chambers, Smith and Webster? Hence (supposedly) looking at someone akin to Taylor in Olsson.

Plus someone else who needs match fitness? We really need someone who can play instantly.

The moon on a stick would be nice too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:29 - Aug 27 with 6367 viewspennyfathersleg

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:03 - Aug 27 by bluesym

How often has that happened lately? loans are either too good for us that we can't afford them or they here for game time to improve them for their parent club.

I'm happy with one or two from the premier but to be scraping around for loan players from our own division isn't good enough. If we want them, and they are deemed good enough to play for us, we should be trying to buy them.
Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:43 - Aug 27 with 6300 viewsfactual_blue

Tremendous batsman in his day.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jack Hobbs on loan on 13:42 - Aug 27 with 6074 viewsericclacton

Hey! call Jack Hobbs for really big jobs.

Jack Hobbs on loan on 14:36 - Aug 27 with 5999 viewsJ2BLUE

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:29 - Aug 27 by pennyfathersleg

How often has that happened lately? loans are either too good for us that we can't afford them or they here for game time to improve them for their parent club.

I'm happy with one or two from the premier but to be scraping around for loan players from our own division isn't good enough. If we want them, and they are deemed good enough to play for us, we should be trying to buy them.

We have no centre backs. We need short term cover.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jack Hobbs on loan on 14:40 - Aug 27 with 5989 viewstextbackup

Sign him up, sounds perfect for us :)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jack Hobbs on loan on 14:56 - Aug 27 with 5958 viewsTLA

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:29 - Aug 27 by pennyfathersleg

I do agree with that in principle. However, Iorfa has been good (OK, not yesterday) but to buy him would have cost £3.5m, so no chance. I don't like loans between teams in the same division to be honest.

Fees are also ridiculous. If Preston have really turned down £8m for Hugill, how on earth do clubs like us buy decent players currently playing at this level? It makes our business for Garner and Waghorn look sensational!
Jack Hobbs on loan on 20:53 - Aug 27 with 5696 viewsElderGrizzly

Jack Hobbs on loan on 10:00 - Aug 27 by pennyfathersleg

Loans are exactly what we need in this circumstance. Our own players are the long term of the club. He can cover the gap until they're fit.

Assume a loan is purely a financial reason if he's on £20k a week. He has no future at Forest
Jack Hobbs on loan on 06:39 - Aug 28 with 5511 viewspennyfathersleg

Jack Hobbs on loan on 20:53 - Aug 27 by ElderGrizzly

Loans are exactly what we need in this circumstance. Our own players are the long term of the club. He can cover the gap until they're fit.

Assume a loan is purely a financial reason if he's on £20k a week. He has no future at Forest

We'll clearly have to agree to disagree on this one again!

I massively think we need a permanent centre back signing, if not, two!! Berra hasn't been replaced and had been our best defender for a long while!

Webster, is clearly injury prone and is still very raw - we're not likely to get a full season out of him.

Tommy is great but has also had a lot of injuries recently, he has also shown inconsistency in the past!

I love chambo and hopefully when he's back will get back to his best.

That leaves us with full backs, one of which is a loan player and also, in my opinion, not very good.

I fail to see how another stop gap loan player is the answer to what is the weakest area of our team???
Jack Hobbs on loan on 06:46 - Aug 28 with 5502 viewsTLA

Jack Hobbs on loan on 06:39 - Aug 28 by pennyfathersleg

We'll clearly have to agree to disagree on this one again!

I massively think we need a permanent centre back signing, if not, two!! Berra hasn't been replaced and had been our best defender for a long while!

Webster, is clearly injury prone and is still very raw - we're not likely to get a full season out of him.

Tommy is great but has also had a lot of injuries recently, he has also shown inconsistency in the past!

I love chambo and hopefully when he's back will get back to his best.

That leaves us with full backs, one of which is a loan player and also, in my opinion, not very good.

I fail to see how another stop gap loan player is the answer to what is the weakest area of our team???

That's a thought-provoking post.

I think we're well covered with a fit squad but Smith has had some bad injuries and Webster does seem a bit fragile at this point of his career. Chambers is a leader but is getting older. Maybe we need someone like Chambers when we got him - mid to late twenties, experience at this level and good for a few years - on a permanent deal.

Whether can afford it is a different issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024