Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... 08:06 - Jan 2 with 3124 viewshoppy

Boxing Day 2016, and we were facing Fulham. One of the highlights of that day for many of us on TWTD was due to be the appearance of Oliver Turner leading the team out proudly, with the 'Oliver's Army' banner in place. Unfortunately, as you will probably remember, Oliver wasn't well enough and was actually in hospital on the day instead of being at Portman Road. (as it turned out, when he was able to on Easter Monday, it was an amazing day as we beat Newcastle 3-1).

Roughly one year on, and we face Fulham again tonight, albeit away rather than at home and we can just hope for a vast improvement from that Boxing Day game.

If so and we get a result, it won't be the only thing that has improved massively in the space of a year... with permission of his dad, I thought it would be good to post these pictures, to show what an awesome year it has been for Oliver, and what progress he is making. I sent his dad a text on Boxing Day, remembering how he had been that time the previous year, and in his reply he said "I can’t believe how life has changed and for the better." and sent me the second picture, saying "Look at him a year on hey - brings tears to my eyes", as indeed it did mine too, when I saw it!

What an amazing lad he is, and it's so good to see how he's looking now, so thought it would be good to share it with TWTD to have a real uplifting start to another new year!

Let's do it tonight... Let's do it for Oliver, and get it right this time!

This one from January 2017...

And one year on... thumbs up all the way!

Edit: I think the 'Superman' graphic on the wall in the room behind him is very apt!!
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 8:11]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 08:12 - Jan 2 with 3089 viewsSteve_M

Excellent to see.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 08:21 - Jan 2 with 3069 viewsBenters2

Good lad
2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 08:31 - Jan 2 with 3058 viewsKieran_Knows

Thanks for sharing with us Hoppy, what a fantastic young man he is.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 08:51 - Jan 2 with 3033 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bl00dy marvellous !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 09:07 - Jan 2 with 3017 viewsartsbossbeard

Cheers for the update, Hoppy.

Really lovely to see Oliver's continued improvement!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 09:10 - Jan 2 with 3006 viewsfabian_illness

What a star that boy is.
Keep up the good work.

👍👍👍
2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 09:11 - Jan 2 with 3003 viewsTLA

Brilliant - cheers for the update Hoppy!
2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 10:46 - Jan 2 with 2950 viewshoppy

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 09:07 - Jan 2 by artsbossbeard

Cheers for the update, Hoppy.

Really lovely to see Oliver's continued improvement!

Indeed... let’s hope onward and upward and an amazing 2018 for him too!

Login to get fewer ads

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 10:49 - Jan 2 with 2943 viewsPJH

Great news-good to see that Oliver is doing so well.
2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 11:36 - Jan 2 with 2902 viewsRyorry

Now that really has cheered me up

Very well done Oliver & family, and Hoppy.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 12:19 - Jan 2 with 2865 viewshoppy

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 11:36 - Jan 2 by Ryorry

Now that really has cheered me up

Very well done Oliver & family, and Hoppy.

Good stuff - I thought it would give a lift to share it!

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 13:28 - Jan 2 with 2830 viewsBrianTablet

Great news. :-)

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 16:31 - Jan 2 with 2787 viewsWestover

That's wonderful to see how well he I looking thanks for posting 😁
2018 - and another thumbs up from Oliver... on 17:40 - Jan 2 with 2761 viewsmos

He’s looking far more healthier now, top lad!

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024