Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome 10:38 - Oct 11 with 43368 viewsLord_Lucan

First thing this morning I had a Mc Donalds breakfast which I ordered from a machine and had delivered to my table. I then went to work and thus far I have had 5 Amazon orders, 3 EBay orders, 2 click and collect orders and 4 email conversations.

I am yet to speak to a human being.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 10:39]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Welcome on 14:02 - Oct 11 with 3257 viewsconnorscontract

Welcome on 13:34 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

I've never suggested having a bag of Haribo for a main meal though have I?!?!

The odd sweet, bag of crisps, biscuit, whatever, now and again, is fine.

Nowhere do Haribo promote over consumption. In fact we're very conscious about NOT doing that.

So where's the hypocrisy?

What would you say is a sensible, treat sized portion of Haribos for an 8 year old child to eat? And how often should they eat it? Please refer your answer to the size of bags Haribos are sold in, without resealable closures.

I'm trying to find out how many calories are in even a small bag of Starmix, but can't find that information at

www.haribo.com

Oddly, evil McDonalds do provide full nutritional information on their website, for each menu item.
Welcome on 14:03 - Oct 11 with 3253 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome on 14:02 - Oct 11 by connorscontract

What would you say is a sensible, treat sized portion of Haribos for an 8 year old child to eat? And how often should they eat it? Please refer your answer to the size of bags Haribos are sold in, without resealable closures.

I'm trying to find out how many calories are in even a small bag of Starmix, but can't find that information at

www.haribo.com

Oddly, evil McDonalds do provide full nutritional information on their website, for each menu item.

It's something like 55 I think. I worked it out the other day.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Welcome on 14:03 - Oct 11 with 3252 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:47 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Not wishing to start an argument with Dolly but his outright refusal to accept fair comparisons makes debating him totally pointless.

Anything he likes is ok and justified. Anything he doesn't like is wrong. Nothing will penetrate that wall of protection that comes from completely dismissing fair comparisons.

Again, no offence Dolly but i'm sure a hell of a lot on here will agree with me.

And this is what people on here often do. Talk about me, knowing I'll read it, but to someone else (and others) trying to get a nice little gang together. Safety in numbers. Together we can defeat him!

It's not about "anything I don't like". It's a fact that McDonald's is bad for you. I've linked to an article that proves it. I haven't dismissed fair comparisons. Something off diet now and again is fine. But you said you have McDonald's every week. That, IMO, is not good for you.

I can see where this is going so I'll respectfully bow out now. I've made my points. If your diet is keeping you fit, slim, healthy then carry on.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Welcome on 14:04 - Oct 11 with 3249 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome on 13:59 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

Is it ok to have a McDs now and again?

Yes. I've said that.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Welcome on 14:06 - Oct 11 with 3236 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome on 14:03 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

And this is what people on here often do. Talk about me, knowing I'll read it, but to someone else (and others) trying to get a nice little gang together. Safety in numbers. Together we can defeat him!

It's not about "anything I don't like". It's a fact that McDonald's is bad for you. I've linked to an article that proves it. I haven't dismissed fair comparisons. Something off diet now and again is fine. But you said you have McDonald's every week. That, IMO, is not good for you.

I can see where this is going so I'll respectfully bow out now. I've made my points. If your diet is keeping you fit, slim, healthy then carry on.

Not trying to form any little gangs. Just making an observation. In your world someone who has breakfast at McDonalds on a Saturday and then calls in at Ladbrokes for a £1 acca bet is the devil but if you wake up Saturday morning after a night of cocaine and alcohol and decide to feed your hangover with some Haribo you're a bloody good bloke.

Truly impaired.

Welcome on 14:07 - Oct 11 with 3233 viewsReuser_is_God

Welcome on 14:00 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

What I have for breakfast once (ish) a week is 698 calories. 2500 calories x 7 days = 17500

698/17500 is 4% of those weekly calories. You're overreacting.

I wonder how much nutrition is in a Pukka Pie?

Dolly NEVER overreacts.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Welcome on 14:07 - Oct 11 with 3230 viewsitfcjoe

Welcome on 14:04 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

Yes. I've said that.

But you say sweets etc are fine now and again but McDs once or twice a year

Sweets offer absolutely no nutritional value, McDs aren't great either

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Welcome on 14:09 - Oct 11 with 3220 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Welcome on 13:51 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

How about answering the points in my reply.

What's "just wrong"?

Where have I advocated Haribo as a main meal?

A snack or a sweet now and again is fine. Having Maccy D's once or twice a year is fine also. Neither will do much harm.

Having it as a main meal once a week is very different.

Saying that McDonald's and Haribo are mutually exclusive is wrong.

I know people who eat McDonald's near enough everyday and then work it off tenfold at the gym.

