Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crypto Currency 11:15 - Dec 30 with 10676 viewsCurrie10

Morning all,

Nice boring subject this - was with a couple of friends last night discussing this. One of the two has money in perhaps 4-7 different ones of these - I don't really know the first thing about it as not yet researched at all however he seemed of the opinion it's a potential gold mine / worth getting into for some £££ before the bubble goes.... BOOM.

Any of you into it / have any positive or negative experiences?
Crypto Currency on 08:46 - Jan 4 with 3275 viewsStokieBlue

Crypto Currency on 21:40 - Jan 3 by blue_oyster

It's currently a bit of betting fun, but it's got the potential to replace the banking system, which would be a disaster for humanity.

Go on then, why would it be a disaster?

Bitcoin won't replacing banking but a variant of blockchain will likely be used by banks.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Crypto Currency on 09:22 - Jan 4 with 3243 viewsblue_oyster

Crypto Currency on 08:46 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

Go on then, why would it be a disaster?

Bitcoin won't replacing banking but a variant of blockchain will likely be used by banks.

SB

Yes the blockchain technology is very clever from a technical prospective. But it removes the centralisation, and therefore the authority, from the system of money, which we already know is incredibly powerful. It will be everyone for themselves, which is not a pretty outcome to say the least.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Crypto Currency on 09:33 - Jan 4 with 3243 viewsStokieBlue

Crypto Currency on 09:22 - Jan 4 by blue_oyster

Yes the blockchain technology is very clever from a technical prospective. But it removes the centralisation, and therefore the authority, from the system of money, which we already know is incredibly powerful. It will be everyone for themselves, which is not a pretty outcome to say the least.

It doesn't have to do that though.

For example, Ripple in centralised and designed for banking.

SB

Crypto Currency on 10:02 - Jan 4 with 3221 viewsblue_oyster

Crypto Currency on 09:33 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

It doesn't have to do that though.

For example, Ripple in centralised and designed for banking.

SB

How is Ripple centralised, who is responsible for the transactions?

Crypto Currency on 10:05 - Jan 4 with 3223 viewsStokieBlue

Crypto Currency on 10:02 - Jan 4 by blue_oyster

How is Ripple centralised, who is responsible for the transactions?

https://news.bitcoin.com/is-the-centralized-ripple-database-with-the-biggest-pre

SB

Crypto Currency on 10:28 - Jan 4 with 3203 viewsblue_oyster

Crypto Currency on 10:05 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

https://news.bitcoin.com/is-the-centralized-ripple-database-with-the-biggest-pre

SB

The article doesn’t seem very clear on this. For example, if I paid you using Ripple, who is responsible for the validility of that transaction?

Crypto Currency on 10:42 - Jan 4 with 3200 viewsStokieBlue

Crypto Currency on 10:28 - Jan 4 by blue_oyster

The article doesn’t seem very clear on this. For example, if I paid you using Ripple, who is responsible for the validility of that transaction?

You're going to have to expand on what you mean by "validity of the transaction" before I can give you an answer (good or bad).

SB

Crypto Currency on 10:45 - Jan 4 with 3189 viewsblue_oyster

Crypto Currency on 10:42 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

You're going to have to expand on what you mean by "validity of the transaction" before I can give you an answer (good or bad).

SB

Currently banks are responsible for transactions between people using sterling for example. If something goes wrong with the transaction, like failure of delivery of the money or an incorrect amount, it is the responsibilty of the bank to rectify this, under law. Who is responsible using Ripple?

Login to get fewer ads

Crypto Currency on 11:38 - Jan 4 with 3181 viewsmattyboar

I've been looking at ripple and was going to invest today (having help off for a week to watch its trend). Be careful though as its fluctuating hugely, i think it should settle today just under $3.

The big thing for Ripple will be if they add the currency to Coinbase which currently only sells 3/4 (i forget who but i know Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethreum are there). If that happens they're open to the masses and the price will rocket. Plus they have deals with major banks for currency transactions.

Don't expect anything to get to teh heights of Bitcoin though.
Crypto Currency on 11:49 - Jan 4 with 3175 viewstcblue

Crypto Currency on 11:38 - Jan 4 by mattyboar

I've been looking at ripple and was going to invest today (having help off for a week to watch its trend). Be careful though as its fluctuating hugely, i think it should settle today just under $3.

