Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... 00:25 - Sep 23 with 26470 viewsSwailsey

And on match day too!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 0:25]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:37 - Sep 23 with 4175 viewscaught-in-limbo

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:03 - Sep 23 by Ryorry

Sorry I'm not up to speed, but who is 'Arsey'?!

Arsey is the poster formerly known as Bluefish, I think. He still posts these days but under a different name (can't remember which) and because he has left-leaning politics, GB mentions him a lot.

Hope that's right.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 13:47 - Sep 23 with 4138 viewsfactual_blue

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 08:29 - Sep 23 by PhilTWTD

Indeed. What's the board's verdict? We have a number of users who seem to spend much of their time digging at one another. I don't like banning regular users - or anybody come to that - but I don't see what choice we have when people constantly pick at other users, wind them up, demean others' jobs and even in last night's thread mental health issues, are abusive having been asked not to over a number of years. Should I just ban them, whether they are long-term users? Bit fed up with it, to be honest.

Make them put each other on ignore. I'm sure Gav can do this.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:48 - Sep 23 with 4135 viewsHerbivore

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:37 - Sep 23 by caught-in-limbo

Arsey is the poster formerly known as Bluefish, I think. He still posts these days but under a different name (can't remember which) and because he has left-leaning politics, GB mentions him a lot.

Hope that's right.

I thought Arsey was Cruncher and then Hoofer? Definitely not left wing in the slightest so may have got my posters mixed up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:52 - Sep 23 with 4119 viewsjeera

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:48 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

I thought Arsey was Cruncher and then Hoofer? Definitely not left wing in the slightest so may have got my posters mixed up.

I think CIL's post was a little light-hearted mischief.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:53 - Sep 23 with 4110 viewscaught-in-limbo

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:48 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

You're far more likely to be right than me. I think there are only about 12 different posters on the site anyway.

#toxic

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:55 - Sep 23 with 4103 viewsHerbivore

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:53 - Sep 23 by caught-in-limbo

You're far more likely to be right than me. I think there are only about 12 different posters on the site anyway.

As many as that? I'm also Benters and Callis amongst others.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:59 - Sep 23 with 4093 viewscaught-in-limbo

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:52 - Sep 23 by jeera

I think CIL's post was a little light-hearted mischief.

Honestly, I thought that was right.

Right, it's coming clear now... I mean Facey, not Arsey.

Facey was Bluefish, right?

So, who is Arsey?

#toxic

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 14:01 - Sep 23 with 4086 viewsTrequartista

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 08:29 - Sep 23 by PhilTWTD

Indeed. What's the board's verdict? We have a number of users who seem to spend much of their time digging at one another. I don't like banning regular users - or anybody come to that - but I don't see what choice we have when people constantly pick at other users, wind them up, demean others' jobs and even in last night's thread mental health issues, are abusive having been asked not to over a number of years. Should I just ban them, whether they are long-term users? Bit fed up with it, to be honest.

Does it really put people off the site when these arguments rage? Personally I quite enjoy reading them, and there are several posts today from people disappointed to have missed it. Within reason of course.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:03 - Sep 23 with 4075 viewscaught-in-limbo

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:55 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

As many as that? I'm also Benters and Callis amongst others.

All the people who post between 7:30 and 10:00 on weekdays are the same person... most probably Gav.

#toxic

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 14:08 - Sep 23 with 4055 viewscaught-in-limbo

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 14:01 - Sep 23 by Trequartista

Does it really put people off the site when these arguments rage? Personally I quite enjoy reading them, and there are several posts today from people disappointed to have missed it. Within reason of course.

It's like East Enders. I watched the first episode and it started with someone finding a dead body in a neighbouring house. I've seen bits of the programme in the intervening 72 years and there's never been anything actually pleasant or funny going on, yet it's watched by 167m people worldwide - it's even the most viewed programme in North Korea despite being banned.

#toxic

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:10 - Sep 23 with 4046 viewsvapour_trail

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:59 - Sep 23 by caught-in-limbo

So, who is Arsey?

I thought archer was facey and truce, bluefish.

All knowledge gained from glassers, who was previously Malcolm.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:12 - Sep 23 with 4035 viewsjeera

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 13:59 - Sep 23 by caught-in-limbo

So, who is Arsey?

Oh ok. Sorry.

I wouldn't want to speculate on who's who too much but no, The_Face isn't Arsey, nor Bluefish.

Clear as mud, I know.

