Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome 10:38 - Oct 11 with 43370 viewsLord_Lucan

First thing this morning I had a Mc Donalds breakfast which I ordered from a machine and had delivered to my table. I then went to work and thus far I have had 5 Amazon orders, 3 EBay orders, 2 click and collect orders and 4 email conversations.

I am yet to speak to a human being.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 10:39]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Welcome on 13:19 - Oct 11 with 2518 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:15 - Oct 11 by imsureazzure

What do they add that is addictive? Thanks.

Really?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychologytoday.com%2Fblog%2Fyou-illumina

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Welcome on 13:24 - Oct 11 with 2507 viewsimsureazzure

Welcome on 13:19 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

Really?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychologytoday.com%2Fblog%2Fyou-illumina

Yeah really, physically addictive substances in food?
Welcome on 13:26 - Oct 11 with 2501 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome on 12:50 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

RSPCA assured and free range is good, but what about all the crap they pump into it?

It really isn't decent. Not for your body it isn't.

And once a week is shocking IMO. I certainly wouldn't imagine someone eating there daily.

Read this article if you care about your body. Yes, this chap did it daily for 10 days, but it still goes to show what you're doing to your body when you eat there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/11603430/My-dad-made-me-eat-McDonalds-fo

Some choice quotes;

"I was feeling really tired and lethargic, and I had trouble sleeping".
"I felt my body was having a hard time processing all the sugar and fat."
"I would have to sit down as I felt quite sick."
“Are you sure your liver functions are intact? You look really quite jaundiced. You should really consider stopping.”

"the test results were fascinating. I’d lost 1,400 bacterial species in my gut in just 10 days"

Once a week is shocking? Come off it. I'm sure you have things as bad throughout the week.

Have a look at the film Fathead. I think these people can make the results anything they want with careful selection.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Welcome on 13:28 - Oct 11 with 2491 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:24 - Oct 11 by imsureazzure

Yeah really, physically addictive substances in food?

Yes. Sugar for one. Sugar is addictive.

What are you not getting?

Welcome on 13:30 - Oct 11 with 2483 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:26 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Once a week is shocking? Come off it. I'm sure you have things as bad throughout the week.

Have a look at the film Fathead. I think these people can make the results anything they want with careful selection.

Did you even read the article I linked to? It's all there.

You know it's bad for you, you're just denying it to yourself.

Welcome on 13:31 - Oct 11 with 2481 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Welcome on 13:26 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

This is coming from somebody who advertises Haribo.

lololololol

Poll: Best Football Song

Welcome on 13:31 - Oct 11 with 2481 viewsconnorscontract

Welcome on 12:37 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

I'm "surely" not anti the corporate giant in almost every corner of the planet offering up processed 'food' full of additives, preservatives, E numbers, salt, sugar and very few nutrients, pandering merely to people's tastebuds and contributing to making many of them unhealthy and/or obese, whilst massively contributing to the destruction of the planet through piles and piles of plastic?!

What on earth is there to be "anti" about?!?

You advertise Haribos for a living, and you're having a go at McDonald's for being a multinational that sells food that is lacking in nutritional value and is full of additives!!!

Would you like a side order of cognitive dissonance to go with your hypocrisy?

Burger me!
Welcome on 13:33 - Oct 11 with 2473 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome on 13:30 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

Did you even read the article I linked to? It's all there.

You know it's bad for you, you're just denying it to yourself.

I've never said it isn't bad for you. I just try and apply the 80/20 rule to my diet. With all due respect i'm really not getting into this with you. I've learnt from our previous encounters that it will go absolutely nowhere.

I see no issue with a healthy diet and 2-3 meals 'off plan' a week (yes I know 20% of 21 is 4 meals).

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome on 13:33 - Oct 11 with 2471 viewsTonyj

Welcome on 13:11 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

What a strange question.

I doubt one meal from Maccy D's or one donation of £87 to an environmental charity would make any difference to anything.

