Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Cowley 15:16 - Nov 2 with 6824 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Heard him on Talksport the other day, spoke really well about his achievements with Lincoln last year and how the cup wasnt a distraction to their exploits in the league.

They ended up playing 60+ matches with a relatively small squad, got to the quarter finals of the FA cup (first non league team in 100 years to do that) and got promoted.

Quite a refreshing attitude, a fairly articulate guy, spoke a lot of sense and clearly has a positive approach to management.

Would love to see him given a chance at a bigger club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Danny Cowley on 15:21 - Nov 2 with 5052 viewsSpruceMoose

HOOF!

*edit - According to some.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2017 15:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Danny Cowley on 15:23 - Nov 2 with 5036 viewsJ2BLUE

Could we pay the compensation? They obviously wouldn't want to let him go and can't see Evans being willing to pay anything for him. I think it will be another out of work 'trusted' hand who will keep us up without really having the ambition to go for it.

In a year I honestly think we might be on here thinking about the huge mistake we made letting MM go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yeah, Newport County. (n/t) on 15:23 - Nov 2 with 5026 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Danny Cowley on 15:36 - Nov 2 with 4979 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Danny Cowley on 15:23 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Could we pay the compensation? They obviously wouldn't want to let him go and can't see Evans being willing to pay anything for him. I think it will be another out of work 'trusted' hand who will keep us up without really having the ambition to go for it.

In a year I honestly think we might be on here thinking about the huge mistake we made letting MM go.

I think its just time to part ways with MM.

Just listen to his press conferences, he just seems fed up. I cant see him providing much motivation to the players.

It would be good to see someone come in with some more energy and enthusiasm for the job in hand.

We could pay the compensation I would think. How often do you hear of big compensation payments to L2 clubs?

It would fit with ME's ethos, he spends on younger talents where he might recoup his money.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2017 15:38]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Danny Cowley on 16:08 - Nov 2 with 4876 viewsmarcus1642

Cowley needs to cut his teeth in L2 first before moving on to bigger and better things. Lincoln are hardly pulling up tree's in L2.

If he can get them promoted to L1 in the next 2 seasons or so, then yes he could do a job in the championship.

Cowley is a work in progress but a good prospect.
Danny Cowley on 16:18 - Nov 2 with 4858 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Danny Cowley on 16:08 - Nov 2 by marcus1642

Cowley needs to cut his teeth in L2 first before moving on to bigger and better things. Lincoln are hardly pulling up tree's in L2.

If he can get them promoted to L1 in the next 2 seasons or so, then yes he could do a job in the championship.

Cowley is a work in progress but a good prospect.

Newly promoted club sitting 9th in League 2? I would say that's ahead of expectations for him.

Wouldn't bet against him getting promoted in the next 2 seasons.

Wouldnt disagree that he's a work in progress, I'd take the gamble though.

Danny Cowley on 16:29 - Nov 2 with 4829 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Cowley on 16:18 - Nov 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Newly promoted club sitting 9th in League 2? I would say that's ahead of expectations for him.

Wouldn't bet against him getting promoted in the next 2 seasons.

Wouldnt disagree that he's a work in progress, I'd take the gamble though.

I think if we don't take the gamble on them in next 6-9 months, we'd be in a position where we'd struggle to attract them as there will be bigger clubs sniffing around.

I like the cut of their jib, interesting guys who seem to get it - but think their footy would be little different to Mick's, but I'd take a chance

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Cowley on 16:48 - Nov 2 with 4778 viewshype313

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Have a read of this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4302830/How-beat-Arsenal-Clive

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Cowley on 16:55 - Nov 2 with 4750 viewsBloots

Danny Cowley on 16:29 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

I think if we don't take the gamble on them in next 6-9 months, we'd be in a position where we'd struggle to attract them as there will be bigger clubs sniffing around.

I like the cut of their jib, interesting guys who seem to get it - but think their footy would be little different to Mick's, but I'd take a chance

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Danny Cowley on 17:14 - Nov 2 with 4700 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Danny Cowley on 16:55 - Nov 2 by Bloots

Get a few pies down this lad, and imagine what they could do;

Danny Cowley on 17:53 - Nov 2 with 4626 viewsClausThomsen

Danny Cowley on 16:29 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

It would be a perfect step up for Cowley and a perfect appointment for ITFC. Norwich were dynamic enough to appoint Lambert after losing to Colchester, unfortunately we aren't a dynamic club at all at the moment.

If the Cowleys get Lincoln to the playoffs you'd have to fancy them after that cup run last season. And if they get back to back promotions there'll be competition for their signatures.

