Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? 16:36 - Dec 12 with 36610 viewsMaySixth

can't think of one yet so many idiotic sheep leave the UK to go there to follow their bank balances and gargantuan cocaine habits

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 02:45 - Dec 13 with 5685 viewsRyorry

You don't think it rather "backwards" to insult & stereotype people leaving the UK to go there, not to mention stigmatising an entire nation, then?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 2:46]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 06:47 - Dec 13 with 5640 viewsbluelou

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 02:45 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

You don't think it rather "backwards" to insult & stereotype people leaving the UK to go there, not to mention stigmatising an entire nation, then?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 2:46]

Quite. Surprised this thread has survived the night tbh

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 07:14 - Dec 13 with 5631 viewsshoopdelang

Coke is hard to come by in Australia. And it's far to expensive out there too... So not sure where you get the cocaine part from.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 07:17 - Dec 13 with 5625 viewsshoopdelang

South America would probably be the place to go to '' follow your bank balance and gargantuan cocaine habits ''. On another note don't know why I am even replying to your stupid thread.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 11:16 - Dec 13 with 5566 viewsNo9

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:09 - Dec 12 by sparks

The US is surely more racist and backwards.

With some states being very backward
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 11:16 - Dec 13 with 5569 viewsbraveblue

Out of interest, have you been there?
on 11:31 - Dec 13 with 5557 views_

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:06 - Dec 12 by crunchie1978

Yes it's called England....racist against the soon to be minority of white working class.

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:57 - Dec 13 with 5484 viewsMaySixth

the truth hurts

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 20:26 - Dec 13 with 5467 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 18:10 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

Every country in the middle east except Israel.

Israel not racist?

Fcuking hell.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:05 - Dec 13 with 5440 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 20:22 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

The op said racist and backwards. In that criteria you have to include women and gay rights. Women are not treated as second class citizens in Israel and gays are not imprisoned, tortured and executed for their sexuality.

You have to wonder why gay Palestinian men are risking their lives to cross the border into Israel, claiming they feel safer among Israelis than their own people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3211772.stm

Israel, a country that imprisons, tortures, and executes Arabs on a regular basis, a country that holds an entire people under a state of marshal law in an open air prison, a country that continually encourages new settlers to steal land and homes off Arabs ( illegally ), a country which arrests and imprisons children for throwing stones, a country which brainwashes children in school to hate Arabs.

Nope, not backwards at all.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:11 - Dec 13 with 5426 viewsjeera

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:05 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

Israel, a country that imprisons, tortures, and executes Arabs on a regular basis, a country that holds an entire people under a state of marshal law in an open air prison, a country that continually encourages new settlers to steal land and homes off Arabs ( illegally ), a country which arrests and imprisons children for throwing stones, a country which brainwashes children in school to hate Arabs.

Justified by an entitlement taken from a book of children's stories, based on magic.

People's actual lives are less important than religious beliefs.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:20 - Dec 13 with 5418 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:11 - Dec 13 by jeera

Justified by an entitlement taken from a book of children's stories, based on magic.

People's actual lives are less important than religious beliefs.

Indeed, they actually believe that all the land is rightfully theirs as it was taken from them 2000 years ago, therefore the slow extermination of the poor old Palestinians is just a bit of collateral damage.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:21 - Dec 13 with 5411 viewsjeera

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:20 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

Indeed, they actually believe that all the land is rightfully theirs as it was taken from them 2000 years ago, therefore the slow extermination of the poor old Palestinians is just a bit of collateral damage.

It's a cull and I can't see how anyone can view it in any other way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:28 - Dec 13 with 5398 viewsClapham_Junction

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:05 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

The last claim is a bit silly; attitudes towards Arabs are largely dependent on age and social status rather than 'brainwashing' in the education system. Anti-Arab sentiments tend to be stronger amongst Mizrachi Jews, exemplified in groups such as Beitar Jerusalem fans (most famous chant: "Death to the Arabs").
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:34 - Dec 13 with 5386 viewsClapham_Junction

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:20 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

Given that the population of the Palestinian territories has increased from 1m in 1970 to almost 5m now, I'm not sure how you can describe it as an extermination.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 22:02 - Dec 13 with 5360 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:34 - Dec 13 by Clapham_Junction

Given that the population of the Palestinian territories has increased from 1m in 1970 to almost 5m now, I'm not sure how you can describe it as an extermination.

I'd say that is something of a miracle considering the persecution they face. Surely you are not denying that Israel's treatment of people in the occupied areas suggest that this is what they want, even if they have not yet achieved it?
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 22:05 - Dec 13 with 5353 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 21:28 - Dec 13 by Clapham_Junction

The last claim is a bit silly; attitudes towards Arabs are largely dependent on age and social status rather than 'brainwashing' in the education system. Anti-Arab sentiments tend to be stronger amongst Mizrachi Jews, exemplified in groups such as Beitar Jerusalem fans (most famous chant: "Death to the Arabs").

