Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that was alright, wasn't it? 08:21 - Nov 5 with 8429 viewstextbackup

First half pretty sht it must be said. Not sure what their keeper was doing for the free kick from Wags, he seemed to tuck himself behind the wall as he ran up to take it!
Great header from McG, not seen him attack a ball at back post like that before, then Celinas finish just quality, tight angle and done so well to squeeze that in.

3-0 against a team low on confidence with injury problems, I'll take that all day long. But for anyone getting carried away just hold up, there was some terrible football at times (not looking for negatives I may add) but Webster chambers and Spence lumped that ball forward and out of play so many times. Where has the ball playing Webster gone? He was bringing it down when he had time or anything, felt like we had Berra playing again.

Knudsen is turning into an important player for us, keeps popping up at the back post, he's got a strong heart, like that.

Out of interest did anyone else get their tickets checked at top of stairs by stewards before taking seats? With the resin being 'been a few fake ones floating about' or was it just me?...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 08:56 - Nov 5 with 5973 viewsKieran_Knows

Agree with pretty much all that, apart from Webster. Thought he had a really good game up against Hugill yesterday, but handled him well. Perhaps he could have tried playing out from the back a bit more, but in terms of coming up against a big bustling centre forward, he done very well.

I didn’t have my ticket checked either, can’t say I ever have when I’ve gone to take my seat!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 08:59 - Nov 5 with 5958 viewsPJH

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 08:56 - Nov 5 by Kieran_Knows

Agree with pretty much all that, apart from Webster. Thought he had a really good game up against Hugill yesterday, but handled him well. Perhaps he could have tried playing out from the back a bit more, but in terms of coming up against a big bustling centre forward, he done very well.

I didn’t have my ticket checked either, can’t say I ever have when I’ve gone to take my seat!

Agree about Webster because yesterday was the sort of game where we could have particularly missed Christophe Berra but Webster handled Hugill well and was my MOTM.
Agreed on 09:02 - Nov 5 with 5947 viewsDyland

Good balanced post Texters. Preston were in a mess, but we put them away, eventually. The first half was as bad as I've seen, from both sides. Disjointed, stop start, sluggish, slow and desperate. The players all looked like they had rickets.

Think Webster just needs more game time and if Adeyemi can ever get fit he will link up more play between defence and attack.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:11 - Nov 5 with 5917 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Agree with a lot of that.

I thought our defence had a good game on the whole.

Bonkers to think we are 7th with a game in hand though.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:17 - Nov 5 with 5900 viewsElderGrizzly

Thought Stuart Watson summed it up well in first half

Webster’s ‘hoofing’ will have been an instruction by Mick to release earlier to the front. We’ve seen his natural game and this was so far removed from that.

Knudsen had a similar issue last season. His natural attacking game was constrained.

Overall, glad we figured it out in the end, but it shows how desperately we need Huws, Adeyemi etc to get ability on the ball in the centre of midfield
It's the hope that kills on 09:17 - Nov 5 with 5899 viewsDyland

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:11 - Nov 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Agree with a lot of that.

I thought our defence had a good game on the whole.

Bonkers to think we are 7th with a game in hand though.

Being a died in the wool supporter of football clubs like ITFC is a crazy thing. Even though we "only" put away a shambolic Preston side (and that's all you can do), yesterday evening and this morning feels so much better. Life ain't so bad all of a sudden.

As ever, I'm thinking about Huws/Adeyemi coming back from injury and thinking... might... just might we challenge this season?

It's crazy.

The first half yesterday didn't look much like a second division game. Simply awful. And I remember how toothless we were against Fulham, second half against Norwich, and even Bolton where we actually won the fooking thing.

But....

Football eh?

It's the hope that kills on 09:22 - Nov 5 with 5864 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It's the hope that kills on 09:17 - Nov 5 by Dyland

Being a died in the wool supporter of football clubs like ITFC is a crazy thing. Even though we "only" put away a shambolic Preston side (and that's all you can do), yesterday evening and this morning feels so much better. Life ain't so bad all of a sudden.

As ever, I'm thinking about Huws/Adeyemi coming back from injury and thinking... might... just might we challenge this season?

It's crazy.

The first half yesterday didn't look much like a second division game. Simply awful. And I remember how toothless we were against Fulham, second half against Norwich, and even Bolton where we actually won the fooking thing.

But....

Football eh?

That's the thing ain't it. We've had some real shocking halves and the mood around the ground is not good. Mick and the fans (a high amount anyway) don't seem to get on but yet despite everything, we are a point off the playoffs with a game in hand in NOVEMBER.

Most people on here had us bottom half and some had us to go down at the start of the season. Everyone would have taken to be where we are at this stage
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 10:54]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:27 - Nov 5 with 5847 viewstextbackup

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 08:56 - Nov 5 by Kieran_Knows

Defensively I think Webster done well against matey uptop, just when he had the ball he seemed very unwebster like

Login to get fewer ads

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:36 - Nov 5 with 5815 viewschristiand

Watched McGoldrick's header this morning, from the distance he was from the goal that was a terrific header and so well placed.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:41 - Nov 5 with 5787 viewstextbackup

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:36 - Nov 5 by christiand

Watched McGoldrick's header this morning, from the distance he was from the goal that was a terrific header and so well placed.