You're not missing too much tbf. (By not knowing).
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 14:12]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:16 - Sep 23 with 4016 viewscaught-in-limbo

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:10 - Sep 23 by vapour_trail

I thought archer was facey and truce, bluefish.

All knowledge gained from glassers, who was previously Malcolm.

I never knew Bluefish though he was here when I started as ClassyIpswichLass.

I've never heard of Malcolm. Well, never argued with him which is odd if he was GB.

Who's the one who used to drive a Hyundai and is married to a choral singer?

EDIT: Facey and Archer aren't the same person, surely.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 14:18]

#toxic

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:18 - Sep 23 with 4003 viewsvapour_trail

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:16 - Sep 23 by caught-in-limbo

I've never heard of Malcolm. Well, never argued with him which is odd if he was GB.

That's me. The choral singer is j2blue. He's just making me an omelette for my lunch.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:20 - Sep 23 with 3991 viewscaught-in-limbo

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:18 - Sep 23 by vapour_trail

That's me. The choral singer is j2blue. He's just making me an omelette for my lunch.

And you'll wash it all down with a bottle of Spanish "gold" while listening to the Smiths, no doubt.

#toxic

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 15:27 - Sep 23 with 3926 viewsbluebud

on 12:12 - Sep 23 by _

Fair play man. Hope the weekend improves for you.
on 15:33 - Sep 23 with 3918 views_

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 15:27 - Sep 23 by bluebud

Fair play man. Hope the weekend improves for you.

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 15:34 - Sep 23 with 3910 viewsRyorry

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:16 - Sep 23 by caught-in-limbo

So it's basically just the kids' party game known as Musical Mats, transferred to TWTD online .!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 15:57 - Sep 23 with 3879 viewsNewcyBlue

Yellow cards rather than red, imo on 14:18 - Sep 23 by vapour_trail

He's making you an omelette? Best start organising your funeral!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:21 - Sep 23 with 3854 viewswrightsrightglove

Barmy that people get so upset on here / want to slag each other off!!

A) How have you got that much time on your hands to keep up with and read every post? There's a whole wide world out there!
B) How do people have the energy / inclination to slag each other off? What's the point?
C) Why do people take it to heart? There's c***s in all walks of life, and you're never going to get on with everyone. Someone slags you off? Laugh at them or go do something else...there's a whole wide world out there!
Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:35 - Sep 23 with 3831 viewsRyorry

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:21 - Sep 23 by wrightsrightglove

Barmy that people get so upset on here / want to slag each other off!!

A) How have you got that much time on your hands to keep up with and read every post? There's a whole wide world out there!
B) How do people have the energy / inclination to slag each other off? What's the point?
C) Why do people take it to heart? There's c***s in all walks of life, and you're never going to get on with everyone. Someone slags you off? Laugh at them or go do something else...there's a whole wide world out there!

I agree with you about the time & those who want to slag off, but people have every right, indeed should defend themselves against misrepresentation and bullying - it's not just an internet forum, it's a public one, and there may be some real-life contacts, who know peoples' usernames, reading it.

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:44 - Sep 23 with 3811 viewswrightsrightglove

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:35 - Sep 23 by Ryorry

I agree with you about the time & those who want to slag off, but people have every right, indeed should defend themselves against misrepresentation and bullying - it's not just an internet forum, it's a public one, and there may be some real-life contacts, who know peoples' usernames, reading it.

I fully appreciate that, but does anyone actually believe the stuff people say on here? I would strongly believe that if someone said something about me on here, anyone who knows me in real life wouldn't believe a word of it. Surely people take what others say on here with a pinch of salt? If they don't then they should. Defend yourself by not rising to it and not giving them the time of day surely?
Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:49 - Sep 23 with 3797 viewsRyorry

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:44 - Sep 23 by wrightsrightglove

I fully appreciate that, but does anyone actually believe the stuff people say on here? I would strongly believe that if someone said something about me on here, anyone who knows me in real life wouldn't believe a word of it. Surely people take what others say on here with a pinch of salt? If they don't then they should. Defend yourself by not rising to it and not giving them the time of day surely?

Friends would of course, but important casual acquaintances such as work colleagues, neighbours etc might not.

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:51 - Sep 23 with 3789 viewswrightsrightglove

Phil's got a lot of tidying up to do tomorrow... on 16:49 - Sep 23 by Ryorry

Friends would of course, but important casual acquaintances such as work colleagues, neighbours etc might not.

Yeah I suppose you're right, can't say I understand any of it though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024