I have certainly seen some evidence of it although admittedly couldn't say for sure how widespread it is within the system.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 22:06]
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 22:22 - Dec 13 with 5328 viewseireblue

Wasn't sure from this thread if Turkey is still in the Middle East.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 22:43 - Dec 13 with 5313 viewsClapham_Junction

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 22:02 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

I'd say that is something of a miracle considering the persecution they face. Surely you are not denying that Israel's treatment of people in the occupied areas suggest that this is what they want, even if they have not yet achieved it?

I wouldn't say it is at all. I don't deny that Israel treats the Palestinians with contempt, but there is certainly not a level of persecution that would stop Palestinians having children - this is not a Rohingya situation.

Until the first intifada started in the late 80s, relations weren't actually that bad and my ex said as a child her parents used to take her shopping in Gaza City because it was much cheaper than Be'er Sheva. Sadly I can't see that happening for many, many years now :(
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 23:14 - Dec 13 with 5291 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 22:43 - Dec 13 by Clapham_Junction

I wouldn't say it is at all. I don't deny that Israel treats the Palestinians with contempt, but there is certainly not a level of persecution that would stop Palestinians having children - this is not a Rohingya situation.

Until the first intifada started in the late 80s, relations weren't actually that bad and my ex said as a child her parents used to take her shopping in Gaza City because it was much cheaper than Be'er Sheva. Sadly I can't see that happening for many, many years now :(

I think you are being incredibly kind to Israel but I appreciate your views and knowledge.

I have only recently started to really research the situation out there but I have to say I am horrified by what I have found so far in relation to Israels treatment of Palestinians.

Here we have Gary Lineker calling out Israeli forces for locking children in cages. Fair play to him although it looks as though he has already received a backlash for daring to do this.

edit. looks like the video link won't work, buts its available on the middle east eye page on facebook.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 23:20]
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 23:58 - Dec 13 with 5272 viewsClapham_Junction

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 23:14 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

I think you are being incredibly kind to Israel but I appreciate your views and knowledge.

I have only recently started to really research the situation out there but I have to say I am horrified by what I have found so far in relation to Israels treatment of Palestinians.

Here we have Gary Lineker calling out Israeli forces for locking children in cages. Fair play to him although it looks as though he has already received a backlash for daring to do this.

edit. looks like the video link won't work, buts its available on the middle east eye page on facebook.

I wouldn't hold back on criticising the Israelis, but I think too often in the UK people tend to back one side and are happy to overlook the flaws of the other, whereas in reality I think both sides are heavily at fault. For every example of appalling behaviour on one side, it's easy to find the other side doing something equally atrocious.

It's really quite a shame because I think a lot of people on both sides know what the obvious solution is (ie an agreement based on the '67 borders with a few adjustments), but unfortunately they are both beholden to extremist politicians.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 07:49 - Dec 14 with 5207 viewslowhouseblue

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 23:14 - Dec 13 by Harry_Palmer

reading stuff from one side isn't research. it's confirmation of existing views.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 07:54 - Dec 14 with 5203 viewsnoggin

Gary Lineker is clearly antisemitic

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 08:27 - Dec 14 with 5185 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 07:49 - Dec 14 by lowhouseblue

reading stuff from one side isn't research. it's confirmation of existing views.

I didn't have any existing views on it to be honest. Until recently it was not something I paid huge attention to.

But thanks for the pointer, I don't know how i'd ever learn anything without helpful tips from wise people such as yourself.

Perhaps you could pm me some material from 'the other side' that I could get stuck into?
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 08:35 - Dec 14 with 5174 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 23:58 - Dec 13 by Clapham_Junction

I wouldn't hold back on criticising the Israelis, but I think too often in the UK people tend to back one side and are happy to overlook the flaws of the other, whereas in reality I think both sides are heavily at fault. For every example of appalling behaviour on one side, it's easy to find the other side doing something equally atrocious.

It's really quite a shame because I think a lot of people on both sides know what the obvious solution is (ie an agreement based on the '67 borders with a few adjustments), but unfortunately they are both beholden to extremist politicians.

That's all very diplomatic and makes sense until you realise the following :

- The West bank is effectively under Marshall Law, with military checkpoints everywhere.
- Palestinians are not allowed to travel and are effectively held in an open air prison.
- Israel controls their water and power supplies
- Israel has military, police, Nuclear weapons. Palestine has none of these.
- Israel government supports settlers that steal Arab land.

I'm not suggesting the Palestinians are perfect, but this is about as one sided a 'conflict' as you could ever see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024