The big thing for Ripple will be if they add the currency to Coinbase which currently only sells 3/4 (i forget who but i know Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethreum are there). If that happens they're open to the masses and the price will rocket. Plus they have deals with major banks for currency transactions.

Don't expect anything to get to teh heights of Bitcoin though.

Coinbase also trade Bitcoin Cash, controversially.

I've invested (a few months back) in Ripple, NEM, Litecoin and a few of the tiny ones. Nothing I can't afford to lose, and just for a bit of fun really.

Trader friends of mine told me they're taken seriously enough as a commodity to open trading desks this year specifically for crypto. That fact along with knowing how silly the bankers get with their bonus this time of year makes me think Q1 of this year could be really good.

As for a bust, I think it'll most likely be a consolidation and therefore the gamble longer term is identifying which will survive.

I've got Trolly McTrollface on ignore so I'm sure I'm missing some "doom is coming" comedy gold in this thread
Crypto Currency on 12:01 - Jan 4 with 3161 viewsStokieBlue

Crypto Currency on 11:49 - Jan 4 by tcblue

Coinbase also trade Bitcoin Cash, controversially.

I've invested (a few months back) in Ripple, NEM, Litecoin and a few of the tiny ones. Nothing I can't afford to lose, and just for a bit of fun really.

Trader friends of mine told me they're taken seriously enough as a commodity to open trading desks this year specifically for crypto. That fact along with knowing how silly the bankers get with their bonus this time of year makes me think Q1 of this year could be really good.

As for a bust, I think it'll most likely be a consolidation and therefore the gamble longer term is identifying which will survive.

I've got Trolly McTrollface on ignore so I'm sure I'm missing some "doom is coming" comedy gold in this thread

You picked a good time to get into those 3, nicely done.

SB

Crypto Currency on 12:19 - Jan 4 with 3148 viewstcblue

Crypto Currency on 12:01 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Pure beginners luck of course. What I missed out was that I went in Cardano first and took it out when I doubled my investment rather than hold it until later as it has steadily gone up many hundreds of percent. Oh well. Such is the rollercoaster!
Crypto Currency on 09:29 - Sep 29 with 1039 viewsGaulithan

Crypto Currency on 12:01 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

SB

The day when I bought a pizza for 200 bitcoin still haunts me :(. I still invest in crypto to this day. Now, I mainly deal in Ethereum as it's cheaper, easier to get, and has proven to be very trustworthy in the long term. I have practically doubled the money I invested in it last year. And I didn't trade in it. It just stood there on my account on a bitcoin mixer. And when I remembered about the account, it was a great surprise. Given the ridiculous price of bitcoin, what crypto would you recommend investing in at the moment?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 8:25]
Crypto Currency on 09:52 - Sep 29 with 1009 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's like stocks n shares. Comes with risk. My opinion is its am emerging market which will continue to grow and I do invest in Crpto but do your research. Buy coins eitn real world use case, understand the project or at least what it does and what it's for. Accept there will be peaks and troughs, don't invest more than you can afford to lose and watch for info..

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Crypto Currency on 09:58 - Sep 29 with 993 viewsDanTheMan

Crypto Currency on 09:29 - Sep 29 by Gaulithan

The day when I bought a pizza for 200 bitcoin still haunts me :(. I still invest in crypto to this day. Now, I mainly deal in Ethereum as it's cheaper, easier to get, and has proven to be very trustworthy in the long term. I have practically doubled the money I invested in it last year. And I didn't trade in it. It just stood there on my account on a bitcoin mixer. And when I remembered about the account, it was a great surprise. Given the ridiculous price of bitcoin, what crypto would you recommend investing in at the moment?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 8:25]

I really, really want to know where these people are coming from and what the point of them is.

https://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/profile/42753-gaulithan/
https://www.xrpchat.com/profile/36156-gaulithan/
https://www.birdforum.net/threads/hello.414679/

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Crypto Currency on 08:13 - Sep 30 with 908 viewsGaulithan

Crypto Currency on 09:58 - Sep 29 by DanTheMan

I really, really want to know where these people are coming from and what the point of them is.

