Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... 16:06 - Nov 15 with 13600 viewsSpruceMoose

...we now have Greggs trolling the intolerant!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/15/greggs-nativity-jesus-sausage-r

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:43 - Nov 15 with 3689 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:23 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

I'm agnostic-ish but i think you're missing the point. Greggs are being bullying pussys for picking an easy target.

I get where you're coming from but dont really agree. Though i do agree its a bit clumsy.
Its an easy target because of its accesability culturally. No difference really, than doing something, for example, about the royals or historic events/people like Churchill.
The utterings that they wouldnt do it to Islam are silly in that we havent the understanding in our culture for it to be relevant to the general population. It's a joke because we are aware of what should be present in the scene and it's then unexpected. If we dont understand it to start with it's pointless.
Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:44 - Nov 15 with 3696 viewsJohnny_Boy

Wow - quite frankly I am appalled.
Appalled they missed-out on a trick by not using a cheese related pastry item for Xmas day.
Baby Cheese-us.

Also, isn't this just a massive rip-off of the fake Viz Advent Calenders? You know the things.
Like the Xmas Nativity scene in biscuit form, Christ in Cat form commemorative plate, etc etc.

And who can forget the stunning detail of BourbonHenge? Beautifully created by Bambos Iguanadon.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 16:53]
Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:45 - Nov 15 with 3683 viewsBlueBadger

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:43 - Nov 15 by Axeldalai_lama

I get where you're coming from but dont really agree. Though i do agree its a bit clumsy.
Its an easy target because of its accesability culturally. No difference really, than doing something, for example, about the royals or historic events/people like Churchill.
The utterings that they wouldnt do it to Islam are silly in that we havent the understanding in our culture for it to be relevant to the general population. It's a joke because we are aware of what should be present in the scene and it's then unexpected. If we dont understand it to start with it's pointless.

I'm reminded of the Dara O'Brien Routine 'I don't do Muslim jokes because I don't know the first F*cking thing about Islam. And also because YOU don't know the first f*cking thing about Islam'.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 16:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:48 - Nov 15 with 3673 viewsSteve_M

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:40 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

It's definitely lacking in class. It doesn't bother me, but I can see why it might bother others, what with it being deeply, deeply, deeply crass and all.

"It's definitely lacking in class"

But enough about Greggs, what about the sausage roll.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:51 - Nov 15 with 3656 viewsGlasgowBlue

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:18 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

Such a fragile faith if it is upset by a sausage roll.

It may well be fragile. But it isn't intolerant t object to Greggs advert. And I would sugest other faiths may take a far more direct approach than boycotting a shop if there own faith was used in this way.

Completely different to the fcukwittery shown by the bigots getting upset by Tesco.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:55 - Nov 15 with 3646 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:45 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

I'm reminded of the Dara O'Brien Routine 'I don't do Muslim jokes because I don't know the first F*cking thing about Islam. And also because YOU don't know the first f*cking thing about Islam'.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 16:46]

Just imagining the opposite.
A FLA or similar gathering and the comedian starts reeling off jokes about specific puns or about parts of the quran involving names they've never heard of. People sure they need to laugh as it's what they've been crying out for, but unsure exactly when.
Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:55 - Nov 15 with 3646 viewsBergholtBru

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:51 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

It may well be fragile. But it isn't intolerant t object to Greggs advert. And I would sugest other faiths may take a far more direct approach than boycotting a shop if there own faith was used in this way.

Completely different to the fcukwittery shown by the bigots getting upset by Tesco.

Charlie Hebdo, Salman Rushdie. Now THAT`S intolerance!!!!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:01 - Nov 15 with 3637 viewsHerbivore

The Freedom Association doesn't seem very liberal, they should maybe have chosen a different name. Something like the Follow Our Beliefs or Else Association.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:06 - Nov 15 with 3629 viewsBlueBadger

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:55 - Nov 15 by BergholtBru

Or, you know, those those blokes who made death threats to the beeb over Jerry Springer:the musical, pro-lifers murdering obstetricians who perform terminations, the DUP...
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:07 - Nov 15 with 3625 viewsBergholtBru

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:06 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

Or, you know, those those blokes who made death threats to the beeb over Jerry Springer:the musical, pro-lifers murdering obstetricians who perform terminations, the DUP...
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:07]

So what??

