Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 23:00 - Nov 1 with 10414 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
How good is Bart really? on 23:01 - Nov 1 with 7806 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He's, without a doubt, one of the best keepers in the league. Top 5 definitely.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

How good is Bart really? on 23:07 - Nov 1 with 7788 viewsLord_Lucan

Hi R.

Bart is sound but the defence is awful.

We've never replaced Jason De Vos.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

How good is Bart really? on 23:12 - Nov 1 with 7769 viewsCurrie10

How good is Bart really? on 23:07 - Nov 1 by Lord_Lucan

Hi R.

Berra > De Vos.
How good is Bart really? on 23:19 - Nov 1 with 7764 viewsStNeotsBlue

He threw one into the net at Leeds, where we played really well. He's still the best keeper at the club by a good distance although I've noticed low, hard hit shots to his left seem to beat him against Norwich which he needs to cut out of his game.
on 23:30 - Nov 1 with 7746 views_

Hi R.

[Redacted] on 03:10 - Nov 2 with 7638 viewsvictorywilhappen

Hi R.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 04:43 - Nov 2 with 7612 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted] on 03:10 - Nov 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

[Redacted]
ooouch!- now that was painful on 07:32 - Nov 2 with 7509 viewsSteve_M

[Redacted] on 04:43 - Nov 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Sonko came in and steadied things initially; we conceded twelve goals in the two matches prior to that. He wasn't particularly good but he was one of Jewell's better loan signings for the short-term impact in Autumn 2011.

Then of course, like all three of Jewell's good spells we got found out and he couldn't change it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

How good is Bart really? on 07:33 - Nov 2 with 7507 viewsITFC_Forever

on 23:30 - Nov 1 by _

And we don’t have any of JDV, McA or Berra.... and we’re letting in too many soft goals as a result.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How good is Bart really? on 07:34 - Nov 2 with 7507 viewsSteve_M

A good second-tier keeper, probably not quite consistent enough or good enough with his distribution to play at a higher level. There's still a weakness against low shots from distance too I think.

A few errors this season, yes the Leeds goal but he did the same with a corner at Sheffield - fortunately it went for another corner. He'll also give away a goal throwing the ball out too quickly and aimlessly soon - it's too rushed.

How good is Bart really? on 07:47 - Nov 2 with 7472 viewsKieran_Knows

He’s a very good keeper at this level, but he’s not as good as what some people make him out to be.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How good is Bart really? on 07:49 - Nov 2 with 7462 viewsdavblue

How good is Bart really? on 07:47 - Nov 2 by Kieran_Knows

He’s a very good keeper at this level, but he’s not as good as what some people make him out to be.

i agree with this.

Too static on his line also. He's a good championship Keeper that's it.
How good is Bart really? on 07:51 - Nov 2 with 7463 viewsArnieM

This won't be popular with many on here but I concur with the original poster. My view on Bart is as follow.

He is a FANTASTIC reflex , shot stopper. No one is better in this division than him. Fact!

But......his general bread and butter goal keeping attributes are no better than average and in some cases below average. These average or below average goal keeping attributes include,

1: Kicking. At times truly abysmal. Often unable to keep it in play.
2: Rarely CATCHES the ball, often fumbles it if he tries to catch , so invariably punches it , usually one fisted, which falls in or just outside the box. Thus keeping the pressure on.
3: Command of his area. Poor. He is frequently indecisive, causing confusion amongst his defenders.
4: Questionable concentration levels . Frequently caught out by seemingly soft shots from outside the box.

IMO all items numbered 1to 4 are bread and butter goal keeping attributes, that a REALLY top GK, will have and exhibit without fail with complete consistency. Bart, although a wonderful shot stopper, rarely exhibits these attributes on a consistent level. There are better GK in this division for this .

I have excluded the FACT that our back four are dire. Our defence is our weakest point this and in several previous seasons. This is the are that needs attention, from January if possible . But with the current impasse at the Club , I doubt this will be addressed.

I AM a fan of Bart' s but I do recognise he has weaknesses in his basic GK skills. Personally , if I had to choose between being a fantastic reflex GK, or a solid, unflustered GK that has real presence in the box, I'd go for the latter. These are the really top GK' s IMo.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How good is Bart really? on 07:57 - Nov 2 with 7437 viewsKieran_Knows

How good is Bart really? on 07:49 - Nov 2 by davblue

i agree with this.

Too static on his line also. He's a good championship Keeper that's it.

Definitely. We’re lucky to have him, and to us, he’s probably priceless, but he’d never make a first choice Prem goalkeeper, IMHO.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How good is Bart really? on 08:32 - Nov 2 with 7384 viewsStNeotsBlue

How good is Bart really? on 07:34 - Nov 2 by Steve_M

A good second-tier keeper, probably not quite consistent enough or good enough with his distribution to play at a higher level. There's still a weakness against low shots from distance too I think.