What do you mean?
I am not allowed to express myself on a forum now?
Crypto Currency on 08:20 - Sep 30 with 894 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A.I. experiments?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Crypto Currency on 08:39 - Sep 30 with 874 viewsDanTheMan

Crypto Currency on 08:13 - Sep 30 by Gaulithan

What do you mean?
I am not allowed to express myself on a forum now?

Oh, one who replies!

You necroed an ancient thread about crypto currency and have no other posts about Ipswich. At the same time we've had multiple users doing the same thing here (necroing old threads after just signing up) and on other forums doing the exact same thing.

Feel free to express yourself but I am very interested in what the deal is.

Also what's your favourite cheese?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Crypto Currency on 08:42 - Sep 30 with 865 viewschicoazul

Drag him Dan

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Crypto Currency on 09:29 - Sep 30 with 823 viewsSparky85

I have an investment in Crypto. Bit of a spread but heavy in Ripple (XRP), Tron (TRX) and Cardano (ADA).

I toyed with the idea of Bitcoin and Etherium but as they hold a very significant price already I avoided as preferred the altcoin where bigger gains can be made.

I have been invested for about 3 years. In a decent profit so far but have seen major fluctuations and the market is a little crazy. Elon tweeting can have such a significant effect!!

Its not for the faint hearted. You can spend months seeing a good daily profit then it can all come crashing down in a matter of hours. A good example of this was only a matter of weeks ago when the whole market dropped 20% in a matter of minutes

If you are going to go into it, I would recommend:
Only put in what you can afford to lose. Whilst the gains may be significant, it can all come crashing down
Read up!! there are hundreds of coins
If you use sites like Fiatleak, Etoro etc, don't read the comments for users.
Get used to phrases like Rocket, to the moon, HODL and Lambo

I am in it for the long haul. So have turned all notifications off and try not to look at it too much. It can take over your life!
Crypto Currency on 11:02 - Sep 30 with 776 viewsGavTWTD

Surprised nobody has said this but PayPal has now included Crypocurrency into its systems. I decided to put a tiny amount into it and treat it like my gambling pot, ie. if I lose the lot, so be it. The app tells me how much it's currently worth. All very easy.

My initial concern was trusting the platform, but as its in PayPal I'm much happier, perhaps wrongly. I don't know if I genuinely have Bitcoin or if its just a £ value, no doubt someone will inform me that I've totally done the wrong thing!

As well as Bitcoin they do Ethereum and Litecoin.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Crypto Currency on 11:19 - Sep 30 with 757 viewsJ2BLUE

Crypto Currency on 11:02 - Sep 30 by GavTWTD

Surprised nobody has said this but PayPal has now included Crypocurrency into its systems. I decided to put a tiny amount into it and treat it like my gambling pot, ie. if I lose the lot, so be it. The app tells me how much it's currently worth. All very easy.

My initial concern was trusting the platform, but as its in PayPal I'm much happier, perhaps wrongly. I don't know if I genuinely have Bitcoin or if its just a £ value, no doubt someone will inform me that I've totally done the wrong thing!

As well as Bitcoin they do Ethereum and Litecoin.

I put something like $300 into Safemoon and Bonfire...

Now worth about $35.

Luckily I knew it was gambling and I was likely being an idiot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Crypto Currency on 16:05 - Sep 30 with 663 viewsportmanking

I put £850 of matched betting profits into Cardano at £0.11 per coin. It's now worth £1.50+ per coin... Viva la new Ethereum!
Crypto Currency on 16:20 - Sep 30 with 651 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Crypto Currency on 08:39 - Sep 30 by DanTheMan

Oh, one who replies!

You necroed an ancient thread about crypto currency and have no other posts about Ipswich. At the same time we've had multiple users doing the same thing here (necroing old threads after just signing up) and on other forums doing the exact same thing.

Feel free to express yourself but I am very interested in what the deal is.

Also what's your favourite cheese?

That's a great spot, Dan!

I was wondering why on earth this thread had been re-opened, and was expecting a photo of the OP on the Caribbean Island they now own, or something, with a massive banner saying:

"I TOLD YOU SO!!!"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024