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:09 - Nov 15 with 3620 viewsBlueBadger

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:07 - Nov 15 by BergholtBru

So what??

Sorry, I thought we were having a 'name an intolerant violent religious tosspot' brainstorm and thought I'd join in.

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:09 - Nov 15 with 3619 viewsBlueBadger

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:01 - Nov 15 by Herbivore

The Freedom Association doesn't seem very liberal, they should maybe have chosen a different name. Something like the Follow Our Beliefs or Else Association.

I tell you what, these right wing 'we hate PC things' types don't have get triggered easy.

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:13 - Nov 15 with 3605 viewsHerbivore

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:09 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

I tell you what, these right wing 'we hate PC things' types don't have get triggered easy.

Yep, virtue signalling all over the place.

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:18 - Nov 15 with 3602 viewsgiant_stow

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:43 - Nov 15 by Axeldalai_lama

Half see what you're saying. I'm not sure the brits are as unaware of Muslim culture as you suggest for one thing, but secondly, why did they have to try and offend at all? And if they really wanted to bite, why not have a pop at something secular like the empty celebrity obsessed ITV Be looks are everything world?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:20 - Nov 15 with 3599 viewssparks

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:16 - Nov 15 by brogansnose

Seeing as Jesus was born Jewish, then I'll register my discontent.

Prove he was born...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:20 - Nov 15 with 3598 viewsgiant_stow

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:20 - Nov 15 by sparks

Prove he was born...

haha!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:23 - Nov 15 with 3595 viewssparks

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:51 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

Expressing objections is not intolerant.

Demanding removal and apologies arguably is.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:29 - Nov 15 with 3591 viewsvapour_trail

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 16:55 - Nov 15 by BergholtBru

You're correct of course bergholt, but I'm not sure that's the benchmark we should be living our lives by.

It's an interesting one this. I'm sure most people agree that you should be able to take the piss out of organised religion (I don't know actually, maybe they don't), but I'm pretty sure all of us agree that greggs wouldn't have had the balls to poke the Muslim faith.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:30 - Nov 15 with 3586 viewsvapour_trail

What happened with Tesco?

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:41 - Nov 15 with 3576 viewsBergholtBru

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:29 - Nov 15 by vapour_trail

You're correct of course bergholt, but I'm not sure that's the benchmark we should be living our lives by.

It's an interesting one this. I'm sure most people agree that you should be able to take the piss out of organised religion (I don't know actually, maybe they don't), but I'm pretty sure all of us agree that greggs wouldn't have had the balls to poke the Muslim faith.

Quite right. I can laugh at something like Monty Python`s LOB. Why shouldn`t I be able to laugh at something taking the p@ss out of the Islamic, or any other faith. And no, Gregg`s wouldn`t have had the balls.

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 18:06 - Nov 15 with 3551 viewssparks

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:41 - Nov 15 by BergholtBru

Quite right. I can laugh at something like Monty Python`s LOB. Why shouldn`t I be able to laugh at something taking the p@ss out of the Islamic, or any other faith. And no, Gregg`s wouldn`t have had the balls.

You can.

Regrettably there are significant parts of the islamic world currently heavily influenced by some very unpleasant ideologies. So its very obvious why its different. The christian religion, in the UK, has been picked at and neutered for a long time now, and has had to learn to fit in with a broadly secular society. The difference may well be one of time rather than anything else.

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 18:21 - Nov 15 with 3540 viewsGlasgowBlue

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:30 - Nov 15 by vapour_trail

What happened with Tesco?

They have produced a perfectly reasonable Christmas advert which features various shoppers, one of who may be a Muslim. Bigots are boycotting Tesco.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:21]

Iron Lion Zion

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 18:25 - Nov 15 with 3535 viewsvapour_trail

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 18:21 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

They have produced a perfectly reasonable Christmas advert which features various shoppers, one of who may be a Muslim. Bigots are boycotting Tesco.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:21]

Ha ha. Muslim bigots or edl style?

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 18:33 - Nov 15 with 3527 viewsHerbivore

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 17:41 - Nov 15 by BergholtBru

Four Lions is pretty funny.

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 18:34 - Nov 15 with 3527 viewsGlasgowBlue

Following on from Tesco's excellent piece of bigot baiting... on 18:25 - Nov 15 by vapour_trail

Ha ha. Muslim bigots or edl style?

EDL style. They say it is disrespecting the Christian faith.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024