The Cowley's are on a clear trajectory and they'll be managing at this level before too long. I also like that their brothers, the honesty between them would take away any 'yes man' ballbags.
Danny Cowley on 17:55 - Nov 2 with 4624 viewschicoazul

God save and keep from the Cowley Brothers, these competent inoffensive and amazingly boring men.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Danny Cowley on 17:57 - Nov 2 with 4619 viewschicoazul

Danny Cowley on 16:55 - Nov 2 by Bloots

Berra will still be waking in a cold sweat at 4am in 30 years because of that bloke.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Danny Cowley on 18:10 - Nov 2 with 4593 viewsBackToRussia

Danny Cowley on 17:53 - Nov 2 by ClausThomsen

It would be a perfect step up for Cowley and a perfect appointment for ITFC. Norwich were dynamic enough to appoint Lambert after losing to Colchester, unfortunately we aren't a dynamic club at all at the moment.

If the Cowleys get Lincoln to the playoffs you'd have to fancy them after that cup run last season. And if they get back to back promotions there'll be competition for their signatures.

The Cowley's are on a clear trajectory and they'll be managing at this level before too long. I also like that their brothers, the honesty between them would take away any 'yes man' ballbags.

Good post. People are sh1tting on them just to defend MM. Its sad.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Danny Cowley on 18:55 - Nov 2 with 4537 viewsbluejacko

Danny Cowley on 15:23 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

In a year will there be anyone left supporting ITFC if he stays.
Danny Cowley on 18:57 - Nov 2 with 4533 viewsHerbivore

They play fairly horrendous hoofball. Nice story and all but doubt they would make us good to watch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Danny Cowley on 19:19 - Nov 2 with 4458 viewsClausThomsen

Danny Cowley on 18:57 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

They play fairly horrendous hoofball. Nice story and all but doubt they would make us good to watch.

They play to their strengths, McCarthy had us hoofing it to Pitman for the best part of 2016...

I don't know if they signed Rhead or if he was there anyway, but the tactic of playing it long to a guy that dominant in the air is a no-brainer. And you know that wasn't their only tactic, they were getting crosses in and keeping possession well. They were a good football team.

PE Teachers with no money beating a manager on a million a year over 2 legs completely destroys the position that Mick's doing great cause he's got no money.
Danny Cowley on 19:20 - Nov 2 with 4442 viewsSpruceMoose

Danny Cowley on 19:19 - Nov 2 by ClausThomsen

They play to their strengths, McCarthy had us hoofing it to Pitman for the best part of 2016...

I don't know if they signed Rhead or if he was there anyway, but the tactic of playing it long to a guy that dominant in the air is a no-brainer. And you know that wasn't their only tactic, they were getting crosses in and keeping possession well. They were a good football team.

PE Teachers with no money beating a manager on a million a year over 2 legs completely destroys the position that Mick's doing great cause he's got no money.

You could also say that a two legged cup tie, in a cup which one manager has a history of not valuing, doesn't really prove much at all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Danny Cowley on 19:20 - Nov 2 with 4442 viewsHerbivore

Danny Cowley on 19:19 - Nov 2 by ClausThomsen

Right.....

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Danny Cowley on 19:22 - Nov 2 with 4432 viewsClausThomsen

Danny Cowley on 19:20 - Nov 2 by SpruceMoose

You could also say that a two legged cup tie, in a cup which one manager has a history of not valuing, doesn't really prove much at all.

What part of "leave me alone" did you not understand?
Danny Cowley on 19:24 - Nov 2 with 4428 viewsSpruceMoose

Danny Cowley on 19:22 - Nov 2 by ClausThomsen

What part of "leave me alone" did you not understand?

We can't discuss football, on a public forum? I thought you just meant my career that you were desperate to know about a few days ago.

Oh well, you know where the ignore feature is if you're going to be precious about it.

Danny Cowley on 19:26 - Nov 2 with 4418 viewsClausThomsen

Danny Cowley on 19:24 - Nov 2 by SpruceMoose

We can't discuss football, on a public forum? I thought you just meant my career that you were desperate to know about a few days ago.

Oh well, you know where the ignore feature is if you're going to be precious about it.

Leave me alone.
Danny Cowley on 19:28 - Nov 2 with 4405 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Cowley on 17:53 - Nov 2 by ClausThomsen

I don't think they've had a great time of it in the league so far, had a load of 0-0 draws I heard on Footy League Show the other day - but as I said, think they'd be a really interesting appointment and one I'd be fully behind

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Cowley on 19:28 - Nov 2 with 4402 viewsSpruceMoose

Danny Cowley on 19:26 - Nov 2 by ClausThomsen

Leave me alone.

I'm as free to comment on posts as anyone else. If you don't like my opinion on Danny Cowley, and really can't cope with reading it, then feel free to put me on ignore. i won't be offended. I'm not trying to wind you up here.

Danny Cowley on 20:01 - Nov 2 with 4340 viewsTractorCam

Danny Cowley on 16:48 - Nov 2 by hype313

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Have a read of this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4302830/How-beat-Arsenal-Clive

Thanks for sharing, excellent read

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024