Not a fan of seeing him playing at RB tho, was in the corner far too often helping to defend, if he's there it's such a waste

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:45 - Nov 5 with 5774 viewsHerbivore

First half was terrible, Preston seemed intent on just breaking up the game and killing it and we couldn't elevate ourselves beyond their level. One bit of quality play led to the free kick and the goal. After that we played well, plenty of energy and purpose and we looked well capable of scoring more, which we did. Just need to get Huws and Adeyemi back fit, try to get a consistent line up and start beating some of the better sides.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:49 - Nov 5 with 5753 viewstextbackup

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:45 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

First half was terrible, Preston seemed intent on just breaking up the game and killing it and we couldn't elevate ourselves beyond their level. One bit of quality play led to the free kick and the goal. After that we played well, plenty of energy and purpose and we looked well capable of scoring more, which we did. Just need to get Huws and Adeyemi back fit, try to get a consistent line up and start beating some of the better sides.

Where do Adeyemi and Huws fit in? Because we know Skuse is a starter.

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:59 - Nov 5 with 5718 viewsKieran_Knows

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:49 - Nov 5 by textbackup

4-3-3 with one of Garner, Waghorn, Celina or McGoldrick dropping out so we have a midfield 3 of Skuse, Adeyemi & Huws, or, same line up as yesterday with Huws in for Connolly and Adeyemi on the bench?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:01 - Nov 5 with 5713 viewsSomethingBlue

I wonder if we will (should all players ever be fit at once!) alternate between 4-2-3-1 and something closer to a 4-3-3. So the team you saw yesterday, with Adeyemi or Huws in for Connolly, for certain games and then Huws/Adeyemi replacing one of the forwards (Celina or McGoldrick perhaps) for others. It would make sense and allow us to play a little bit more tightly when needed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:01 - Nov 5 with 5709 viewsHerbivore

I think we'll go 4-3-3 when they're both back and one of the forwards will drop to the bench.

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:08 - Nov 5 with 5671 viewsGuthrum

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:45 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

Makes it so much easier (in morale terms as well) when we score first.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:10 - Nov 5 with 5662 viewstextbackup

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:01 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

I think we'll go 4-3-3 when they're both back and one of the forwards will drop to the bench.

All three replies I'm replying to here.

Can we see Huws and Adeyemi being fit together? Considering how long they've been out I can't see us getting them both fit together, however, if they are 433 makes sense.
All 4 strikers are important, but I it was based on goals and form it would be Garner missing out, but you can't lose his work rate, Waghorn has the strength of three men so he's in, celina adds the flair and excitement, mcgoldrick- no words needed.
Just play 12 men and hope we don't get found out

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:11 - Nov 5 with 5646 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Regarding Webster.....I can imagine Mick telling him prematch....."wharever you do, do not pass the ball to Celina in our half".....for fear of too many stepovers and losing the ball.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:14 - Nov 5 with 5624 viewsHerbivore

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:10 - Nov 5 by textbackup

All three replies I'm replying to here.

Can we see Huws and Adeyemi being fit together? Considering how long they've been out I can't see us getting them both fit together, however, if they are 433 makes sense.
All 4 strikers are important, but I it was based on goals and form it would be Garner missing out, but you can't lose his work rate, Waghorn has the strength of three men so he's in, celina adds the flair and excitement, mcgoldrick- no words needed.
Just play 12 men and hope we don't get found out

That sounds like a good plan, think we'd do well playing a 4-3-4 with the squad we've got. If we can't get away with it though I think having the option of rotating Waghorn, Garner, Didz and Celina isn't a bad thing. It'll keep them fresh if they're getting a game off now and then and different combinations will suit different games.

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:15 - Nov 5 with 5608 viewsSWGF

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 09:27 - Nov 5 by textbackup

Defensively I think Webster done well against matey uptop, just when he had the ball he seemed very unwebster like

Agree. I'm just hoping that he's getting back into the swing of things. Was good that he was seemingly happy to do the Berra-type defending. Hopefully the more sillky side of things will come.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:18 - Nov 5 with 5592 viewsSWGF

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:08 - Nov 5 by Guthrum

Makes it so much easier (in morale terms as well) when we score first.

Yep. And at the time we did as well. Think the reaction at the halftime whistle was far more favourable than it was going to be!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:27 - Nov 5 with 5556 viewsGuthrum

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:14 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

That sounds like a good plan, think we'd do well playing a 4-3-4 with the squad we've got. If we can't get away with it though I think having the option of rotating Waghorn, Garner, Didz and Celina isn't a bad thing. It'll keep them fresh if they're getting a game off now and then and different combinations will suit different games.

Just rotate them three on the pitch and one on the bench with a (guaranteed, barring major injury problems) substitution to add energy after an hour. I'd probably mostly alternate Celina and McGoldrick in that situation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:28 - Nov 5 with 5552 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, think it's natural that we rotate those guys and the players will expect it too. Think McGoldrick probably still needs some managing and there will be some games that aren't right for Celina as well. I just hope we're able to play with a full deck of cards sometime soon and these issues will not be hypothetical — it's quite some run of opponents between now and Christmas, and I'm sure it will tell us exactly which direction our season is headed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:33 - Nov 5 with 5521 viewsDubtractor

I think we'll do well if we can play 4-3-4 as well.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:35 - Nov 5 with 5512 viewsDyland

Well that was alright, wasn't it? on 10:18 - Nov 5 by SWGF

Yep. And at the time we did as well. Think the reaction at the halftime whistle was far more favourable than it was going to be!

Without the goal the reaction would have been grumbling discontent with some muted booing. And fair enough. It was awful.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024