£87 is quite a lot of money in a poor country, i'm sure you could do a lot with it. And what if everyone who was spending £90 on posh bangers and mash decided to do this? Could add up, but would the outcome be environmentally friendly (despite the cost of encouraging MacDonalds with extra sales). Just a little question on morals... I haven't got the answer and its not a pop at you.
Welcome on 13:34 - Oct 11 with 2466 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:31 - Oct 11 by connorscontract

You advertise Haribos for a living, and you're having a go at McDonald's for being a multinational that sells food that is lacking in nutritional value and is full of additives!!!

Would you like a side order of cognitive dissonance to go with your hypocrisy?

Burger me!

I've never suggested having a bag of Haribo for a main meal though have I?!?!

The odd sweet, bag of crisps, biscuit, whatever, now and again, is fine.

Nowhere do Haribo promote over consumption. In fact we're very conscious about NOT doing that.

So where's the hypocrisy?

Welcome on 13:34 - Oct 11 with 2462 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Have you got a new job?
Welcome on 13:35 - Oct 11 with 2462 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:31 - Oct 11 by RoyKeanesDog

lololololol

I refer you to my reply to connorscontract.

Welcome on 13:36 - Oct 11 with 2457 viewsconnorscontract

Welcome on 13:31 - Oct 11 by RoyKeanesDog

lololololol

"Kids and adults love them so-
the Happy Meals of Ron McDo..."
Welcome on 13:37 - Oct 11 with 2448 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:33 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

I've never said it isn't bad for you. I just try and apply the 80/20 rule to my diet. With all due respect i'm really not getting into this with you. I've learnt from our previous encounters that it will go absolutely nowhere.

I see no issue with a healthy diet and 2-3 meals 'off plan' a week (yes I know 20% of 21 is 4 meals).

You do what you want mate. I'm saying a McDonald's meal every week is not a good idea, but it's your life.

Welcome on 13:39 - Oct 11 with 2442 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Welcome on 13:34 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

Nowhere do Haribo promote over consumption. In fact we're very conscious about NOT doing that.

That's just wrong though, isn't it?

McDonald's, despite being a corporate machine, actually do a lot for the environment, are ethically conscious, and despite the small protests by misguided individuals- look after their staff a lot better than their peers.

Haribo are exactly the same, if not worse. You're just trying to dig yourself out of a hole, and it's quite funny.

Poll: Best Football Song

Welcome on 13:43 - Oct 11 with 2429 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:33 - Oct 11 by Tonyj

£87 is quite a lot of money in a poor country, i'm sure you could do a lot with it. And what if everyone who was spending £90 on posh bangers and mash decided to do this? Could add up, but would the outcome be environmentally friendly (despite the cost of encouraging MacDonalds with extra sales). Just a little question on morals... I haven't got the answer and its not a pop at you.

"And what if everyone who was spending £90 on posh bangers and mash decided to do this?"

I knew you'd come back with this. The reality is it's never going to happen. People aren't going to give up nice meals in nice restaurants in order to eat in McDonald's and give the extra to charity.

Also - yes, £87 is quite a lot of money in a poor country. But we weren't talking about that. We were talking about it going into an environmental charity, like Friends Of The Earth. If they had just £87 to play with it's going to make very little difference to the planet.

If loads of people did start doing this then I haven't got the answer either!

Welcome on 13:43 - Oct 11 with 2429 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome on 13:37 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

You do what you want mate. I'm saying a McDonald's meal every week is not a good idea, but it's your life.

Thanks.

Truly impaired.

Welcome on 13:47 - Oct 11 with 2416 viewsconnorscontract

Welcome on 13:34 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

I replied to:

"I'm "surely" not anti the corporate giant in almost every corner of the planet offering up processed 'food' full of additives, preservatives, E numbers, salt, sugar and very few nutrients, pandering merely to people's tastebuds and contributing to making many of them unhealthy and/or obese, whilst massively contributing to the destruction of the planet through piles and piles of plastic?! "

Now I'm not sure if there's salt in Haribos, but that aside, the rest of it could be a word for word critique of them.

You then go on to talk about sugar as addictive.