Both products are as bad as each other, it's about how people choose to fit them into their lifestyle which is important. Neither are responsible for how people choose to use their service.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome on 14:11 - Oct 11 with 3213 viewsSpruceMoose

Welcome on 14:03 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

Do you not see why people are going to pull you up on criticising eating McDonalds, while promoting Haribo for a living? After all, Haribo is nothing but empty calories aimed at kids - sugar, sweetener, gelatin etc.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Welcome on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 3206 viewsBlueStreak

Welcome on 14:11 - Oct 11 by SpruceMoose

Do you not see why people are going to pull you up on criticising eating McDonalds, while promoting Haribo for a living? After all, Haribo is nothing but empty calories aimed at kids - sugar, sweetener, gelatin etc.

yeah but its a treat, or something.
Welcome on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 3206 viewsconnorscontract

Welcome on 13:56 - Oct 11 by Dolly2.0

But the difference you're missing is that McDonald's is a main meal. Haribo is a treat.

The large bags contain lots of smaller bags. They are portion controlled. If a kid's eating too many sweets it's the parent you should be blaming.

There are large, single packets of Tangfastics and Minions etc available. Lots of kids buy them on the way home from Secondary school, as they walk back without their parents. They certainly treat them as single portion packs.

Is that what you mean by portion controlled?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haribo-Tangfastics-215g/dp/B016OVX1IQ/ref=pd_bxgy_467_i

And for their little brothers and sisters:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haribo-Starmix-215g/dp/B016OVWVMS/ref=pd_bxgy_467_2?_en
Welcome on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 3205 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Welcome on 14:06 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Not trying to form any little gangs. Just making an observation. In your world someone who has breakfast at McDonalds on a Saturday and then calls in at Ladbrokes for a £1 acca bet is the devil but if you wake up Saturday morning after a night of cocaine and alcohol and decide to feed your hangover with some Haribo you're a bloody good bloke.

Put them all together, bin the Haribo and it's perfect.

Poll: Best Football Song

Welcome on 14:24 - Oct 11 with 3174 viewsSpruceMoose

Welcome on 14:06 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

I guess people just want to believe whatever story they tell about themselves.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Welcome on 15:30 - Oct 11 with 3143 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Welcome on 13:33 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

I've never said it isn't bad for you. I just try and apply the 80/20 rule to my diet. With all due respect i'm really not getting into this with you. I've learnt from our previous encounters that it will go absolutely nowhere.

I see no issue with a healthy diet and 2-3 meals 'off plan' a week (yes I know 20% of 21 is 4 meals).

I've kept well out of these type of threads after the sh1t I got for having two Chinese takeaways in a week and mentioning it on here once

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Welcome on 15:34 - Oct 11 with 3138 viewsitfcjoe

Welcome on 15:30 - Oct 11 by The_Romford_Blue

I've kept well out of these type of threads after the sh1t I got for having two Chinese takeaways in a week and mentioning it on here once

People weren't giving you sh1t, they were trying to offer advice that in many cases they wished they'd had and followed when they were your age

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Welcome on 15:38 - Oct 11 with 3126 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Welcome on 15:34 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

People weren't giving you sh1t, they were trying to offer advice that in many cases they wished they'd had and followed when they were your age

I didn't mean everyone. People giving the advice were ok.

The people saying that having a diet of 2 takeaways in a week (something that has literally happened once in months) is a disgrace. It was pathetic to be quite honest.

Welcome on 15:39 - Oct 11 with 3124 viewsSpruceMoose

Welcome on 15:34 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

I hope he's not an organ donor, whoever gets his stuff might be in a worse position than they started in....

Welcome on 15:42 - Oct 11 with 3112 viewsBenters

Welcome on 10:45 - Oct 11 by homer_123

Bagel - chewwy stogey sh*te.

Balls.

A filing off salmon and blue cheese bloody lush mon.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Welcome on 15:43 - Oct 11 with 3115 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Welcome on 15:39 - Oct 11 by SpruceMoose

I hope he's not an organ donor, whoever gets his stuff might be in a worse position than they started in....

I am as it goes

I even have the pink card in my wallet

Welcome on 15:44 - Oct 11 with 3107 viewsSpruceMoose

Welcome on 15:43 - Oct 11 by The_Romford_Blue

I am as it goes

I even have the pink card in my wallet

You're a good lad really, I'm just teasing.

Anyone not on the organ donor list, you're a selfish barsteward.

Welcome on 20:01 - Oct 11 with 3032 viewsJ2BLUE

Just been to Burger King. Balanced it out with some Haribo though #winning

Truly impaired.

Welcome on 20:04 - Oct 11 with 3028 viewsSpruceMoose

Welcome on 20:01 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

I trust you had a nice cream horn for desert?

Welcome on 20:06 - Oct 11 with 3027 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome on 20:04 - Oct 11 by SpruceMoose

I trust you had a nice cream horn for desert?

Waffle with chocolate sauce and cream.

Truly impaired.

Welcome on 20:07 - Oct 11 with 3024 viewsSpruceMoose

Welcome on 20:06 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Waffle with chocolate sauce and cream.

Birdseye potato waffles I presume?

Welcome on 21:45 - Oct 11 with 2969 viewsmonytowbray

Welcome on 20:01 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

I thought you only ate ethically sourced meat where you can trace it back to farm source?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024