A few errors this season, yes the Leeds goal but he did the same with a corner at Sheffield - fortunately it went for another corner. He'll also give away a goal throwing the ball out too quickly and aimlessly soon - it's too rushed.

The problem with low shots from distance is nearly always to his left.
How good is Bart really? on 08:36 - Nov 2 with 7371 viewsNo9

Town needed a top quality GK coach a long time ago.
How good is Bart really? on 08:46 - Nov 2 with 7351 viewsSteve_M

How good is Bart really? on 08:32 - Nov 2 by StNeotsBlue

The problem with low shots from distance is nearly always to his left.

Ok, hadn't noticed that part but thinking about it that does seem to be the case.

on 08:48 - Nov 2 with 7346 views_

How good is Bart really? on 09:36 - Nov 2 with 7254 viewstheblueginger

How good is Bart really? on 07:33 - Nov 2 by ITFC_Forever

And we don’t have any of JDV, McA or Berra.... and we’re letting in too many soft goals as a result.

De Vos is best CB I have seen at Town at Championship level.

We are missing Berra more than I thought. I was confident when we were linked with Jonas Olsson inn August he would add leadership, strength and a bit of 'needle' at the back. 34 isn't old at all for a big tough CB who has always relied on positional sense, as McA has shown.
[Redacted] on 10:25 - Nov 2 with 7203 viewsvictorywilhappen

How good is Bart really? on 07:51 - Nov 2 by ArnieM

This won't be popular with many on here but I concur with the original poster. My view on Bart is as follow.

He is a FANTASTIC reflex , shot stopper. No one is better in this division than him. Fact!

But......his general bread and butter goal keeping attributes are no better than average and in some cases below average. These average or below average goal keeping attributes include,

2: Rarely CATCHES the ball, often fumbles it if he tries to catch , so invariably punches it , usually one fisted, which falls in or just outside the box. Thus keeping the pressure on.
3: Command of his area. Poor. He is frequently indecisive, causing confusion amongst his defenders.
4: Questionable concentration levels . Frequently caught out by seemingly soft shots from outside the box.

IMO all items numbered 1to 4 are bread and butter goal keeping attributes, that a REALLY top GK, will have and exhibit without fail with complete consistency. Bart, although a wonderful shot stopper, rarely exhibits these attributes on a consistent level. There are better GK in this division for this .

I have excluded the FACT that our back four are dire. Our defence is our weakest point this and in several previous seasons. This is the are that needs attention, from January if possible . But with the current impasse at the Club , I doubt this will be addressed.

I AM a fan of Bart' s but I do recognise he has weaknesses in his basic GK skills. Personally , if I had to choose between being a fantastic reflex GK, or a solid, unflustered GK that has real presence in the box, I'd go for the latter. These are the really top GK' s IMo.

[Redacted]
How good is Bart really? on 10:40 - Nov 2 with 7173 viewsNo9

How good is Bart really? on 07:51 - Nov 2 by ArnieM

"I have excluded the FACT that our back four are dire."

Which back four? Lack of consitency in team slection means none of those playing in defence have done so long enough to form real partnerships.

But that is only part of the problem; the fact that oppositions can play right up to Towns 18 yard box almost unopposed is something defensive MF should deal with.
How good is Bart really? on 13:14 - Nov 2 with 7062 viewsArnieM

How good is Bart really? on 10:40 - Nov 2 by No9

"I have excluded the FACT that our back four are dire."

Which back four? Lack of consitency in team slection means none of those playing in defence have done so long enough to form real partnerships.

But that is only part of the problem; the fact that oppositions can play right up to Towns 18 yard box almost unopposed is something defensive MF should deal with.

TBH ANY back four he cares to use . I don't think ( with the exception of Webster), that we have any decent defenders. I don't think any of our defenders, with the exception of Webster, would get into a top half Team this season. Do you ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How good is Bart really? on 13:17 - Nov 2 with 7056 viewsSpruceMoose

A goalkeepers mistake is nearly always more glaring and dwelt upon than an outfielders. What is the equivalent of a dropped cross? A sliced clearance that goes out for a throw? A clear scoring chance that goes wide? I guarantee all of our defenders would have a higher errors per game rate than Bart, if such a stat existed

Bart is sound. Put a decent defence in front of him and that will be even more obvious.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How good is Bart really? on 21:42 - Nov 2 with 6904 viewsRobTheMonk

I've noticed a slight weakness in his shot stopping where the ball will quite often come back into play as opposed to going wide. Love the bloke though and he is solid enough for what we need. I do agree that he's not the messiah that he's sometimes made out to be though.
How good is Bart really? on 07:17 - Nov 3 with 6815 viewsDeano69

How good is Bart really? on 07:47 - Nov 2 by Kieran_Knows

Saved us from relegation last season.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024