Now given that you are advertising Haribos in a way designed to be attractive to "Kids and adults", and you recognise that they contain an addictive substance, how can you not also be partly responsible for the epidemic of obesity? Or is it only skinny kids who eat Haribo's, and they all do so responsibly and in moderation, and don't ever go at those large bags you sell them in "like a kiddie in a sweet shop".
Welcome on 13:47 - Oct 11 with 2410 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome on 13:39 - Oct 11 by RoyKeanesDog

McDonald's, despite being a corporate machine, actually do a lot for the environment, are ethically conscious, and despite the small protests by misguided individuals- look after their staff a lot better than their peers.

Haribo are exactly the same, if not worse. You're just trying to dig yourself out of a hole, and it's quite funny.

Not wishing to start an argument with Dolly but his outright refusal to accept fair comparisons makes debating him totally pointless.

Anything he likes is ok and justified. Anything he doesn't like is wrong. Nothing will penetrate that wall of protection that comes from completely dismissing fair comparisons.

Again, no offence Dolly but i'm sure a hell of a lot on here will agree with me.

Truly impaired.

Welcome on 13:48 - Oct 11 with 2406 viewsSpruceMoose

Welcome on 13:47 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Not wishing to start an argument with Dolly but his outright refusal to accept fair comparisons makes debating him totally pointless.

Anything he likes is ok and justified. Anything he doesn't like is wrong. Nothing will penetrate that wall of protection that comes from completely dismissing fair comparisons.

Again, no offence Dolly but i'm sure a hell of a lot on here will agree with me.

I mean, I think J2BLUE is a bit of a business stealing blowhole, but even I agree with him here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Welcome on 13:51 - Oct 11 with 2387 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:39 - Oct 11 by RoyKeanesDog

How about answering the points in my reply.

What's "just wrong"?

Where have I advocated Haribo as a main meal?

A snack or a sweet now and again is fine. Having Maccy D's once or twice a year is fine also. Neither will do much harm.

Having it as a main meal once a week is very different.

Welcome on 13:56 - Oct 11 with 2372 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:47 - Oct 11 by connorscontract

I replied to:

"I'm "surely" not anti the corporate giant in almost every corner of the planet offering up processed 'food' full of additives, preservatives, E numbers, salt, sugar and very few nutrients, pandering merely to people's tastebuds and contributing to making many of them unhealthy and/or obese, whilst massively contributing to the destruction of the planet through piles and piles of plastic?! "

Now I'm not sure if there's salt in Haribos, but that aside, the rest of it could be a word for word critique of them.

You then go on to talk about sugar as addictive.

Now given that you are advertising Haribos in a way designed to be attractive to "Kids and adults", and you recognise that they contain an addictive substance, how can you not also be partly responsible for the epidemic of obesity? Or is it only skinny kids who eat Haribo's, and they all do so responsibly and in moderation, and don't ever go at those large bags you sell them in "like a kiddie in a sweet shop".

But the difference you're missing is that McDonald's is a main meal. Haribo is a treat.

The large bags contain lots of smaller bags. They are portion controlled. If a kid's eating too many sweets it's the parent you should be blaming.

Welcome on 13:57 - Oct 11 with 2367 viewsSpruceMoose

Welcome on 13:56 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

But the difference you're missing is that McDonald's is a main meal. Haribo is a treat.

The large bags contain lots of smaller bags. They are portion controlled. If a kid's eating too many sweets it's the parent you should be blaming.

I find it amusing you are unable/unwilling to see the hypocrisy here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Welcome on 13:59 - Oct 11 with 2361 viewsitfcjoe

Welcome on 13:51 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

What's "just wrong"?

A snack or a sweet now and again is fine. Having Maccy D's once or twice a year is fine also. Neither will do much harm.

Is it ok to have a McDs now and again?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Welcome on 14:00 - Oct 11 with 2362 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome on 13:51 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

What's "just wrong"?

What I have for breakfast once (ish) a week is 698 calories. 2500 calories x 7 days = 17500

698/17500 is 4% of those weekly calories. You're overreacting.

I wonder how much nutrition is in a Pukka Pie?

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024